ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 552 of 2683
« First < 52452502542548549550551552 55355455555656260265210521552 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:45 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Minnesota gave a first for a quarterback who I doubt was even considered their long term answer, so why wouldn't a team give a 2nd?
I'm not saying no team would give a 2nd round pick. I am saying that a QB-needy team which doesn't have a high draft pick might be more likely to give a 2nd round pick as they could envision having Smith as a starter for possibly a few years.

The Minnesota trade happened because they had just lost Bridgewater to a season-ending injury when they were thinking they were good enough to go to the SB. They were begging. And it was widely viewed as a bad trade.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:47 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I'm not saying no team would give a 2nd round pick. I am saying that a QB-needy team which doesn't have a high draft pick might be more likely to give a 2nd round pick as they could envision having Smith as a starter for possibly a few years.

The Minnesota trade happened because they had just lost Bridgewater to a season-ending injury when they were thinking they were good enough to go to the SB. They were begging. And it was widely viewed as a bad trade.
Jacksonville - best thing that could happen is Blake Bortles looks like hot garbage in the playoffs and Alex Doesn't
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:49 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Jacksonville - best thing that could happen is Blake Bortles looks like hot garbage in the playoffs and Alex Doesn't
If they ditch Bortles, it'll be Eli Manning

Coughlin loves him, brings serious resume, loaded roster... makes too much sense
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:50 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Coughlin loves him, loaded roster... makes too much sense
Coughlin, while he has History with ELI. I don't believe he would bring him in, when he knows he has the defense and running game to win now. He would want a SAFE QB not one that loves to throw INT's
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:01 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
He's going to start Week 17. Bank on it... unless the Chiefs lose to the Fins in Chiefly fashion that is
YEAH! You tell 'em Robin!
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 02:06 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think the odds of Buffalo trading for him have gone up. They clearly don’t want Tyrod Taylor and they won’t be in a position to draft a top QB.
That would be ironic to get our first round pick back from Buffalo for Alex and then to have Mahomes beat them next year with Alex as their starting quarterback!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:29 PM 12-20-2017
It's not like the Browns are going to just jump to the playoffs in 2018. This rebuild is going to take some time, they might be wise to start with a bridge QB until the roster is fully overhauled.
[Reply]
Buns 02:32 PM 12-20-2017
If we lock it up against MIA, I really don't think it matters who starts bewteen Mahomes and Bray. If it's Mahomes, they better not bench the starting OL.

The inactives for Denver should include: Smith, Hill, Hunt, Houston, Hali, Johnson. Mahomes would appreciate Kelce and Peters plays to not get hurt anyways.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:40 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Coughlin loves him, brings serious resume, loaded roster... makes too much sense
I don't see the Giants getting rid of Eli yet. They will want him for one more year while the rookie learns.

As for Alex, he's going to be a Cleveland Brown. Dorsey has a mountain of draft capital, lots of cap space, Dorsey loves him and he will want to win right away while they develop a QB.

Browns will give up an early 2nd for Smith and that will be just fine.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:41 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by Buns:
If we lock it up against MIA, I really don't think it matters who starts bewteen Mahomes and Bray. If it's Mahomes, they better not bench the starting OL.

The inactives for Denver should include: Smith, Hill, Hunt, Houston, Hali, Johnson. Mahomes would appreciate Kelce and Peters plays to not get hurt anyways.
Why in the world would Bray start? I haven't read the back end of this thread, but that's a really poor suggestion not in the least bit grounded in reality.

Mahomes is the #2. He's been the only other QB out there aside from Smith to wear a Jersey on Sundays. That ALONE makes it obvious that they view him as the #2.

If Alex sits, Mahomes is starting. Period. End of discussion. No ifs and or buts.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:42 PM 12-20-2017

That's what's going to happen. I wouldn't expect Kelce to play though, too valuable. Also anyone who is playing hurt.

The starting OL will have to play, not enough to sit all of them anyways. Especially since Schwartz has that snap streak going, he won't want to sit I'm sure.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:53 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't see the Giants getting rid of Eli yet. They will want him for one more year while the rookie learns.

As for Alex, he's going to be a Cleveland Brown. Dorsey has a mountain of draft capital, lots of cap space, Dorsey loves him and he will want to win right away while they develop a QB.

Browns will give up an early 2nd for Smith and that will be just fine.
Just a guess, but I'm thinking the NYG burned their bridge with Manning... we'll see

Smith to the Browns just makes too much sense for a variety of reasons, an early 2nd would be just fine with me, and if Veach is slick enough... maybe get a 4th or even 5th out him as well, like Pesty said
[Reply]
Buns 02:53 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Why in the world would Bray start? I haven't read the back end of this thread, but that's a really poor suggestion not in the least bit grounded in reality.

Mahomes is the #2. He's been the only other QB out there aside from Smith to wear a Jersey on Sundays. That ALONE makes it obvious that they view him as the #2.

If Alex sits, Mahomes is starting. Period. End of discussion. No ifs and or buts.
IMO, Mahomes is the backup, because he gives us the best chance to win the game, if Smith goes out with an injury. As the backup, he gets scout team reps, is on the sidelines with the QB mic hearing the calls, he is full-on-training.

Are we going into DEN, locked up at #4, looking to win that game? Or are we resting the playmakers? Mahomes may only play this season due to injury. Or they may want to give him live action against a Top D unit. IDK, we don't really know.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:01 PM 12-20-2017
IMO, Mahomes is the backup, because he gives us the best chance to win the game, if Smith goes out with an injury. As the backup, he gets scout team reps, is on the sidelines with the QB mic hearing the calls, he is full-on-training.

Are we going into DEN, locked up at #4, looking to win that game? Or are we resting the playmakers? Mahomes may only play this season due to injury. Or they may want to give him live action against a Top D unit. IDK, we don't really know.
Why start Bray? You can't trade him. And what exactly is he going to show you against Denver that you don't already know?
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:16 PM 12-20-2017

Yes, yes we do know.

Mahomes is suitable to suit up and play against say, the Chargers with the division on the line, but not suitable for a meaningless game?

That's what you're trying to tell me right now. That doesn't make a lick of sense.
[Reply]
Page 552 of 2683
« First < 52452502542548549550551552 55355455555656260265210521552 > Last »
Up