ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>NFBT: Any guitarists out there?
nmt1 01:42 PM 03-05-2002
Hey guys:

Just starting out on the guitar and I'm wanting to buy an electric. I don't have much money and would like to find one that would be cheap and good for a beginner. I've seen some Fender and Ibanez guitars that aren't expensive. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
philfree 09:58 AM 06-16-2002
DaMook, For some reason I can't access the guitar tabs site anymore. If you would assist me one more time I would appreciate it greatly...Thanks man.....

PhilFree
[Reply]
DaMook 09:40 PM 06-16-2002
just type it in after the www. :

guitartabs.cc/home.php

anyone else now of any good free tab sites?
[Reply]
philfree 10:11 PM 06-16-2002
I found it Da Mook...thanks anyway....again......cool site
[Reply]
headsnap 09:39 AM 06-17-2002
for guitar tabs, use this as a jumping off point:
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/tab.html

for any musician though, Harmony Central is a great resource:
http://www.harmony-central.com/

check out their discussion boards, Planeteers will find it familiar.:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 11:36 AM 06-17-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by philfree
I'm no Guitarist....I can play a couple of bar chords and a riff or two but after about ten minutes I've exhuasted my repitiour. (sp)

My wife and daughter........they do spoil me..........for Fathers Day I just a got a Gibson Les Paul Epiphone and a Marshall Valvestate 2000 Amp.........Wow I still haven't gotten my jaw off the floor where it landed when they told me to open my eyes.......:-)

PhilFree:-)
~vows to learn to play pretty love songs for his wife~
Wow, that's incredible. What a great Father's Day present. The Epiphone is a cheaper version of a Les Paul but, still a very decent guitar, especially for a beginner. The Marshall Valvestate is a very good quality amp. I'm curious, is it a combo amp (meaning the amp and speakers in one single box) or is it a stack(amp head and speaker cabinet are separate units)? Either way, Marshall Valvestates have great sound and they are very durable. You lucky bastard.

BTW, since I already showed my amp, I might as well show you guys my guitar(my main ax) and effects processor.
Attached: gibson les paul special sl humbucker.jpg (8.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Lzen 11:39 AM 06-17-2002
My effects board.
Attached: rp2000.jpg (9.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Lzen 11:42 AM 06-17-2002
Here's a newer version of my old BC Rich, New Jersey Series Rich Bich. The headstock is different. Mine is more like the Warlock's headstock. Also, mine is purple.
Attached: bc rich rich bitch.jpg (14.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Lzen 11:44 AM 06-17-2002
Here's a Warlock. This is what my headstock on my Rich Bich looks like except for mine is a reversed headstock. For those that are new to guitars, that means the tuning keys are on the bottom.
Attached: bc rich warlock.jpg (46.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 11:22 AM 08-17-2002
Hey nmt1,

Just wanted to know how your guitar adventures were going. Are you taking lessons? Have you found some helpful books? What guitarists are you listening to for inspiration?

I got my first electric guitar last Thursday. Here's what it looks like. Since you got about 5 months on me, maybe you could tell me how to get off on the right start. I'm really enthusiastic about learning a new instrument. Plus, guitar isn' as hard on the family/neighbors as drums. :-)
[Reply]
DaMook 11:31 AM 08-17-2002
Just out of curiosity has anyone on here ever palyed a song at their own wedding? I am getting married on Sept. 7, and although I have pretty much decided to do it any feedback would be helpful.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:36 AM 08-17-2002
nmt and Chief Red Pants,

I teach some on the side-I've been playing for years (16 yrs, in fact) and I've done everything EXCEPT make a bunch of money and be famous. (LOL) I was playing lead guitar for Kristie Stremel until I left last March (sort of a Melissa Etheridge type).
Anyways:
I've been reading about the Line 6 Port-which looks to be a really useful learning tool that you can plug into your home computer and then plug your guitar into it. It walks you through, step by step, note by note for a lot of classic songs-even providing 'guitarless' tracks for you to jam with.
I thought it looked like a neat tool for learning. You might check it out.
Good luck, and good jammin'.
Chris
[Reply]
DaMook 12:00 PM 08-17-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by DaMook
Just out of curiosity has anyone on here ever palyed a song at their own wedding? I am getting married on Sept. 7, and although I have pretty much decided to do it any feedback would be helpful.
I really don't want to start a seperate thread about this, but would like some feedback. Has anyone done this or seen it done. My fiance wrote me a poem and I made it into a song, (dang good one if you ask me) anyway we are not having any soloists at the ceremony and so I thought after the unity candle. The officiant could say something like: "DaMook would now like to express his feelings for the future Mrs. DaMook in song".

Well?
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 04:04 PM 08-17-2002
that sounds very cool . . I say, do it!
[Reply]
nmt1 08:20 PM 08-18-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by DaMook

I really don't want to start a seperate thread about this, but would like some feedback. Has anyone done this or seen it done. My fiance wrote me a poem and I made it into a song, (dang good one if you ask me) anyway we are not having any soloists at the ceremony and so I thought after the unity candle. The officiant could say something like: "DaMook would now like to express his feelings for the future Mrs. DaMook in song".

Well?
DaMook:
Dude, your soon-to-be wife to be would probably melt right there. I think you should do it. Nothing like showing her your soul.

CRP:
I'm taking lessons at Mars. It's not cookie cutter lessons though. Most of the time I bring in a CD and my teacher tabs out the songs (or parts of songs) I'm interested in. Definitly try to learn what you like. It helps keep you motivated. I learned the first part of Flying In A Blue Dream by Joe Satriani out of a book called The Best of Joe Satriani. It's got about 9 or 10 songs tabbed out and comes with a CD that you can play along with if you can plug a CD player into your amp.
I learned Your Disease by Saliva early on. I can play just about the whole thing except the solo. Lots of power chords and just a couple of strings. I believe they play that one in drop C tuning. You can play it in drop D, it just sounds a little higher. I'd be happy to chat about playing, so send me smoke signals whenever.

Chris Meck:
I've seen and read about the Line 6 thing. It's either going to be my next purchase or a Christmas present(I probably won't be able to wait that long). I'm definitly intersted in playing on my PC.
[Reply]
nmt1 05:42 AM 08-19-2002
CRP:

Here's a link to the Satch book if you're interested.

The Best Of Joe Satriani

Sheetmusic.com
[Reply]
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up