Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nebraska Football Sucks Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:23 PM 09-10-2022
That is all.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:06 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
He must think its still 1998... Why would some of those names even think about that job...
Did you not just see them eat 7.5 mil like it was nothing? B1G schools have endless money. Mel Tucker makes more than Andy Reid
[Reply]
Sam Hall 01:27 PM 09-11-2022
Please beat Florida State to the punch and hire Deion Sanders.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:35 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Please be BoB Please please please
If he did that Albert would eventually be out of work for life
[Reply]
Coach 01:38 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think you can cross off Chris Klieman off that list, for whatever it is worth.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:40 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
I think you can cross off Chris Klieman off that list, for whatever it is worth.
Any team is lucky to have him
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:42 PM 09-11-2022
Yeah I'm sure you know more than Thamel. Your school can't afford to keep him when the big dogs come calling
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:53 PM 09-11-2022

[Reply]
Coach 02:09 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah I'm sure you know more than Thamel. Your school can't afford to keep him when the big dogs come calling
*sighs*

Sometimes you have to realize that it's not all about the cash. Sometimes it's about people/relationships and the personality of the coach. As I explained to you on this Frost thread link below about Frost's personality and his game management skills, I knew it was going south quick and wasn't going to work out. I tried telling you this.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=205

You chose not to believe it, and that's OK. You believe what you want to believe.

So let me kindly break it down for you. I would never say never, but the odds of him going to Nebraska (or elsewhere for that matter) is very low. Klieman's relationship with his AD is a big one here in Kansas State. Additionally, he knew Taylor during their time at NDSU. And I believe he is perfectly content with what he's doing and not one to be a money grab job-hopper. Hell, he was content making $400K at NDSU before getting the call by Taylor.

Additionally, he is very much enjoying being the Kansas State HC. One of the major reason is, he doesn't have to do as much engagement as what would be commanded of him at other places where you're going to be obligated to do. That would mean donor and fan engagement at a regular clip. That is not his thing, at all. He just wants to coach, and you can do that here in Kansas State. Not the case elsewhere.

So his thing and his relationship with Taylor actually allows him out of most of that. This works in Kansas State (similar how it was done under Snyder as well).

So, unless something drastically changes, I do not see him going to Nebraska or Iowa for that matter.

That being said, I could realistically see Matt Campbell making the jump to the Big 10. Also, might want to research as to who Alberts have connections with and go from there as well.

Anyways, good luck on your search.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:57 PM 09-11-2022
*sighs*

Sometimes you have to realize that it's not all about the cash. Sometimes it's about people/relationships and the personality of the coach. As I explained to you on this Frost thread link below about Frost's personality and his game management skills, I knew it was going south quick and wasn't going to work out. I tried telling you this.

You chose not to believe it, and that's OK. You believe what you want to believe.

So let me kindly break it down for you. I would never say never, but the odds of him going to Nebraska (or elsewhere for that matter) is very low. Klieman's relationship with his AD is a big one here in Kansas State. Additionally, he knew Taylor during their time at NDSU. And I believe he is perfectly content with what he's doing and not one to be a money grab job-hopper. Hell, he was content making $400K at NDSU before getting the call by Taylor.

Additionally, he is very much enjoying being the Kansas State HC. One of the major reason is, he doesn't have to do as much engagement as what would be commanded of him at other places where you're going to be obligated to do. That would mean donor and fan engagement at a regular clip. That is not his thing, at all. He just wants to coach, and you can do that here in Kansas State. Not the case elsewhere.

So his thing and his relationship with Taylor actually allows him out of most of that. This works in Kansas State (similar how it was done under Snyder as well).

So, unless something drastically changes, I do not see him going to Nebraska or Iowa for that matter.

That being said, I could realistically see Matt Campbell making the jump to the Big 10. Also, might want to research as to who Alberts have connections with and go from there as well.

I hope he stays there I think it's a great fit. I'm not sure about Campbell- it would be funny because Nutsack would cry but I kinda get Mike Riley vibes. I think Trev will swing for the fences he said money will not be an issue. Will be interesting to see.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:03 PM 09-11-2022
Klieman is another guy who got his start at UNI. You might recall how bad of a hire I said Frost would be, given his time at UNI. Klieman was exactly the opposite.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:04 PM 09-11-2022
*sighs*

Matt Campbell barely beat Iowa for the first time in 7 years with arguably the worst QB in the FBS playing with Iowa. :-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:05 PM 09-11-2022
Matt Campbell stayed at Iowa State for too long. It's terminal, now.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:14 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Matt Campbell stayed at Iowa State for too long. It's terminal, now.
Iowa State looked HORRIBLE yesterday.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:17 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Iowa State looked HORRIBLE yesterday.
I was jumping up and down for him to get the job over Barry Odom. Now? Nevermind.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:26 PM 09-11-2022
Meyer, Aranda, Fickell, Rhule are more 4 dream candidates

Sitake, Jim Leonhard, Willingham would be good hires
[Reply]
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up