ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Slipknot
ModSocks 10:27 AM 07-02-2021
Fuck it, we got a Tool thread.

Here's a thread dedicated to Slipknot (Stone Sour is cool too) and my favorite front man of the current era (and maybe of all time), Corey Taylor.

When you sit back and really look at their catalog, goddamn they're awesome.

[Reply]
jd1020 02:08 PM 07-02-2021

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:42 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I was thinking of some of my nu metal days, Deftones - Korn - Otep - System of the Down - good times

FIFY

That's not heavy metal.

Never got Slipnot.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:03 PM 07-02-2021
Korn, Tool, System of the Down were my go-to in HS.

Hard metal rock unfortunately is a dying genre.....sucks, all the music is crap now.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:21 PM 07-02-2021
Love Stone Sour - Get Inside! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
sully1983 06:43 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
**** it, we got a Tool thread.

Here's a thread dedicated to Slipknot (Stone Sour is cool too) and my favorite front man of the current era (and maybe of all time), Corey Taylor.

When you sit back and really look at their catalog, goddamn they're awesome.

Slipknot isn't in the same stratosphere as Tool (just wanted to get that out of the way) but I do like a couple of Slipknot's older shit. Definitely goes hard
[Reply]
Bowser 06:53 PM 07-02-2021
Stone Sour is a surprisingly good cover band

[Reply]
scho63 11:26 AM 07-03-2021
We need a band called "Balloon Knot"
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:09 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
We need a band called "Balloon Knot"
The Brown Star Band
[Reply]
RustShack 08:25 AM 07-05-2021
I’ve definitely been to more Slipknot concerts than any other bands.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:56 PM 07-06-2021
So I am 15 years old or so and me and my buddies want to hit up this concert at The Blue Note in Columbia MO.

Headliner is FEAR FACTORY, and we are thinking fuck yeah. Never heard of any of the other bands that where there at the time, opener was some shitty band who didnt even have a record out yet, called System of a Down, that was followed up by another pre-record no name band in Static-X, then a band called HED PE, and of course, the headliner, Fear Factory.

Needless to say, the show fucking KILLED. Afterwords, the members of Static X where out in the lobby selling and signing merch, and we 15 year old fanboyed over to them and where getting shit signed.

Sitting on the little merch table there was a demo tape. 2 sides, 4 songs. We rocked that fucking tape all the way home and for months afterwards before this band really got off the ground... the songs? Wait and Bleed, SIC, Eyeless, and Surfacing.

Couple years down the road and we saw a KILLER show at the same Venue by Slipknot, with Mudvayne as an opener.

What a time to be alive~

edit: was searching around google after making this post and lo and behold, somebody archives this shit!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/hd-pe...o-3c10d93.html <- that date makes me 15 years 11 months and 4 days old. Woah.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:31 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
So I am 15 years old or so and me and my buddies want to hit up this concert at The Blue Note in Columbia MO.

Headliner is FEAR FACTORY, and we are thinking fuck yeah. Never heard of any of the other bands that where there at the time, opener was some shitty band who didnt even have a record out yet, called System of a Down, that was followed up by another pre-record no name band in Static-X, then a band called HED PE, and of course, the headliner, Fear Factory.

Needless to say, the show fucking KILLED. Afterwords, the members of Static X where out in the lobby selling and signing merch, and we 15 year old fanboyed over to them and where getting shit signed.

Sitting on the little merch table there was a demo tape. 2 sides, 4 songs. We rocked that fucking tape all the way home and for months afterwards before this band really got off the ground... the songs? Wait and Bleed, SIC, Eyeless, and Surfacing.

Couple years down the road and we saw a KILLER show at the same Venue by Slipknot, with Mudvayne as an opener.

What a time to be alive~

edit: was searching around google after making this post and lo and behold, somebody archives this shit!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/hd-pe...o-3c10d93.html <- that date makes me 15 years 11 months and 4 days old. Woah.
Man, what a show that must’ve been!

I managed to catch Otep, Fear Factory and Slipknot in Cali when they toured for Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses. My favorite show in this genre to date; only followed by seeing them touring for .5 The Gray Chapter.

I actually met Corey sitting outside smoking a cigarette at the first show. He hadn’t revealed his face to the public at that point, but I caught the tattoo on his neck and took a chance. He shook our hands, thanked us from coming to the show, then proceeded to call us all mother fuckers once he got on stage :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:29 PM 07-27-2021

Slipknot founding member Joey Jordison has died at the age of 46. The musician was the band's former drummer for nearly two decades beginning in 1995. https://t.co/zsXP9XEOQH

— Rolling Stone (@RollingStone) July 27, 2021

[Reply]
Dayze 06:58 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Stone Sour is a surprisingly good cover band

damn!. those were pretty damn good
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:28 PM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Gah wtf RIP
[Reply]
Bowser 09:02 PM 07-29-2021