OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
Great Expectations 02:15 PM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Every thread these days, man..
Sorry, I also hate it when people bring that up on shows here. I think it’s mostly blown way out of proportion.

The original series, books especially were great because it told an awesome story that had -0- conformity to societal and Hollywood norms. You can have badass female characters, eunuch’s, incest, homosexuals like the books did if it fits in the story. It starts to suck when it gets in the way of the story and is forced to keep the woke crowd happy. It feels like that might be the case here.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:59 PM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Sorry, I also hate it when people bring that up on shows here. I think it’s mostly blown way out of proportion.

The original series, books especially were great because it told an awesome story that had -0- conformity to societal and Hollywood norms. You can have badass female characters, eunuch’s, incest, homosexuals like the books did if it fits in the story. It starts to suck when it gets in the way of the story and is forced to keep the woke crowd happy. It feels like that might be the case here.
You could take Game of Thrones, release it exactly how it is today, but this time add some SJW narratives and people would be saying the same shit they're saying about this new show.

People would be tripping over themselves to declare how the story of Daenerys is a story about female empowerment. How she overcame being essentially a pawn, sold off to be a sex object by her brother to a toxically masculine nomad tribe. How she had to overcome misogyny in order to lead armies of men and become one of the most important heroes of the story.

You could attach SJW themes to the story of Renly Baratheon and Arya too.

The end product isn't much different compared to years past. What's (slightly) different is Hollywood is using Woke buzzwords to promote their product, trying to tap into that market in hopes of generating more viewership.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:08 PM 08-18-2022
A lot of the reviews I’ve read have said this show will be full on woke. Hopefully that’s just an overreaction.
I really don't even know what that means. If the show is good who gives a fuck what color the characters are? If the show sucks it won't be due to the color/gender of the characters. I doubt they'll be running around crying about non binary bullshit.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:55 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The end product isn't much different compared to years past. What's (slightly) different is Hollywood is using Woke buzzwords to promote their product, trying to tap into that market in hopes of generating more viewership.
There you go. You can cover the full range of topics. The Boys does and isn't woke. It's how you handle it.

And there's plenty of crappy entertainment out now. Woke is just a type of crappy media.
[Reply]
Sorter 07:09 PM 08-19-2022
A lot of the reviews I’ve read have said this show will be full on woke. Hopefully that’s just an overreaction.
What's sad is that The Princess and The Queen had several female characters that were badass and it didn't feel like it was silly. They all fit.

Curious to see if they do the Cheese and Blood scene in earnest.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:49 AM 08-21-2022
This actually looks promising. I will definitely watch the premiere tonight on HBO.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:30 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Sorter:
What's sad is that The Princess and The Queen had several female characters that were badass and it didn't feel like it was silly. They all fit.

Curious to see if they do the Cheese and Blood scene in earnest.
I've not read the books. They said they are going to follow the books. Why post spoilers?

Revealing known plot line and events in the media center about shows has always been put in spoilers. Can we please put book spoilers into a spoiler?
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:17 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I've not read the books. They said they are going to follow the books. Why post spoilers?

Revealing known plot line and events in the media center about shows has always been put in spoilers. Can we please put book spoilers into a spoiler?
That's hardly a fucking spoiler. He didn't give ANY details or even plot information. If you don't google what he posted you would never know what the fuck he was talking about.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:52 PM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That's hardly a ****ing spoiler. He didn't give ANY details or even plot information. If you don't google what he posted you would never know what the **** he was talking about.
I have no idea what the words or sentence meant. Just asking if the unofficial Chiefs Planet etiquette in the media center goes for this show too.

I read the GOT books before the series came out. I was going to read fire and blood after the TV show ended but was and am still pissed about D&D rushing the ending because they were tired.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:39 PM 08-21-2022

today is THE day#HouseoftheDragon pic.twitter.com/aU5nfafjcE

— lux;��house of the dragon era (@nonesistenome_) August 21, 2022

[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:05 PM 08-21-2022
Ok. The trailer was meh and the reviews have been similar, and my expectations were low.

But I thoroughly enjoyed that first episode and it felt very true GoT-ish in a good way to me. I'm really excited to see how the story evolves.

I think I really missed this world.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:16 PM 08-21-2022
It was ok. The acting needs to take it up a notch though to match GOT... I miss Peter Dinklage...
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:33 PM 08-21-2022
It was good but damn Hollywood lives in their own little woke bubble.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:35 PM 08-21-2022
Great first episode. Daemon is already my favorite character.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:35 PM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

There was nothing spoiled by my post, you whiny cunt.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 37
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up