ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Considering myself lucky to still be here
Mosbonian 08:05 AM 10-02-2022
I know that most of you that are newer over the past 10 years probably do not know me....I haven't been as active on here as I was when I first joined when ChiefsPlanet started.....most of the old timers might remember me more as mmaddog than my present name.

September 9th started out to be a normal day...my wife was back in KC tending to her ailing mother. I was here in Jacksonville with my adult disabled son working my normal job from home. I had just finished my day at 4:30 and decided to take a quick power nap till 6 PM and then start dinner.

I was awakened by some very sharp pains in my chest.....one like I had never felt before. At first I thought, bad heartburn, but the pain was just getting more intense. I brushed my teeth, put on a different shirt and headed to the ER, calling my wife on the way. (The ER is 6 minutes from my house).

To make the long story short.....I was admitted that night and was on the operating table at 1:30 AM having the first of 3 stents put into my arteries. The first one was solo as the artery was 90% blocked and was what was causing the largest part of my pain. There were 2 other arteries that were 60% and 70 % blocked that they stented the following Monday. I spent 6 days total in the hospital, being monitored and working to control my blood pressure.

I am finally back to work....on a strict low-sodium, low potassium diet. I am walking 10 minutes a day, every day, to start and I am supposed to increase as it becomes easier to achieve each time and distance.

I consider myself very lucky....the Cardiologist and the other Doctor's who came to my room told me I escaped with no muscle damage to the heart. But they did say that had I waited 1 to 2 more days and I might not have made it thru the heart attack.

A lot of good friends and family prayed for me...sent me positive thoughts and have helped me thru this to this point. I reach out to my friends and "family" here in ChiefsPlanet just to ask for continued prayers and positive thoughts as I work my way back thru this.

For all my friends on here my age.....please do what I did not. Heed the warning signs and go to the Dr even if your pride won't let you. My pride and stubborness got me here and I would never wish any of the pain I felt that night....even to a Charger, Raider or a Donk fan. :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 08:06 AM 10-02-2022
Holy shit….well glad everything worked out and you got there and got it fixed.

That’s scary as hell.
[Reply]
notorious 08:07 AM 10-02-2022
Glad to hear you are still kicking.

Many people don't listen to their bodies. Swallow your pride, fellas, and go get checked out.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:08 AM 10-02-2022
“stent”.

Glad you’re well, old timer! :-)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:09 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Holy shit….well glad everything worked out and you got there and got it fixed.

That’s scary as hell.
Thanks.....I don't think I have ever been so scared in my lifetime. I am not afraid to admit I was pretty damn wimpy and begging for something to ease the pain.

I have come to a whole new level of respect for Nurses and Doctor's.
[Reply]
HayWire 08:09 AM 10-02-2022
Prayers and good luck
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:10 AM 10-02-2022
Did you get over excited for the beginning of NFL season?
[Reply]
notorious 08:10 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Thanks.....I don't think I have ever been so scared in my lifetime. I am not afraid to admit I was pretty damn wimpy and begging for something to ease the pain.

I have come to a whole new level of respect for Nurses and Doctor's.
I bet you were telling yourself "I've been through this kind of pain watching Chiefs playoff games before Mahomes. This will pass".
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:11 AM 10-02-2022
Consider it done man. Glad you’re OK.

FIL had bypass and it made him a different dude. He felt a lot better when it was done.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:11 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
“stent”.

Edited for correct spelling..... :-)

Thanks!
[Reply]
lewdog 08:11 AM 10-02-2022
Honestly the thing I fear the most because there isn't always warning with something like this.

Glad you didn't ignore the warning signs.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:12 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Did you get over excited for the beginning of NFL season?
I have been more calm than I normally am for this season.....although the Charger game tested the limits of my BP meds
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:12 AM 10-02-2022
Wow, glad you are still with us for the latest Super Bowl run!

Prayers up. Keep doing what the docs tell you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:12 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
stent”.

I legitimately did not know this. Every time I’ve seen it it’s been with an I.

I need smarter people in my life. :-)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:13 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
I bet you were telling yourself "I've been through this kind of pain watching Chiefs playoff games before Mahomes. This will pass".
:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up