ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Media Center>She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Tribal Warfare 03:12 PM 05-18-2022

[Reply]
listopencil 02:01 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'm not interested in this show - just not a character that I care about. Same goes for the Lord of the Rings stuff. I just never could get into any of the movies. So I'm not watching either. But I'm paying attention to both threads to see if people go "Ok, that was worth the slow episodes" so that I can go back and watch them.

So if you're not watching the show and it clearly offends you, why are you in here posting about a show you hate that you've never seen?
This last episode was really the only one that I felt was a waste of time. That is; I wasn't entertained. The rest have been enjoyable fluff. If you don't really have anything going on then it's an entertaining way to kill half of an hour. I went into this completely uninterested in the character but willing to give it a shot. It's not great but I'd recommend this before I'd recommend the new Rings show.
[Reply]
Spott 02:13 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
This last episode wasn't very good. Bland, cliche ridden, not much of the humor really landed.
Yeah, not that the other episodes have been that great, but this last one was boring and pretty corny. Luckily these episodes are short so it’s only 20 minutes of meh.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:17 PM 09-24-2022
:-)...what a god damn clown show this series is.

Got through 1 ep and half of the next and just said **** it.

Other than Spiderman movies, MCU died when Cap/Stark left/died. They did to Thor what they did to Hulk...made him goofy, soft and stupid.

Falcon/WS was ok...couldve been better but some good entertainment.

Black Widow was ok. Gonna miss seeing ScarJo's sexy butt.

Strange2 was a jumbled incoherent mess.

Loki, Wanda and SheHulk series are not worth watching.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:20 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
:-)...what a god damn clown show this series is.

Got through 1 ep and half of the next and just said **** it.

Other than Spiderman movies, MCU died when Cap/Stark left/died. They did to Thor what they did to Hulk...made him goofy, soft and stupid.

Falcon/WS was ok...couldve been better but some good entertainment.

Black Widow was ok. Gonna miss seeing ScarJo's sexy butt.

Strange2 was a jumbled incoherent mess.

Loki, Wanda and SheHulk series are not worth watching.
Sam and Bucky was terrible. Worst of the D+ series by a large margin.

Loki was pretty damn good and Wanda was fantastic.

SheHulk is a funny sitcom, where the hulk bits are just there for comedy. Plenty of spots in SheHulk where I actually laughed out loud. It pretty much is what it was as a book. Comedy.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:28 AM 09-25-2022
I think the problem with the recent episodes is Titania. The show is set up for She-Hulk to play the straight woman against the wacky guest stars, so it rises and falls with how entertaining those guest stars are. And Titania has fallen short. "Kardashian as supervillain" is a funny idea, but they haven't been able to mine much from it so far.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:49 AM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I think the problem with the recent episodes is Titania. The show is set up for She-Hulk to play the straight woman against the wacky guest stars, so it rises and falls with how entertaining those guest stars are. And Titania has fallen short. "Kardashian as supervillain" is a funny idea, but they haven't been able to mine much from it so far.
It went a bit better in the latest episode, but yeah, Titania just isn't very compelling.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:54 AM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
WOKE
IMO it's pandering/virtue signaling to cover for terrible writing. That's the ongoing trend in the "entertainment" industry: quickly and cheaply produce content. Who cares if it is good? If it is REALLY shit, just market the hell out of the PC elements to pander to the mouth-breathing twatter masses. For all critiques, fling insults (aka "aNyOnE wHo DoEsN't LoVe PrOdUcT(tm) iS aN 'ist'") to drum up controversy (aka attention/free publicity). Rinse, repeat. End result: absolute garbage is being vomited forth.

What sucks is most of this is on the backs of truly great franchises. This crap has ruined Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr Who, MCU, GoT, and now they are doing it with Tolkien. Fans have had it, and are finally tuning out (thank God). We need to starve this behavior out. PLEASE get back to hiring good writers.

I have heard great things about House of the Dragon, and Andor is receiving praise. The Mandalorian had some really good moments, and Boba Fett, although as a whole kinda sucked, also had some good moments (e.g. when they brought The Mandalorian storyline into the mix). Perhaps they are finally starting to learn that pandering to frothing social media dumbfucks isn't a winning strategy?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:14 AM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Ideas / theories above.
1) Yeah, most likely. I'll have Rausch level disappointment with this, though - the storyline won't match the masterpiece they're taking it from. Hope they don't completely flub it.

2) I can see that even though seeing mutants* and Mr. Sinister would be a HFS moment for the entire MCU (and the more I think about it, they won't do that here. Sinister is a major player and seemingly wouldn't fit in this device. BUT, you could make the same argument for Daredevil as well). I wonder who will take on the role of General Ross going forward since William Hurt has passed.

*Marvel is retconning the history of all mutants right now. Instead of saying their abilities were unlocked due to atomic energies, now mutants are humans that were born with their abilities due to having Deviant genes in them, which could be why we got an Eternals movie when we did. Check out the Avengers vs. X-Men vs. Eternals run going on now, it's good.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:58 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
IMO it's pandering/virtue signaling to cover for terrible writing. That's the ongoing trend in the "entertainment" industry: quickly and cheaply produce content. Who cares if it is good? If it is REALLY shit, just market the hell out of the PC elements to pander to the mouth-breathing twatter masses. For all critiques, fling insults (aka "aNyOnE wHo DoEsN't LoVe PrOdUcT(tm) iS aN 'ist'") to drum up controversy (aka attention/free publicity). Rinse, repeat. End result: absolute garbage is being vomited forth.

What sucks is most of this is on the backs of truly great franchises. This crap has ruined Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr Who, MCU, GoT, and now they are doing it with Tolkien. Fans have had it, and are finally tuning out (thank God). We need to starve this behavior out. PLEASE get back to hiring good writers.

I have heard great things about House of the Dragon, and Andor is receiving praise. The Mandalorian had some really good moments, and Boba Fett, although as a whole kinda sucked, also had some good moments (e.g. when they brought The Mandalorian storyline into the mix). Perhaps they are finally starting to learn that pandering to frothing social media dumb****s isn't a winning strategy?
Exactly.

It is getting to the point where they are incorporating backlash (real or fabricated) as part of the marketing.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:32 PM 09-30-2022
Okay, the therapy group was pretty hilarious.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:28 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Okay, the therapy group was pretty hilarious.
I chuckled through it, but I feel it really is time to turn it up a notch.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:50 AM 10-06-2022
Well, all right. After a couple of dogs, episode #8 was really good. Lot's of interesting stuff that I won't spoil but this is a payoff episode for those who have stuck with it. I'm looking forward to the season finale now.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:52 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I chuckled through it, but I feel it really is time to turn it up a notch.
Maybe it wasn't fair of me to include that episode as one of the 'dogs' like the previous one but it was a still a letdown in quality to me. The wedding episode was just bad. The retreat one wasn't really bad so much as mediocre.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:05 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Well, all right. After a couple of dogs, episode #8 was really good. Lot's of interesting stuff that I won't spoil but this is a payoff episode for those who have stuck with it. I'm looking forward to the season finale now.

:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 11:14 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
[Reply]
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Up