ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What is the most dangerous fully legal thing that you can do?
Rain Man 08:56 PM 07-22-2021
A discussion in the covid thread got me thinking about this.

Generally, if there's a bonehead thing that you can do to hurt yourself or others, it gets legislated to be illegal, regardless of whether it's strongly enforced or not. For example, you're not allowed to drive drunk or not have balcony rails or climb power poles.

But there are some things that I think are dangerous, but they're not illegal. For example, you can legally hurtle yourself off a cliff into the ocean for recreation, which seems dangerous to me. That one guy a while back jumped out of a plane without a parachute, which was apparently not illegal at all.

There are some things that are dangerous, but they're an occupation. You can launch yourself into space on a rocket and that's fine as long as you get launch permits. Or you can go be a fuel truck driver in Iraq. Apparently a lot of risky stuff is legal if it supports the economy. Or maybe it's just not risky to the extent that the risk outweighs the rewards.

It's not illegal to stick a fork in your breaker box, or at least I don't think it is. So there's another category that's pretty much rampant stupidity, and that's mostly legal because apparently our society doesn't mind a little Darwinism. And if you make it illegal to stick forks in breaker boxes, it's probably not going to stop the people who do it.

Stuff like skydiving seems dangerous and it's legal, but statistically it's not very dangerous.

So I'm not sure how to ask the question other than to just ask it. What's the most dangerous thing that you do that's not illegal? And do you do it because you have to do so to earn a living, or is it something recreational, or is it something where you're just a knucklehead?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:29 PM 07-23-2021
Not get vaccinated??
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:32 PM 07-23-2021
Going for a run not wearing a mask in Los Angeles County
[Reply]
frozenchief 04:44 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Going for a run not wearing a mask GUN in Los Angeles County
FYPFY.
[Reply]
Eureka 04:53 PM 07-23-2021
Purchase your wife a set of these.

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:00 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
isn't Heroin legal in Portland now?
No, I do not think it's legal. However, it has been decriminalized. I know there is a difference, but I am too lazy to Google it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
srvy 05:07 PM 07-23-2021
Erecting iron high or low.

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:25 PM 07-23-2021
Messin' around with Jim

Oh, or that underwater spelunking. Nope, nope, nope
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:45 PM 07-23-2021
I knew a pilot once that did cloud seeding.

I think on a per capita basis it isn’t technically very bad. But fucking NOPE.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:07 PM 07-23-2021
Meet staylor at a CP tailgate after the guy has threatened you.

I haven't been within six states of Missouri since.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:11 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Purchase your wife a set of these.

Reminds me of my ex-MIL. She was probably a b-cup at best, and all three of her daughters, including my ex, were stacked to the rafters. Really pissed her off. So her husband paid for a boob job. She thanked him for it by immediately leaving him for another man.

I don't even think the poor bastard ever even got to play with them.
:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:15 PM 07-23-2021
Apologies for breaking the thread, thanks for fixing it, random mod :-)

Ditto on the cave diving, you're just BEGGING for a bad outcome
[Reply]
Eureka 06:16 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Reminds me of my ex-MIL. She was probably a b-cup at best, and all three of her daughters, including my ex, were stacked to the rafters. Really pissed her off. So her husband paid for a boob job. She thanked him for it by immediately leaving him for another man.

I don't even think the poor bastard ever even got to play with them. :-)
A great example of something dangerous yet fully legal. He probably lost half his shit in the process?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:46 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
A great example of something dangerous yet fully legal. He probably lost half his shit in the process?
Oh yeah. I'm sure that new rack he bought her played well with the judge.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07-23-2021, 06:49 PM
This message has been deleted by siberian khatru.
scho63 08:11 PM 07-23-2021
Fucking crack whores bareback ranks up there.

That's pretty dangerous and legal if you dont pay the bitch.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up