ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 286
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:10 PM 03-02-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
McConaughey needs to win for Dallas Buyers Club. Hands down.
Told ya
[Reply]
ragedogg69 01:23 PM 03-03-2014
Lawrence has done some shitty roles in addition to her awesomeness. that is all I am saying.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:00 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Lawrence has done some shitty roles in addition to her awesomeness. that is all I am saying.
You mean like most actors who have had success?
[Reply]
-King- 08:55 PM 03-03-2014
Of course. That's how most careers start. Entertainment business or not. You don't get the greatest gigs when you start off.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:37 PM 03-03-2014
Her performances in Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle were very overrated IMO. She's very hot and a good actress but none of her performances that I've seen her in have been Oscar worthy IMO.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:56 AM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Her performances in Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle were very overrated IMO. She's very hot and a good actress but none of her performances that I've seen her in have been Oscar worthy IMO.
:-)
[Reply]
ragedogg69 09:49 AM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
Of course. That's how most careers start. Entertainment business or not. You don't get the greatest gigs when you start off.
Posted via Mobile Device
you have to admit, it is a bit of a head scratcher why she did House at the End of the Street and The Devil you Know after Hunger Games and Silver Linings Playbook.
[Reply]
Fish 09:49 AM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by BCD:
:-)
Facepalm if you want, but I totally agree. Silver Linings Playbook was a mess and her performance was weak and unconvincing. Her part in American Hustle was flat and forgettable, outdone and overshadowed by Amy Adams.
[Reply]
underEJ 10:48 AM 03-04-2014
you have to admit, it is a bit of a head scratcher why she did House at the End of the Street and The Devil you Know after Hunger Games and Silver Linings Playbook.
Contracts. Any actors first contract usually has a multi-picture obligation and if they hit big with something else with a ton of work left on the obligation meter, it is better to knock the shit out in a hurry. Those crap movies shoot in about 3 weeks and have very little required in terms of promotional needs to take up their now very valuable time. It is just a way for the people that gave the kid the break to reap some benefit of the stardom. Is it fair, maybe, maybe not.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:56 AM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Facepalm if you want, but I totally agree. Silver Linings Playbook was a mess and her performance was weak and unconvincing. Her part in American Hustle was flat and forgettable, outdone and overshadowed by Amy Adams.
I wouldn't go as far as call her performances weak but people fawn over Jennifer Lawrence like she's a young Meryl Streep. She's not.
[Reply]
-King- 12:04 PM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Its crazy that some people are actually mad she didn't win the supporting actress Oscar over Lupita Nyongo.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:46 PM 03-04-2014
HATES was filmed a couple of years before and finally released after she became a hit. The Devil You Know was filmed in 2005 and only released in 2013.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:26 PM 03-04-2014
Anybody that actually watched American Hustle and thought Lawrence deserved shit for her role is delusional.

I get that she's the "it" girl and I like her well enough, but there was nothing about her performance that suggested it was Oscar worthy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:01 PM 03-04-2014
Confession: I've never seen Jennifer Lawrence in anything, except X-Men. She seems wholly unremarkable.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:04 PM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by Douche Baggins:
Confession: I've never seen Jennifer Lawrence in anything, except X-Men. She seems wholly unremarkable.
Wow, really? You're missing some good movies, even if you're not seeing them for JLaw. Winter's Bone, American Hustle, Hunger Games 1 & 2, and Silver Linings Playbook are all good to excellent.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 286
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up