ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 341 of 360
« First < 241291331337338339340341 342343344345351 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
eDave 11:05 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Alternator.

Takes way more power to turn the engine with a starter than it does to make a tiny little spark.

If it wouldn’t even click I’d start with the battery. But it’s probably alternator. AutoZone type stores should be able to test both.
Thanks, dude. It was clicking. Batteries don't last long out here and, like wiper blades and motor mounts, they get destroyed and need to be replace all the time.

So I considered that and was hopeful it would be that easy. She's not worth wrench time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:29 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Thanks, dude. It was clicking. Batteries don't last long out here and, like wiper blades and motor mounts, they get destroyed and need to be replace all the time.

So I considered that and was hopeful it would be that easy. She's not worth wrench time.
LOL. If she’s not worth the wrench then have her take it to a shop LOL. But if there was a click it’s the alternator.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:30 PM 07-25-2021
My wife picked up a 21 AMG GLE 63 S this weekend. First MB for us. She was coming from a 21 Aviator. Pretty cool ride.
[Reply]
eDave 11:07 PM 07-25-2021

[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:06 AM 07-26-2021
This is the car I bought for my wife
Attached: 2014-volkswagen-beetle-convertible-1-8t-w-premium.jpg (49.4 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 06:05 AM 07-31-2021
I need to change my coolant as it’s been 5 years, even though it hasn’t been many miles, correct?

I’m going to flush it myself. Should I just use distilled water or should I also add one of those coolant flush additives that claim to clean the system?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:35 AM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I need to change my coolant as it’s been 5 years, even though it hasn’t been many miles, correct?

I’m going to flush it myself. Should I just use distilled water or should I also add one of those coolant flush additives that claim to clean the system?
Honestly I’ve never done it.

And you should only flush with fluid. It takes a mountain of it but, but invariably you’ll leave some water in there and it will dilute your coolant. You can probably get there if you use straight and circulate it and check it enough. But who does that when 50/50 exists?
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 06:51 AM 07-31-2021

And you should only flush with fluid. It takes a mountain of it but, but invariably you’ll leave some water in there and it will dilute your coolant. You can probably get there if you use straight and circulate it and check it enough. But who does that when 50/50 exists?
Agree. It takes a lot of fluid but is easy if you are patient. Good, cheap insurance against issues later. Make sure you use a coolant grade consistent with manufacture’s recommendation. The power flushed done with equipment is riskier IMO if your radiator is older so I like just the idea of drain, fill, circulate, repeat more.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:03 AM 07-31-2021

Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
Agree. It takes a lot of fluid but is easy if you are patient. Good, cheap insurance against issues later. Make sure you use a coolant grade consistent with manufacture’s recommendation. The power flushed done with equipment is riskier IMO if your radiator is older so I like just the idea of drain, fill, circulate, repeat more.
So drain. Fill with distilled water, run car and crank heater. Repeat a few times with just water. Finally add my 4G of correct coolant back in.

Right?

https://www.autozone.com/antifreeze-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 AM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Took the Elco to the Lake for the wifeys 50th
That pic is too dark to show off how cool of a car that is.You did a helluva job on that restore.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:35 AM 07-31-2021
my eighty four monte
Attached: 193488818_179306297450673_8351613068868509360_n.jpg (109.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:01 AM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So drain. Fill with distilled water, run car and crank heater. Repeat a few times with just water. Finally add my 4G of correct coolant back in.

Right?

https://www.autozone.com/antifreeze-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
It depends on how cheap you are. If it’s me:

I drain it
Fill with 50/50
Run it. You have to get it hot enough to open the thermostat and circulate the coolant.
Drain it.
Fill with 50/50.

If you use water you have to be kind of careful, because water boils at a lower temperature than coolant and you don’t want pressure. Moreover there is no chance that you will get all the water out. None. So then you have to mix your own and get it a little strong to account for how much is hanging around in there after you’ve drained it. Then you have to test, run, test and maybe drain some out and try again. And if you mix it too hot it won’t perform well and blah blah blah.

I’ve had irrigation motors that I’ve drained everything, opened all the petcocks turned it upside down the whole bit. Then I go to working on it and I get antifreeze everywhere. And that’s the motor by itself. It’ll hang out in the reservoir, radiator, heater core, everywhere. So you’re signing on for a lot of work to get it back right if you use water.

And Like I said we have some pretty old antifreeze hanging around in places. I know you have to shed more heat than we do, but we also plug radiators with shit, so maybe not.

Especially if it’s not a DD I wouldn’t. Check it in the reservoir. If it’s not discolored or cloudy I’d roll it. Eventually something will go wrong with something somewhere and you’ll have to drain it.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:16 AM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
That pic is too dark to show off how cool of a car that is.You did a helluva job on that restore.
Thanks Dougie!

I just got my seats back from the upholsterer, so my interior is finally finished.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:17 AM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
my eighty four monte
Gbody!

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:36 AM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
my eighty four monte
I’m not sure I’ve seen one in the wild that the vinyl wasn’t cracked on the back of the cab.

Beautiful color.
[Reply]
Page 341 of 360
« First < 241291331337338339340341 342343344345351 > Last »
Up