Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 07-20-2022
OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 08:39 PM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Sorter:
There was nothing spoiled by my post, you whiny cunt.
JFC he's a whiny bitch. You'd literally have to research for that to be a possible spoiler.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:41 PM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Great first episode. Daemon is already my favorite character.
Literally the least surprising development ever.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:43 PM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Literally the least surprising development ever.
I prefer villains and anti-heroes :-)

Doesn't look like I'm alone though. From what I've seen, Daemon is the early fan favorite.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:48 PM 08-21-2022
I prefer villains and anti-heroes :-)

Doesn't look like I'm alone though. From what I've seen, Daemon is the early fan favorite.
I preferred that dude from Dorne that beat his ass.

I guess you just support beta bitches and pussies.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:51 PM 08-21-2022

:-)
[Reply]
Sorter 08:58 PM 08-21-2022
Great first episode. Daemon is already my favorite character.
I didn't like the casting of Matt Smith as Daemon (especially when the trailers aired). He knocked this first episode out of the park, even if I think a roided up Hiddleston would have been the best option.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sorter 09:01 PM 08-21-2022
Also,

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 09:03 PM 08-21-2022

Says the guy that defended Will Smith of all people! :-)

But seriously, I'm pretty sure GRRM said Daemon is his favorite character in the entire GOT universe.

He seems like the epitome of "gray" characters that he loves. I know he was portrayed as a bit of an antagonist, but there's more to his character.
[Reply]
Sorter 09:09 PM 08-21-2022
Ok. The trailer was meh and the reviews have been similar, and my expectations were low.

But I thoroughly enjoyed that first episode and it felt very true GoT-ish in a good way to me. I'm really excited to see how the story evolves.

I think I really missed this world.
The armor/costumes are way more in line with the books/reality than anything we saw after season 2, so that's a plus.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sorter 09:11 PM 08-21-2022
[QUOTE=staylor26;16422625]Says the guy that defended Will Smith of all people! :-)

Originally Posted by :
But seriously, I'm pretty sure GRRM said Daemon is his favorite character in the entire GOT universe.
Yup.

Originally Posted by :
He seems like the epitome of "gray" characters that he loves. I know he was portrayed as a bit of an antagonist, but there's more to his character.
That's why his stuff is so fun to read, IMO.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:26 PM 08-21-2022
Really enjoyed the first episode. Super excited for this series.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:14 PM 08-21-2022
I’m here for it. It’s a step below the prime GOT. Either they didn’t get the money GOT got or they didn’t utilize it as effectively. The dragons didn’t look as good, the dragon fire was laughably bad, and the sets don’t look nearly as good as they did in the first series.

The acting also isn’t as strong. I think there was a real magnetism with the writing and performances of the first few seasons. But In this one yo didn’t “feel” much.

But I did enjoy it. It’s going to get a fair bit of rope to hang itself.

Hilariously my buddy said he read an article that said the show wasn’t going to have as much violence or sex. They lied. :-)

Originally Posted by Sorter:
Also,

Spoiler!
Meh. They don’t have to be mutually exclusive. I thought it was a decent little plug.

Spoiler!

Says the guy that defended Will Smith of all people! :-)

Yeah the crew comments afterword pointed out that
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pogue 01:28 AM 08-22-2022
Not a bad first episode. The acting in the GoT series was far superior and it had far more characters with their own storylines. This doesn’t have the pull GoT had, especially since it focuses on just one house.

I’ll give it a couple more episodes for things to flesh out but hard for me to be as invested in the house of dragon series with the way the GoT series ended.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:37 AM 08-22-2022
A good start which introduced many potentially interesting characters. It's also unfair to compare this to peak Thrones right now which took many episodes and many years to get reach the level of complexity and character development it did (S1 of that also didn't even really start rolling until mid-season).

I'm pretty sure I read there's been more spent per episode on this show than GoT. Certainly there would have to be more money in it than the early seasons of that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:42 AM 08-22-2022
I anticipate he's right in his assessment about Hightower and his brother needing to be protected from those around him.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 37
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up