ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 04-10-2018
Not sure this deserves it's own thread, but damn, there is a lot of outstanding content on Amazon. I've had it for years and never really gave it a shot. The HBO and Funny or Die catalogues alone make it worth the while. The originals are simply value added. I've been watching:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Zach Morris is Trash

Things in my queue:

Man in the High Castle
The Tick
Sneaky Pete
Jack Ryan

Would like to re-watch:

Sopranos
Between Two Ferns
Justified
Parks and Rec

Anything you'd recommend from Prime Video? I feel like a kid in a candy shop (without the requisite time to actually enjoy all the candy...)
[Reply]
banecat 06:12 PM 10-21-2019
Goliath three wasn't too bad. Can barely wait for Jack Ryan two in just over a week
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:40 AM 03-17-2020
Bosch Season 6 coming soon.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:54 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I absolutely loved Seasons 1-4 but I just can't seem to get through Season 5.

I watched 4 episodes when it premiered last year, lost interest and moved on to other shows, then tried to get back into it last week but could only watch about 30 minutes before moving on to something else.

Is it just me or did the quality of the story line drop off significantly?

And we're back to his Mom, again? Hasn't that been resolved, like at least twice?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:52 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I absolutely loved Seasons 1-4 but I just can't seem to get through Season 5.

I watched 4 episodes when it premiered last year, lost interest and moved on to other shows, then tried to get back into it last week but could only watch about 30 minutes before moving on to something else.

Is it just me or did the quality of the story line drop off significantly?

And we're back to his Mom, again? Hasn't that been resolved, like at least twice?
Yeah it’s not as good. But I still dig it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:55 PM 03-17-2020
Yeah it’s not as good. But I still dig it.
Thanks!

I’ll keep trying because I’m planning to binge Season 6 when it drops.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:24 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Thanks!

I’ll keep trying because I’m planning to binge Season 6 when it drops.
Do it. I had to look up what happened in the episodes and it gets better.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:01 PM 04-22-2020

I'll post this over here, as Buehler touted it as a superior Bosch discussion thread.

But I wanted to comment on one of the most subtle and effective bits of directing I've seen on TV, . . . so subtle that it took me until hours after for it to register, then I wonder whether it was purposeful or happenstance. But I think it was purposeful, the more I think about it.

As viewers will know, jazz is a big part of Bosch's persona, and makes up a lot of the scoring of the show.

But towards the end of season 4, there was a segment with his daughter driving by herself with jazz scoring underneath it, . . . until she stops and turns off the engine and the music stops with it.

It was a very effective way, IMO, of establishing that the daughter is developing some of her dad's traits without commenting on it, or barely even highlighting it.

It wasn't a musical scoring to the episode, it was the daughter making jazz a big part of her life.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:37 PM 04-22-2020
I completely forgot there was a new season of Bosch.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:43 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I completely forgot there was a new season of Bosch.
Binged all 10 episodes on Saturday. It was a very good season.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:45 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'll post this over here, as Buehler touted it as a superior Bosch discussion thread.

But I wanted to comment on one of the most subtle and effective bits of directing I've seen on TV, . . . so subtle that it took me until hours after for it to register, then I wonder whether it was purposeful or happenstance. But I think it was purposeful, the more I think about it.

As viewers will know, jazz is a big part of Bosch's persona, and makes up a lot of the scoring of the show.

But towards the end of season 4, there was a segment with his daughter driving by herself with jazz scoring underneath it, . . . until she stops and turns off the engine and the music stops with it.

It was a very effective way, IMO, of establishing that the daughter is developing some of her dad's traits without commenting on it, or barely even highlighting it.

It wasn't a musical scoring to the episode, it was the daughter making jazz a big part of her life.
You see that developed in this new season.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:53 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
You see that developed in this new season.
Curious. . . . Do you recognize the scene I'm referring to, and did the gravity of it strike you when you saw it?

It's when she drove off into the desert to find where a certain picture had been taken.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:11 PM 04-22-2020
Curious. . . . Do you recognize the scene I'm referring to, and did the gravity of it strike you when you saw it?

It's when she drove off into the desert to find where a certain picture had been taken.
I remember the scene but not in perfect detail. No doubt I noticed at the time the music ending with the car being shut off, because it tends to stick out when they do that kind of thing. But if she was actively listening to jazz stuck out to me at the moment it wasn’t a big enough impression that it has stuck with me.

It has become clear, especially this season, the impact her dad has on her even as she tries to fight it (by fighting him) at times. She is slowly becoming her own unique version of him. At least that is the way I am seeing it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:12 AM 04-23-2020

I remember that scene being really good. I don’t specifically remember the jazz but the scene worked for me. And there were a ton of places that scene could have really went off the rails.

All in all there are several aspects to the show that if you just described them to me I’d think I would hate them. But they work, almost invariably.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:11 PM 04-23-2020
Open question: if it didn't come free with Prime would you pay a subscription fee for Amazon Video?
[Reply]
bowener 01:48 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Open question: if it didn't come free with Prime would you pay a subscription fee for Amazon Video?
No. The user interface is reason enough.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up