ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 607 of 3903
« First < 107507557597603604605606607 60860961061161765770711071607 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:57 AM 03-22-2020
Does northern Italy use public transportation mainly?
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:57 AM 03-22-2020

From this chart it really doesn't seem as bad as the Flu but if you have respiratory illness or old then fuck that.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:59 AM 03-22-2020
Well that sucks. I went out one last time yesterday and stocked up on more meat, both freezers are full. Between that and being fully stocked on tasty adult beverages, I think I'm good.
I went out yesterday also, good for over a month at this point. No hamburger anywhere so called my butcher guy and he brought 40lbs by for me.

Found toilet paper at dollar general 6 hours after they opened. No one was looking there I guess. Our other stores had none 5 minutes after they opened
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:00 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
When everyone is buying months worth of groceries all at once when they usually buy a weeks worth, it was bound to happen. It'll level out.
Yep. Like I said I’m good for a month but that’s been 4 trips in the past 2 weeks.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I don’t know what to take from this. Cautiously optimistic the curve may be flattening?

We have heard over and over how the numbers will spike with more testing available....but then we see a drop in new cases...?
We still don't have widespread testing. NY isn't even testing people with coronavirus like symptoms due to testing shortages.
[Reply]
O.city 09:05 AM 03-22-2020
The Italy curve it it follows the other countries that locked down will flatten around 10 days after the shutdowns enacted
[Reply]
Donger 09:07 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We still don't have widespread testing. NY isn't even testing people with coronavirus like symptoms due to testing shortages.
Yes, but it seems to be a fact that we had fewer new cases (presumably tested) yesterday. And that hasn't happened since this all began.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:07 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
What are your thoughts on plaquenil and azithromycin combined?

In the hospital I am not too concerned because you can just watch their QT interval.

6 or 7 days isn't very long, but just wanted your opinion on risk in the outpatient setting. Especially if we are targeting therapy at our higher risk, elderly Covid patients.
I'd be concerned starting on anyone on that combo w/ a QT interval greater than 475. Over 500 would be an absolute CI d/t Torsades risk.

I don't know if we should be dispensing outpatient Rx for it at all. If most carriers are asymptomatic, I think you're only encouraging resistance with limited clinical benefit while also depriving people w/ RA and Lupus of a necessary medication.

I'm a bit curious about the use of azithromycin at all given increasing Strep pneumo resistance (maybe try Doxy instead). The trial said it was used to prevent bacterial superinfection, but the real benefit might be from its anti-inflammatory properties.
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 AM 03-22-2020
The people dying now were infected a week or two ago
[Reply]
Bwana 09:08 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I went out yesterday also, good for over a month at this point. No hamburger anywhere so called my butcher guy and he brought 20lbs by for me.

Found toilet paper at dollar general 6 hours after they opened. No one was looking there I guess. Our other stores had none 5 minutes after they opened
Yeah I hit one of the local butchers as well and they had a limit of 5 pounds on burger per day, so I got 5 pounds. He said his supplier was closing for the time being. I had hit the grocery store a few times before that and was able to get burger each of those times, so I'm pretty well stocked. One item in every grocery store that there has been plenty of is ham. Evidently most people think of ham as the bastard meat or something? If the ham starts running low, that's when I'll know the world is about to come to an end. :-)
[Reply]
wazu 09:08 AM 03-22-2020
Italy looks like a massive anomaly. And unfortunately it looks like they are scaring the shit out of the entire world to the point of over-reaction.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:09 AM 03-22-2020
Yeah I hit one of the local butchers as well and they had a limit on 5 pounds of burger per day, so I got 5 pounds. He said his supplier was closing for the time being. I had hit the grocery store a few times before that and was able to get burger each of those times, so I'm pretty well stocked. One item in every grocery store that there has been plenty of is ham. Evidently most people think of ham as the bastard meat or something? If the ham starts running low, that's when I'll know the world is about to come to an end. :-)
This is kind of jacked up as food manufacturing and distribution is considered critical task and should not be stopped.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:11 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Because they were too slow to enact the things we are doing.
and a very old population
[Reply]
stumppy 09:12 AM 03-22-2020
Yeah I hit one of the local butchers as well and they had a limit of 5 pounds on burger per day, so I got 5 pounds. He said his supplier was closing for the time being. I had hit the grocery store a few times before that and was able to get burger each of those times, so I'm pretty well stocked. One item in every grocery store that there has been plenty of is ham. Evidently most people think of ham as the bastard meat or something? If the ham starts running low, that's when I'll know the world is about to come to an end. :-)
Same thing around here. They're running low on about every other kind of meat but there's plenty of ham.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:12 AM 03-22-2020
My guy slaughters his. No limits right now lol
[Reply]
Page 607 of 3903
« First < 107507557597603604605606607 60860961061161765770711071607 > Last »
Up