ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA initiates investigation into concussion protocols after Tua injury
tk13 03:37 PM 09-25-2022
This didn't take long.

NFLPA has told the NFL that it wants to initiate a review of the concussion protocols in light of Tua Tagovailoa’s return to today’s game in Miami, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 25, 2022

#Tua will be ruled out for @MiamiDolphins vs @BuffaloBills.
Outward signs of head injury means ruled out even if clears the concussion protocol. pic.twitter.com/Lj2AKO5D1A

— David J. Chao - ProFootballDoc (@ProFootballDoc) September 25, 2022

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:17 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Miami fan is blinded by thirst for success.

https://finheaven.com/threads/just-w...-worse.374676/

The comments in that thread are….wow.
FinHeaven has become FinHell.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 06:18 AM 09-30-2022
I really don't understand all the hubbub about this.

Last week he had a back and ankle problem that caused him to stumble.

This week he got thrown to the ground pretty hard.

In college he had a pretty horrific injury that impacted his draft stats.

Like Robert Griffith's III. Maybe it's time to admit that Tuas body can't handle football.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:18 AM 09-30-2022
It would be great to see a Myth Busters type analysis of different playing surfaces and forces on the brain from striking the surface.
[Reply]
notorious 06:21 AM 09-30-2022
The shield will stifle any info that would hurt the NFL. Nothing will come of this.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:12 AM 09-30-2022
This is “only” like the third worst recent transgression committed by the Dolphins franchise… what a dumpster fire.
[Reply]
TLO 07:14 AM 09-30-2022
https://finheaven.com/threads/i-hone...or-tua.374677/
[Reply]
scho63 07:17 AM 09-30-2022
If this guy gets cleared to play the next game, Goodell should be tied to the goalpost and shot by a firing squad.

The NFL will lose ALL credibility about player safety right along with the union.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:23 AM 09-30-2022
I'm just resting easy knowing no vacuum cleaners were harmed
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:30 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
If this guy gets cleared to play the next game, Goodell should be tied to the goalpost and shot by a firing squad.

The NFL will lose ALL credibility about player safety right along with the union.
He won't be playing next week even if he was fine because of the media influence in the game.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:33 AM 09-30-2022
Unbelievable that they let this guy play last week.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:35 AM 09-30-2022
In '63 Al Michaels was concerned JFK may have suffered from whiplash after being shot
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:28 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I really don't understand all the hubbub about this.

Last week he had a back and ankle problem that caused him to stumble.

This week he got thrown to the ground pretty hard.

In college he had a pretty horrific injury that impacted his draft stats.

Like Robert Griffith's III. Maybe it's time to admit that Tuas body can't handle football.
I want to preface this from the POV of 'I don't know, but neither do you.'

This level of certainty about the buckling seen on Sunday, or even the fencing/spasming on Thursday from seeing it on TV, is frustrating.

It's entirely possible that the docs are in the tank, and no one in the line of protocol kept them in check, and it's possible that Tua is some motivated master of masking the true source of his problems from all evaluators. But it's also possible that everyone is being on the up and up.

Point is, this level of certainty from lay observers is just as concerning as the things they are certain about.

That buckling on Sunday is concerning to observe, but I also had a recent momentary twinge in my lower extremity that could have been very concerning from the outside.

For some reason, could even be fighting off another flare-up of gout, I've had some soreness in my big toe, . . . just barely a notch above 'noticable.' But then when grocery shopping the other day, it turned sharp for JUST A SECOND and radiated right the eff up my leg. And for just a moment my foot couldn't take weight. I had to hold on to dear life to my shopping cart so I didn't take out a row of snacks.

A second later I was fine, but I can imagine if a stranger had been watching me closely, they might have thought I was on the verge of a stroke or something.

My point isn't to say I know anything here, just an example that reminded me how diversely symptoms of various things can manifest, and to say from visual observation you know it has to be one specific thing is not necessarily helpful, even if you have good intentions.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:33 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:

There's like no chance he plays next week. The optics alone prevent that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:38 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's like no chance he plays next week. The optics alone prevent that.
You would think but the dolphins and the nfl seem intent on claiming this is a back injury. The question is, will they hold him out because of a back injury or will they put him on concussion protocol? I’d bet the former and that’s going to deservedly lead to tons of backlash.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:39 AM 09-30-2022
Ha.

No shit?

Dude shouldn't have finished the game last week or started this week.

Glad they're looking into it NOW tho.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up