ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 435
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
TEX 11:00 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It was a dumb trade anyway. We had 2 people that were perfectly capable of producing just below or equal to the level of Clark. Then we gave away a 1st and 2nd rounder. It was stupid
Yep. Right on all points.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:11 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. Right on all points.
No, we had two useless sacks of shit that played below their pay grade and could not execute something as simple as lining up correctly.
I don't give a fuck if either of those two have a better season than Clark, I'm just glad they're gone.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:40 AM 10-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
No, we had two useless sacks of shit that played below their pay grade and could not execute something as simple as lining up correctly.
I don't give a **** if either of those two have a better season than Clark, I'm just glad they're gone.
I'll give you Ford. **** him.

As for Houston... it seems to me that we traded multiple draft picks for a guy just like him for the same amount of money.

Whoopie-doo about Denver. Houston gave us 3-4 games like that each season and, like Clark, was largely invisible in between.

Now he's dinged up. Who's that remind you of?

Ugh.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:51 AM 10-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I don't give a **** if either of those two have a better season than Clark, I'm just glad they're gone.
Played below their pay grade? Dee Ford was on a 5 yr $16.7 mil rookie contract. Yes he was a broke dick for a couple of those years, but he had 2 seasons in which he had 10 or more sacks. Last year he was one of the best pass rushers in the league and I know the narrative is that he was a liability against the run, but he was pretty god damn solid last year. On top of his 23 hurries, 17 qb knockdown, and 13 sacks he also had 55 tackles, 13 TFL, and a league leading 7 FF. That's better than any season Frank has put together.

The only difference between Frank Clark and Dee Ford is that Clark is maybe a little better than Ford at run D and that Clark was able to stay healthy between his double digit sack seasons. Frank had his first 10 sack season, 9 sacks the next season and finally 13 sacks in his final season with Seattle, because he was able to stay healthy. Dee had a 10 sack season, followed that up with 2 sacks missing 10 games and being hurt when he did play, and then broke out in his last season with the Chiefs. People want to act like this huge gap exists between Dee Ford and Clark, because Ford got hurt often and he was offsides on the pass that was intercepted. If Dee Ford didn't have the history of injury he has, then we probably give him the long term deal.

Justin Houston was also not paying below his pay grade. Yes he was hurt often too, but he got shit medical advice that led to a much longer recovery from his knee injury. If the doctors wouldn't have failed him, then I think people have a much different opinion on him, because when he was able to play he was pretty damn good. He was given a contract extension (5 year $101 million) after his 22 sack season. After that season he played in 43 out of a possible 64 games. In those 43 games he had 30 sacks, so basically a sack in 70 percent of his games. That averages out to 11 sacks over a 16 game season. So he was a difference maker when he was able to play and I dont blame him for missing games, his knee doctor fucked up.

Frank Clark is on pace for 6 sacks this season, so if you consider what Houston and Ford did as playing under their pay grade, then I cant imagine what you would say about 6 sacksi the 1st year of his $104 million contract, more than Houstons. Something else to think about is that even though Houston signed a $101 mil contract he only actually made $68 million of it. Frank Clark was given $68 million guaranteed and he may not be anywhere close to as productive as Houston.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:00 AM 10-26-2019
I still think we gotta give Clark a little leniency here. Unlike Ford and Houston over the last several seasons, Clark is still finding his groove on a new team, new system and it hadn't began to gel until last Thursday. If he has two huge games against NE and their scrub LT's then we'll harold Veach as a genius.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 01:08 AM 10-26-2019
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I still think we gotta give Clark a little leniency here. Unlike Ford and Houston over the last several seasons, Clark is still finding his groove on a new team, new system and it hadn't began to gel until last Thursday. If he has two huge games against NE and their scrub LT's then we'll harold Veach as a genius.
Yeah, but here's the deal:

DE's probably have the easiest job, responsibility wise, on any NFL defense. The same reason that allows RB's to make instant impacts allow quality edge rushers the same. Contain the edge, go get the QB. He's not a new QB or a WR learning new route trees or 100 options for his 30 plays. His responsibilities are PRETTY damn clear cut.

"learning the system" is a bad excuse for running backs, and it's a bad excuse for an edge rusher. If Nick Bosa can walk into SF and make an impact, a vet like Clark could do so here. He simply has underperformed so far. He's got some time to remedy that. He's hurt, but at least he finally had an impact game.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:41 AM 10-26-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

DE's probably have the easiest job, responsibility wise, on any NFL defense. The same reason that allows RB's to make instant impacts allow quality edge rushers the same. Contain the edge, go get the QB. He's not a new QB or a WR learning new route trees or 100 options for his 30 plays. His responsibilities are PRETTY damn clear cut.

"learning the system" is a bad excuse for running backs, and it's a bad excuse for an edge rusher. If Nick Bosa can walk into SF and make an impact, a vet like Clark could do so here. He simply has underperformed so far. He's got some time to remedy that. He's hurt, but at least he finally had an impact game.
I don't get this "he needs to learn the system shit either. In the off-season they were saying how much they love the new system, because you can just go out and play and not worry about much.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:44 AM 10-26-2019

That's fair
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:40 AM 10-27-2019
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...117024768?s=21

Rapoport says week-to-week, something he’s been battling through lately...
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:06 AM 10-27-2019

If this is true, then Dee Ford must be an idiot of almost epic proportions.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:52 AM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't get this "he needs to learn the system shit either. In the off-season they were saying how much they love the new system, because you can just go out and play and not worry about much.
Not sure where you read that but almost everyone that he’s coached says it takes time to learn the system.
[Reply]
kcclone 12:13 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Well, at least we can hope his health is the only thing holding him back and hopefully he can be healthy at the end of the year.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:17 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Yeah that sucks. Wonder how long he has had the injury?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:31 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah that sucks. Wonder how long he has had the injury?
Read somewhere (might've been a Rap report on twitter) he injured his neck in the Colts game.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:35 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Not sure where you read that but almost everyone that he’s coached says it takes time to learn the system.
What exactly do you think is so complicated for a defensive end to learn in any system? There's not some big complicated scheme that defensive lineman have and can't pick up through offseason practices and half of the season. It's not like hes a DB or a LB that has to worry about coverages and such.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 435
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Up