ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Far Cry 5
htismaqe 02:24 PM 02-17-2021
So now that I've finally finished DA:I, I'm delving into my backlog of games.

First up is Far Cry 5. I'm having a blast so far but I'm really struggling with the bow.

I've played a lot of hunting games and I just don't understand the sights on the bow, they don't function like any other game I've ever played and there's no explanation of the pin distances. I can't hit the broad side of a barn and stealth is one of my favorite things about Far Cry.

Any tips?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I really need to finish this game. I’ve got a horrible habit of playing games for a while and then just moving onto another one.

It’s going to be a while though because I just fired up a new character in Skyrim. It’s been years since I’ve played it and I’m having fun again.
I'm the opposite. I can't stop until I finish a game. I'm the world's worst OCD completionist.

At least I don't think I'll be playing this game for 2 years like the last one!
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:58 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm the opposite. I can't stop until I finish a game. I'm the world's worst OCD completionist.

At least I don't think I'll be playing this game for 2 years like the last one!
It just all depends on the game and how much free time I have to put into it. I powered through The Last of Us and finished it in a couple of days. Now I barely have an hour to sit down and play anything.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:04 AM 02-19-2021
It just all depends on the game and how much free time I have to put into it. I powered through The Last of Us and finished it in a couple of days. Now I barely have an hour to sit down and play anything.
I played Dragon Age Inquisiton on average 2-3 hours a day for 2 years.

Sometimes I'd go a few days without playing at all and then I'd have some Saturday's where I'd spend 8+.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:16 AM 02-19-2021
I played Dragon Age Inquisiton on average 2-3 hours a day for 2 years.

Sometimes I'd go a few days without playing at all and then I'd have some Saturday's where I'd spend 8+.
Damn....I wish I had that kind of time. That’s another one of those games where I put like 20-30 hours into it and haven’t picked it up since.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:19 AM 02-19-2021
Damn....I wish I had that kind of time. That’s another one of those games where I put like 20-30 hours into it and haven’t picked it up since.
Just so you know, my last playthrough I skipped a bunch of content and had the difficulty set on normal. It still took just under 100 hours to finish. It's not a small game, even if you kind of rush through it.

As far as time, it really depends on my work schedule. Some weeks, I don't even have time to eat, sleep, or piss, let alone game.

And some weeks, I might as well sit and play while I wait for somebody to email me.

Also, my kids are now pretty much grown, and they're girls, so I don't have much "parenting" to do anymore. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:24 AM 02-19-2021
I finally kind of figured it all out yesterday. Some of the story is thrust on you, to create a sense of urgency. Apparently they don't want you wandering around fishing when people need saved. :-)

Also, I gotta say the soundtrack to this game is killer. Between the locals and their Americana music, the cultists with their weird Christian folk music, and the resistances outposts full of classic and stoner rock, it's pretty immersive.

Too many cougars though. :-)
Oh, ditto on the soundtrack. I’ve added quite a bit of “new” music to my library on account of discovering it via this game. My only gripe is that there is not a way (that I have been able to find any way) in the settings to turn the music volume up in the car. When there is good music playing I don’t want to just listen to it, I want to HEAR it. Especially when driving (holds true IRL as well).

I never really felt that sense of urgency when playing, I spent A LOT of time running through the wilderness or driving around slowly growing my XP by killing cultists on the side of the road. But that wasn’t even about the XP and advancing in the game, that was because I wanted to kill the sick fuck cultists. :-) Obviously, I had to deal with what the game wanted me to deal with when I did reach those points but, I never felt pressured to move at any other pace than the pace I wanted out side of that. Hell, I reached the end of the story line but, not only do I have side missions left I can go back and do, I still have STORY LINE missions that need to be done. So it’s still very much a what you want to make of it game experience.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:29 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Oh, ditto on the soundtrack. I’ve added quite a bit of “new” music to my library on account of discovering it via this game. My only gripe is that there is not a way (that I have been able to find any way) in the settings to turn the music volume up in the car. When there is good music playing I don’t want to just listen to it, I want to HEAR it. Especially when driving (holds true IRL as well).

I never really felt that sense of urgency when playing, I spent A LOT of time running through the wilderness or driving around slowly growing my XP by killing cultists on the side of the road. But that wasn’t even about the XP and advancing in the game, that was because I wanted to kill the sick fuck cultists. :-) Obviously, I had to deal with what the game wanted me to deal with when I did reach those points but, I never felt pressured to move at any other pace than the pace I wanted out side of that. Hell, I reached the end of the story line but, not only do I have side missions left I can go back and do, I still have STORY LINE missions that need to be done. So it’s still very much a what you want to make of it game experience.
Im not saying I felt a sense of urgency, I'm saying I think that's what they were attempting by dragging me out of whatever I was doing to complete a scripted mission just because I gained a certain amount of point.

I'll be honest. I love the resistance music but it's the cultist music that sticks with me. Just goes to show how that kind of music is used, even in churches today (not to get political).

"Let the water wash away your sins! Let the water wash away your sins!"
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:59 PM 02-19-2021
Im not saying I felt a sense of urgency, I'm saying I think that's what they were attempting by dragging me out of whatever I was doing to complete a scripted mission just because I gained a certain amount of point.
My misunderstanding.

Originally Posted by :
I'll be honest. I love the resistance music but it's the cultist music that sticks with me. Just goes to show how that kind of music is used, even in churches today (not to get political).

"Let the water wash away your sins! Let the water wash away your sins!"
Heh, I may or may not have added Set Those Sinners Free to my “soundtrack” playlist.

That one is pretty catchy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:29 PM 02-19-2021
Heh, I may or may not have added Set Those Sinners Free to my “soundtrack” playlist.

That one is pretty catchy.
Is that something you can do in game?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:05 PM 02-19-2021
Is that something you can do in game?
Oh, no, not that I am aware of anyway. I was referring to one of my Apple Music playlists. Sorry about that confusion.

That would be cool though. I remember back in the day on the 360 uploading a specially burned cd playlist that I was actually able to play over CoD Black Ops2? 3? I'm not sure now. But I had music specially dedicated to the "multiplayer" (it was typically solo against bots but, occasionally split screen with my brother) games. Starting off a war game with Five Finger Death Punch's cover of Bad Company and rocking on from there on out was fun as fuck. I miss having that ability. I miss that playlist. I wonder if that cd still exists in an old box somewhere...

[Reply]
Pants 02:12 PM 02-19-2021
I mean, come on...

When that 1:47 hits, I get the feels.

When that 2:37 hits, I get ALLLLL the feels.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:18 PM 02-19-2021
Holy crap! I actually found it! According to what I have labeled on the cd though I was slightly off on the game, it was CoD MW3.

Anyway, time to add that playlist to the library.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:16 PM 02-19-2021
Oh, no, not that I am aware of anyway. I was referring to one of my Apple Music playlists. Sorry about that confusion.

That would be cool though. I remember back in the day on the 360 uploading a specially burned cd playlist that I was actually able to play over CoD Black Ops2? 3? I'm not sure now. But I had music specially dedicated to the "multiplayer" (it was typically solo against bots but, occasionally split screen with my brother) games. Starting off a war game with Five Finger Death Punch's cover of Bad Company and rocking on from there on out was fun as fuck. I miss having that ability. I miss that playlist. I wonder if that cd still exists in an old box somewhere...

Skillet. Ironic. :-)
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 01:43 PM 02-20-2021
I don't recall having trouble with the bow, but I also didn't attempt long shots with it.

The rest of the gunplay, however, was odd. I don't know if the hitboxes were done wrong or if the bullet travel was programmed too slow, but I was having a hard time hitting anything at a distance. No other Far Cry game, including New Dawn, had that issue.

Ended up playing most of the game with a LMG and thrown satchel charges.

As for the rest of the game, I may be in the minority who loved the ending.

The game had great moments. I still remember Joseph staring into your soul as you go to arrest him, with John, Jacob, and Faith standing behind him.

The drugs and brainwashing aspects of the game were nicely done. Great soundtrack.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:46 AM 02-22-2021
Yeah, the opening cut scene is pretty disturbing / creepy.

I actually have been doing a lot of hunting to get money and I've become pretty damn good with the bow out to about 100m.

And with the sniper rifle, I can get headshots on cultists from A LOT farther, not really sure.

It's kind of unfair. I just circle a compound and pick off the alarms with my sniper rifle and then go to town. It's an extra $1000 every time you take one over without any alarms and since I've disabled them all from 300m away, they can't call reinforcements. I'm probably halfway through the game and having an absolute blast.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up