ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 435
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
-King- 06:38 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
No I saw it, but he's getting paid $21 mil/year. I think the bar has to be set a little higher than him almost making a play. It's almost as bad as all the Alex Smith ballwashers and their alexcuses. It's like when people would blame the O-Line and say things like "Well if the line have him time to throw!", then Patrick Mahomes comes in with the same line and makes Fischer an all pro. Some of you are doing the same thing with Clark, "it's hot out", "it's a new scheme", "he's being double teamed", but that stuff doesn't seem to hinder anyone else on the D Line. Emmanuel Ogbah, Kpass, and Alex Okafor are all backups and they're all as productive or more productive than Clark. That's horrible considering the contracts of everyone on the D line and how much theyre making this year.

Ogbah - $2.1 million
Okafor - $6 million
Jones - $1.2 million
Nnadi - $1 million
KPass - $1.2 million
Saunders - $1 million
Total - $12.5 million this year

Frank "I Get Double Teamed" Clark - $21 million

So we're paying the $33.5 million this year on D Line and Clark accounts for 67% of that. It's not a good thing if your highest paid defensive lineman (highest paid player on the team) is the least productive player on that line. Hell he's probably the least productive starter on defense. Wards made a few decent plays compared to Clark's sack, a TFL, and an int. But I will give him credit for having the most "almost made plays".
THIS! I don't get why people in this thread continue to act like expectations aren't a thing. If you're traded for a first AND second round pick and given the contract he was given, then sorry, expectations for you tend to be a lot higher than getting double teamed. If we got Jalen Ramsey for a 1st plus other picks them expectations for him would be higher than the other corners on the team. When we give Mahomes his megadeal, expectations for him will be to maintain his current level of play. If he goes down to Alex Smith levels of play, would people be saying "he takes real good care of the ball", "We're still winning so stop bitching!"?

I just don't get why people can't realize the investment that the chiefs gave for Clark and what the ROI should be.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:53 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
THIS! I don't get why people in this thread continue to act like expectations aren't a thing. If you're traded for a first AND second round pick and given the contract he was given, then sorry, expectations for you tend to be a lot higher than getting double teamed. If we got Jalen Ramsey for a 1st plus other picks them expectations for him would be higher than the other corners on the team. When we give Mahomes his megadeal, expectations for him will be to maintain his current level of play. If he goes down to Alex Smith levels of play, would people be saying "he takes real good care of the ball", "We're still winning so stop bitching!"?

I just don't get why people can't realize the investment that the chiefs gave for Clark and what the ROI should be.
Yeah, I don't get why I'm being a whiner for pointing out that we wasted alot of resources on Clark if he doesn't start playing better. All of our other d lineman are just as productive. Clark needs to be playing at a DPOY level for what we paid for him, but he's producing at the levels that you would expect from a back up player. Hell we could have just signed another guy off the streets and gotten a CB in the draft and could have 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds next year. I honestly can't believe so many people don't understand this.
[Reply]
Warrick 07:06 PM 09-22-2019
Oh they can understand it dlp, but what you don't seem to understand is the Chiefs are only three games into the season... It's too early for this for this debate, just enjoy the wins for now until the defense gels.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:08 PM 09-22-2019
I couldn’t imagine getting this worked up over such a small sample size when we’re 3-0 and the defense already looks improved :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 07:09 PM 09-22-2019
It's very early ... very, but Houston's numbers are better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:11 PM 09-22-2019
Clark has 2 sacks today on any QB not named Lamar Jackson - no one else in the league jukes out of sacks like this guy.

[Reply]
JakeF 07:14 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I couldn’t imagine getting this worked up over such a small sample size when we’re 3-0 and the defense already looks improved :-)
Are you sure they are worked up or are they just talking shit about football?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:20 PM 09-22-2019
Anyone who thinks he sucks is an idiot and I'll never listen to another football take from you morons.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:04 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not worked up at all. You realize this is a Chiefs message board? I'm discussing a Chiefs player that I have not been satisfied with. It would seem like the people that are getting worked up are the ones that are getting offended by any criticism of FC. That's typical and expected on here.

There are some posters on here that are incapable of having an actual discussion, so they resort to name calling. The name calling is sometimes warranted, but if you're going to call someone an idiot, then provide some kind of evidence, like stats for example, to prove why that person is an idiot.

Another thing, I know it's early and I think/hope that Frank will start playing like the guy we traded for and signed to a huge contract, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticized. No one is an idiot for pointing out that he has played pretty shitty. When people are defending him by saying he almost did something, using the weather or field condition as an excuse, or saying that he's double teamed alot, then that should be enough evidence to prove that he's not playing up to expectation.

One last thing, when he does start to play like he is expected to play, that doesn't mean anyone that is being critical of him now is an idiot. It seems this concept is hard for some people to grasp.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:08 PM 09-22-2019
His PFF grade is 56.0 in other words he sucks ass
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:09 PM 09-22-2019
56.0 is above average, actually
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:09 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Are you sure they are worked up or are they just talking shit about football?
Hes pretty much clueless a vast majority of the time. I'm surprised he's still around, especially after he stayed onboard the SS ASS11, even after it was submerged.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:15 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
56.0 is above average, actually

The Player Grading Scale:
100-90 Elite
89-85 Pro Bowler
84-70 Starter
69-60 Backup
59-0 Replaceable

— PFF (@PFF) October 9, 2015

Lmao, no it's not. It's not even in the backup range. Idk how much I agree with PFF, but I think you find their assessments to be pretty accurate.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:19 PM 09-22-2019
PFF :-)

I know people who have worked with them who are NOT qualified to grade football players. I’ll just come out and say it.
[Reply]
-King- 08:27 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Anyone who thinks he sucks is an idiot and I'll never listen to another football take from you morons.
I don't think he sucks. But he has sucked so far. There's a difference.

If he doesn't ramp up the production, then we wasted a lot of resources cause this same off season we could have gotten Jadeveon Clowney for a lot cheaper and probably been at the same place.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 435
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up