ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>120+ Killed in Riot after Soccer Game
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:26 PM 10-01-2022
Clashes between supporters of Indonesian soccer teams in East Java province kill 125 fans and two police officers, police say https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/47...-than-120-dead http://espn.com/app

Lots of red cards handed out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:19 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Indonesia is such an unusual country.

It's the fourth-most populous country in the world after China, India, and the USA, but we never hear about it.

It's a Muslim country in a very non-Muslim part of the world.

It's a Muslim country that's not completely insane and screwed up.

It's a ton of islands that somehow have coalesced into one country.

Most of the population is on one island, and it's not the biggest island.

It's got completely untamed jungles in a big chunk of it, but also has Bali, which by the way is mostly Hindu.

It's got Komodo Dragons wandering around in places.
It's also in an area with such high seismic activity that its overall land area is constantly changing.

Like, it blows my mind that the Krakatoa eruption completely obliterated itself and its own island. That was a landmass the day before, and in a few minutes, it was ALL gone.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:25 PM 10-01-2022
I didn't know Soccer was popular in Indonesia. I thought they played cricket or jai alai.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:30 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's also in an area with such high seismic activity that its overall land area is constantly changing.

Like, it blows my mind that the Krakatoa eruption completely obliterated itself and its own island. That was a landmass the day before, and in a few minutes, it was ALL gone.
Didn't that eruption make waves in the English channel or something like that?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:43 AM 10-02-2022
I read the the riot was started by home fans after the team lost its first home game in 23 years. They were demanding to know why their team lost and started the riot.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:33 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I read the the riot was started by home fans after the team lost its first home game in 23 years. They were demanding to know why their team lost and started the riot.
We needed this in the 90's.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:35 AM 10-02-2022
Soccer is the most dangerous sport when it comes to being a fan. In many countries if you go to an away game and get caught with your shirt on in the wrong place your life could be on the line. I've been in those situations many times and it gets real very quickly. Gotta be smart and hide your colours.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:45 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Soccer is the most dangerous sport when it comes to being a fan. In many countries if you go to an away game and get caught with your shirt on in the wrong place your life could be on the line. I've been in those situations many times and it gets real very quickly. Gotta be smart and hide your colours.
Too bad you made it out alive
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:34 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Too bad you made it out alive
Suck a banana rabies!! :-)
[Reply]
notorious 06:12 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Persebaya of Surabaya has the soccer version of Tom Brady on their team.
[Reply]
scho63 06:31 AM 10-02-2022
Those soldiers looked like they were having fun!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:03 AM 10-02-2022
but soccer is so much better
[Reply]
bdj23 08:25 AM 10-02-2022
Say what you will about soccer... but I will always respect it's ability to generate hate.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:29 PM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Indonesia is such an unusual country.

It's the fourth-most populous country in the world after China, India, and the USA, but we never hear about it.
Highly recommend reading The Jakarta Method by Vincent Bevins. Like a lot of countries in the global south, we don't hear much about them anymore because they go along with what the State Department wants.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:33 PM 10-02-2022
So much for the religion of peace
[Reply]
Otter 12:39 PM 10-02-2022
There's a lady boyz joke in here somewhere.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up