ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 51
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:11 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I am so excited for Amazon Prime football. If the picture quality is as good as the rest of the platform, its going to be amazing.
This. Paramount fucked me twice today. Watching this shot show and the stream still seems to be chattering. I want to see a good stream of Patrick killimg the Sharters.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:24 PM 09-11-2022
You guys play like you did today and you will win by 20+
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:28 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The Chargers only chance is to play us:

1) When we're banged up, and
2) On a short week.

They get both and I still wouldn't bet on them.
Who do you think is going to be better prepared for a short week? The Kansas City Chiefs, coached by Andy Reid? Or the Los Angeles Chargers, coached by Brandon Staley?

Can't wait to see this one.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:30 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Who do you think is going to be better prepared for a short week? The Kansas City Chiefs, coached by Andy Reid? Or the Los Angeles Chargers, coached by Brandon Staley?

The Chiefs by far. Why do you ask?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:33 PM 09-11-2022

As I recall, it was a close game on Thursday night in LA last year. The thing the chiefs have on their favor this time is they're home.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:33 PM 09-11-2022
Some real thoughts:

1) Keenan Allen's status. Allen is so slippery, consistent, and reliable. He's like the Kelce of the Chargers' offense. If he can't go or is limited, that's a major + for KC.

2) Chiefs have a lot of nicks. How many guys do they get back?

3) What tricks do the Chiefs have in the bag for the Chargers? You know Reid has installed stuff just for them...

4) Do we see Pacheco elevated to RB2? He looked darn good and explosive today.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:34 PM 09-11-2022
No Keenan Allen and Mike Williams was non existent. We will win this one! :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:40 PM 09-11-2022
Some real thoughts:

1) Keenan Allen's status. Allen is so slippery, consistent, and reliable. He's like the Kelce of the Chargers' offense. If he can't go or is limited, that's a major + for KC.

3) What tricks do the Chiefs have in the bag for the Chargers? You know Reid has installed stuff just for them...

4) Do we see Pacheco elevated to RB2? He looked darn good and explosive today.
The Chiefs seem to have found an efficient run game to compliment their passing game. Doesn’t look like the Chargers were able to run the ball at all against the Raiders.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:21 AM 09-12-2022
Of all the teams in the AFC-W, LAC has played the Chiefs the toughest. Really you could make a case that they've been one of the toughest outs in the NFL for KC for about three years now. In fact, over the last four contests, it's a split decision, 2-2. I expect this game to be a lot more competitive than today's, and maybe even a real dogfight.

I hope we exploit LAC's apparently weak run defense, continue to expand this new dink-and-dunk offense, and that our young and inexperienced secondary can step up to the challenge of dealing with Herbert. I don't expect them to throttle Justin, but slowing him down a bit, maybe even get a pick/forced fumble for a score, or even just get the offense inside the 20 might make the difference.

Also, our DL didn't defend the run as well as I thought they would going into the game. They'll need to do quite a bit better vs. Ekeler, or LAC will hang around and hang around until the very end.

And then there's LAC's pass rush. They sacked Carr 5 times and got him to throw 3 INTs. Yeah yeah, 'and they still only won by 5!' Whatever. And Mahomes probably still pulls off a miracle, I know.

But every sack is also an injury-risk event. And both Bosa and Mack are violent tacklers. I don't want Mahomes taking that kind of abuse if at all possible.

TNF games are notoriously sloppy affairs, and loaded with injuries. I think both teams will look pretty solid, with a few hiccups here and there, but the injury risk on TNFs just seem to be much higher with the short rest.

The new 'Efficiency- First' offense will hopefully keep our guys mostly out of harm's way and KC dinks and dunks their way to a 2-score lead by half. Then turn our RB room loose in the 2nd and salt this one away as healthy as possible.

But Reid and Mahomes will never agree to that, so I expect there will be a good fireworks show on Thursday night.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:45 AM 09-12-2022
Hate them. Want Allen to get hit hard.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:59 AM 09-12-2022
One advantage KC has is they know what the Chargers do...not a lot has changed about them. They have had months to prepare for this early season quick turn around.

Conversely, Chiefs have 4 new WRs and a revamped running game....LA has essentially 2 1/2 days to watch what KC did vs. Arizona.

It took an uncharacteristic 4 KC turnovers...most of which happened in Charger territory and a late 4th down game saving bailout call for them to barely win last year.

Anyone who is somewhat honest... knows last years loss could have been a blow-out.

Chiefs lost that game more than the Chargers won it...without the 4th down flag, the game was over.
[Reply]
ARROW2 04:06 AM 09-12-2022
FUCK THE SPARKLERS!!!!
[Reply]
JPH83 04:09 AM 09-12-2022
Definitely agree that the challenges with the Chargers are:

1. They can get good, quick pressure with 4...
2. Alongside a decent secondary
3. James is probably the only safety that can limit Kelce

But if they've got Allen out that's a big plus, and likely a bigger loss for them than our walking wounded.

I was pleasantly surprised by our running game. Not sure it'll be that easy on Thursday but it'll be important. We REALLY need to get some pressure with the DL.

I know our secondary is going to get torched on occasion and it'll definitely be a tougher test but it was pretty encouraging seeing the overall defensive performance. OK it was a banged up and useless Cards team but still, didn't expect it to look that cohesive so soon.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:11 AM 09-12-2022
[QUOTE=duncan_idaho;16456925]Some real thoughts:

4) Do we see Pacheco elevated to RB2? He looked darn good and explosive today.[/QUOTE]

Thought McKinnon looked alright as well. Really surprised with how good it looked.
[Reply]
Lzen 05:45 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
... over the last four contests, it's a split decision, 2-2.
C'mon, man. I hate when people do this. You are going to include the end of season game in '20 when the Chiefs rested starters? It should be 3-1 Chiefs in the last 4 meaningful games. Your point still stands in that the chargers have played us the toughest.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 51
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up