ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs WR help this year?
BuckeyeTheDog 09:11 PM 07-22-2021
Don’t kill me on this even if you disagree.

I know Mahomes is awesome, but I’m concerned about the Chiefs WR corps. While Tyreek Hill and Kielce are witches (and we have been lucky with their health), Sammy Watkins is gone (I know he was hurt a lot). MeCole Hardman has never really developed. The other receivers are “just guys.” They didn’t get a lot of help in the draft.

Who might become available with camp cuts, etc.? Does anyone expect any trades, etc.?

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:13 PM 07-22-2021

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:16 PM 07-22-2021
We drafted a rookie WR and TE that are both gonna be studs. Veach already addressed the issue.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:17 PM 07-22-2021
That said, I think Robinson is going to start the year at X or #2. How long he stays there is up to him, and if last season is any indication, it won't be long.

I think they like Hardman as the 3 for the gadget plays and being able to keep him at PR.

Pringle is probably capped out as the #4/KR guy. He has shown he can be clutch, but can he do it against #1 and 2 CBs?

I'm excited for Cornell Powell and hope he dark horse's his way to the X spot. He'll have to show a lot and outperform guys that have been here 3 years, but I'm pulling for him. Everyone past Powell are JAGs.

For us to go bring someone in that gets cut, you have to move someone out from that list above. And I really don't see that happening.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:21 PM 07-22-2021
I think the plan is to overwhelm defenses much like they have. They dont have a true X but with Hill, Hardman and Calloway on the field thats a threat to house it from anywhere, then you factor in Kelce. This offense is still fucking stacked just not the way it was, and with less proven commodities than people want to be comfortable with.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 09:25 PM 07-22-2021
Mahomes will make average receivers stars.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:25 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I think the plan is to overwhelm defenses much like they have. They dont have a true X but with Hill, Hardman and Calloway on the field thats a threat to house it from anywhere, then you factor in Kelce. This offense is still fucking stacked just not the way it was, and with less proven commodities than people want to be comfortable with.
Gah, I keep forgetting about Calloway. Going to watch him and Powell closely in preseason.

And here is the other thing - if the coaches are really as high on Gray as has been said they are because he is running routes like a vet, how often are we going to be in 12 personnel and not need the extra bodies at WR? (I know Andy loves his 4 and 5 wide sets, but still)
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:31 PM 07-22-2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:31 PM 07-22-2021
Hardman will step up. 65 catches. 900 yards
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:47 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That said, I think Robinson is going to start the year at X or #2. How long he stays there is up to him, and if last season is any indication, it won't be long.

I think they like Hardman as the 3 for the gadget plays and being able to keep him at PR.

Pringle is probably capped out as the #4/KR guy. He has shown he can be clutch, but can he do it against #1 and 2 CBs?

I'm excited for Cornell Powell and hope he dark horse's his way to the X spot. He'll have to show a lot and outperform guys that have been here 3 years, but I'm pulling for him. Everyone past Powell are JAGs.

For us to go bring someone in that gets cut, you have to move someone out from that list above. And I really don't see that happening.
Fuck that. I’ve hated on Hardman constantly, but if he wants to prove every hater like myself wrong then he needs to be more than a fucking WR3 or gadget type. He has every opportunity now to take over as the top option along with CEH when Hill and Kelce are being doubled.

Robinson is a nobody and has no room being above Hardman in the pecking order if Hardman actually lives up to his draft status.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:12 PM 07-22-2021
Gah, I keep forgetting about Calloway. Going to watch him and Powell closely in preseason.

And here is the other thing - if the coaches are really as high on Gray as has been said they are because he is running routes like a vet, how often are we going to be in 12 personnel and not need the extra bodies at WR? (I know Andy loves his 4 and 5 wide sets, but still)
I didnt want to include Gray or any rooks just because they are unproven but if Gray is what hes been billed as by some, youve got two "X" types in Kelce and Gray. Let the speed overwhelm elsewhere. Calloway was drafted to be the browns "Cheetah". And i honestly believe they think they can win just with that alone. No defense has an answer for all three at once. Rarely did we get shut down last year without sammy and Hill and Hardman as the threat.
[Reply]
Jamie 11:40 PM 07-22-2021
I'm not a Watkins hater and I think he was better than his stats (when he played), but just in terms of pure production Watkins only had 37 receptions for 421 yards in 10 games last year. It's not like we're replacing a #1 receiver here.

Also I think the fact that we switched Greg Lewis to RB coach says a lot about what we plan to do with those targets.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:52 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I'm not a Watkins hater and I think he was better than his stats (when he played), but just in terms of pure production Watkins only had 37 receptions for 421 yards in 10 games last year. It's not like we're replacing a #1 receiver here.

Also I think the fact that we switched Greg Lewis to RB coach says a lot about what we plan to do with those targets.
Screens and wheel routes. I'm ok with that.
[Reply]
Cosmos 12:29 AM 07-23-2021
Screens and wheel routes. I'm ok with that.
I expect Andy to change up and expand the capabilities of the offense with the new personnel to beat the 2 high defensive scheme, and the OL to give #15 another click.

We may transition into a more efficient offense, if Andy incorporates a short game , and gives the OL a chance to move some bodies.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:42 AM 07-23-2021
Gah, I keep forgetting about Calloway.
He has similar stats as Hardman but without Mahomes/Reid....if he can get his head on straight...and that seems like a big if...he's the player I'm expecting to offset the loss of Watkins.

He's got talent...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up