Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 12:53 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Ryan Leaf & Tony Mandarich we’re both bigger busts than Clyde, but saying that Clyde wasn’t a bust because he was drafted 32nd is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have a different definition for a bust than I. Just because a first round pick is a JAG who starts/produces doesn't make them a bust in my eyes. Otherwise 80% of all first round picks are busts. If probowl/allpro is the standard, then yes he's trending towards bust but he's only played 2 partial seasons, still early for a final verdict. And where in the first round makes a difference. He's being paid pick 32 money not Joe Burrow money.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:55 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He has not played to his draft slot. That makes him a bust.
It's his second year as a pro I'm giving him another year before calling him a bust he still has time to develop or make corrections or what ever he has to do to make himself the back we expect him to be.

If he helps us win another Super Bowl then that makes him not a bust but a home run for Veach.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:15 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He has not played to his draft slot. That makes him a bust.
32nd overall.

If the Chiefs had traded down one spot and taken him at 33, people wouldn't care nearly as much. Many would still call him disappointing, but we wouldn't be blowing our brains out with, "OMG A FIRST ROUND RB WHY ISN'T HE EMMITT SMITH YET BUUUUUUUUUUUUUST!!!!!"

Also, this notion of not playing to one's draft slot is kind of silly outside of the top 10-15. The majority of 2nd round picks do not sign an extension past their rookie deal with the team that drafted them. Usually it's because they're only good enough to be depth, and the team can get their production anywhere. So a depth guy who only sticks around for four years. That's the expectation for a 2nd round pick. And it's largely the same for the other rounds, except the likelihood that players even see the end of their rookie deals drops the further back you go in the draft. No, finding quality starters in the 2nd round isn't uncommon, but it's also not the majority of picks.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:24 PM 01-01-2022
All I give a fuck about is winning a Super Bowl and if CEH contributes to winning a Super Bowl then that will make him a Champion and nobody can take that away from him and he can punch you in the face with his Super Bowl ring.

I like Clyde he is a warrior and the more hate he gets here the more I'm rooting for him to succeed as a Chief and again as long as he contributes to winning a Super Bowl that makes him a champion and Veach drafted a Super Bowl victor.

This team is primed. Coach Reid has been spelling the running backs to keep them fresh and in the fourth quarter they are fresh to close out games.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:29 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
It's his second year as a pro I'm giving him another year before calling him a bust he still has time to develop or make corrections or what ever he has to do to make himself the back we expect him to be.

If he helps us win another Super Bowl then that makes him not a bust but a home run for Veach.
What constitutes him helping us win another superbowl?

If he continues just being absolutely mediocre at every level, and we happen to win the Superbowl at the same time, he's not a home run for Veach.

Now if by some act of God Almighty this dude goes into the playoffs and actually starts producing at the level of an actual starting running back, and pulls a playoff Damien, then you could maybe make an argument for that.

But tell me, what have you seen from Clyde to this point in his career that would even make you think on his best day he could do something like that one time, let alone over the course of 3 games against the highest level of competition?

Like I said before, if we win a SB with Clyde, he will most likely have helped in the same capacity that my daughters helped me rebuild my engine.

They were present. Handed me a couple wrenches. Maybe held a flashlight here or there.

We win mostly in spite of Clyde's mediocrity, not because of it.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 01:40 PM 01-01-2022
Clyde has great feet and great balance....but he has no breakaway speed and is too willing to run into contact. I have all the confidence that he can make great contributions for this team, but zero confidence that he can stay healthy if he doesn't learn how to run to daylight and preserve his body
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:49 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
What constitutes him helping us win another superbowl?

If he continues just being absolutely mediocre at every level, and we happen to win the Superbowl at the same time, he's not a home run for Veach.

Now if by some act of God Almighty this dude goes into the playoffs and actually starts producing at the level of an actual starting running back, and pulls a playoff Damien, then you could maybe make an argument for that.

But tell me, what have you seen from Clyde to this point in his career that would even make you think on his best day he could do something like that one time, let alone over the course of 3 games against the highest level of competition?

Like I said before, if we win a SB with Clyde, he will most likely have helped in the same capacity that my daughters helped me rebuild my engine.

They were present. Handed me a couple wrenches. Maybe held a flashlight here or there.

We win mostly in spite of Clyde's mediocrity, not because of it.

He had some stellar games last year and he can still have some stellar games in him. I have a right to like him and believe he can be very productive in the playoffs. He has done some good things but if it wasn't for him dropping the ball and costing us the game against Baltimore that was unforgivable to you guys. He was doing great until his injury last year and this year it's like he has to learn it all again but why can't I believe in him ?

You guys can put him down I still believe he can contribute in big ways to help us win it all .

I have a right to like who I like and I like Clyde Edwards-Helaire and I believe he will be productive in the playoffs and Super Bowl. That's it.

I'm not defending his play or lack of production thus far this season but I still believe in the young running back and it's his second year. I want to see how he responds his third season as a pro.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:44 PM 01-01-2022
He had some stellar games last year and he can still have some stellar games in him. I have a right to like him and believe he can be very productive in the playoffs. He has done some good things but if it wasn't for him dropping the ball and costing us the game against Baltimore that was unforgivable to you guys. He was doing great until his injury last year and this year it's like he has to learn it all again but why can't I believe in him ?

You guys can put him down I still believe he can contribute in big ways to help us win it all .

I have a right to like who I like and I like Clyde Edwards-Helaire and I believe he will be productive in the playoffs and Super Bowl. That's it.

I'm not defending his play or lack of production thus far this season but I still believe in the young running back and it's his second year. I want to see how he responds his third season as a pro.
Heres a sneak peek into the future to see how he responds next year :-)

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:52 PM 01-01-2022

I don't think anyone was saying you can't like him.

The topic was is he JAG, and from what we've seen so far not only is he JAG but he's injury prone to boot.

I'd love to see the kid wake up and be what he was supposed to be for us, but to this point he hasn't done that, and while I never root for injuries, his injury makes the offense better IMO.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:24 PM 01-01-2022
Seems like he is made of glass this year. May not be the case every year but he has done shit for us this season. Some players just never get going and are always injured. Look at McAfrey now. That guy has missed damn near two full seasons. His body can't take it.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 05:40 PM 01-01-2022
Guys, no one is hating on Clyde. We ALL root for his success! We all thought he was the perfect piece to add to this offense with his skill set coming out of college. Remember how the rest of the league was so pissed that we got him. I remember people saying, this just isnt fair with them adding Clyde.

Was he the best runner? No, we knew that but his pass catching and route running was why the Chiefs chose him over the other RBs. It made sense.

Fast forward and so far he is JAG. He is NOT a bust, he can do his job.

He wasnt just a first round pick, he was the FIRST RB chosen in the draft.

Starting with round two:

2/35 D'Andre Swift
2/41 Johnathan Taylor
2/52 Cam Akers
2/55 J.K. Dobbins
2/62 A.J. Dillon

Round three:

3/66 Antonio Gibson
3/76 KeShawn Vaughn
3/86 Zach Moss
3/93 Darrynton Evans

Round Four:

4/112 Joshua Kelley
4/120 La'Mical Perine
4/124 Anthony McFarland JR.
4/144 Deejay Dallas

I would say ALL of the RBs drafted in round two are better than Clyde.
Round three, Gibson is better. Moss is comparable. Vaughn is behind Fournette and Jones but in his limited opportunities he has looked good and had some big plays already.

This is a big problem for anyone wanting to defend Clyde. Given his production so far, hes probably a mid to late THIRD round RB.

So saying I love Clyde, hes a Chief! Isnt the same as looking at this realistically.

Realistically, so far, he's JAG!
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 06:00 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Guys, no one is hating on Clyde. We ALL root for his success! We all thought he was the perfect piece to add to this offense with his skill set coming out of college. Remember how the rest of the league was so pissed that we got him. I remember people saying, this just isnt fair with them adding Clyde.

Was he the best runner? No, we knew that but his pass catching and route running was why the Chiefs chose him over the other RBs. It made sense.

Fast forward and so far he is JAG. He is NOT a bust, he can do his job.

He wasnt just a first round pick, he was the FIRST RB chosen in the draft.

Starting with round two:

2/35 D'Andre Swift

2/41 Johnathan Taylor

2/52 Cam Akers

2/55 J.K. Dobbins

2/62 A.J. Dillon

Round three:

3/66 Antonio Gibson

3/76 KeShawn Vaughn

3/86 Zach Moss

3/93 Darrynton Evans

Round Four:

4/112 Joshua Kelley

4/120 La'Mical Perine

4/124 Anthony McFarland JR.

4/144 Deejay Dallas

I would say ALL of the RBs drafted in round two are better than Clyde.

Round three, Gibson is better. Moss is comparable. Vaughn is behind Fournette and Jones but in his limited opportunities he has looked good and had some big plays already.

This is a big problem for anyone wanting to defend Clyde. Given his production so far, hes probably a mid to late THIRD round RB.

So saying I love Clyde, hes a Chief! Isnt the same as looking at this realistically.

Realistically, so far, he's JAG!
Taylor and Gibson are the only backs from that draft with more rushing yards than CEH. Yes he's JAG so far, but so are everyone else in that list with the exception of those 2.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 06:10 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
Taylor and Gibson are the only backs from that draft with more rushing yards than CEH. Yes he's JAG so far, but so are everyone else in that list with the exception of those 2.
While thats true if you only look at yards. The three mentioned are the only ones that became instant starters. The others on the list had RBs in front of them and had to earn playing time. Once they did, I would argue that all have looked better and had more explosive plays than Clyde. So far...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:14 PM 01-16-2022
Keep McKinnon and Gore, Sit CEH
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:17 PM 01-16-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Keep McKinnon and Gore, Sit CEH
:-)

What were Gore's stats today?
[Reply]
Page 73 of 80
« First < 23636970717273 74757677 > Last »