ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 175 of 286
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185225275 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
sully1983 10:26 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Is there something you can compare it to without spoiling it?

The general subject matter and the director [Sicario!!!] have me intrigued, but it's enough out of the mainstream where it could go anywhere [quality-wise AND plot-wise].
Hmm not sure really. Its basically a modern day western /murder/mystery on a Native American reservation . All I know it was really good and featured a crazy Mexican stand off that had my heart racing. Really intense film
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:49 PM 08-16-2017
I watched Collateral damage. That kind of movie normally isn't my thing but it was pretty good. Top notch acting out of everyone. Even Smith. Pretty intelligent film and did an awful lot of things right.

Will Smith said

Spoiler!

And it took me out of it. All those damned interviews he did about not doing for the kids and whatever that I thought were lame were now even MORE lame because he sold out the kids. Or whatever. Probably not that big of a deal but back in the 90s I was soooo tired of hearing about it.

So I am to presume then that
Spoiler!

[Reply]
-King- 05:11 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I watched Collateral damage. That kind of movie normally isn't my thing but it was pretty good. Top notch acting out of everyone. Even Smith. Pretty intelligent film and did an awful lot of things right.

Will Smith said

Spoiler!

And it took me out of it. All those damned interviews he did about not doing for the kids and whatever that I thought were lame were now even MORE lame because he sold out the kids. Or whatever. Probably not that big of a deal but back in the 90s I was soooo tired of hearing about it.

So I am to presume then that
Spoiler!
Will Smith has always cussed in movies. It's music where he doesn't cuss.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:51 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Will Smith has always cussed in movies. It's music where he doesn't cuss.
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe I'm wrong then. I don't know, it just took me out of it for a second.

Overall though, I have to give him props for the acting. It was really well done. And there wasn't even a moment of vintage Will Smith that he seems to work into every movie.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:44 PM 08-17-2017
My goodness, I can see how people would have liked Commando back when it was first released, but it is SO ****ing corny and campy. "Please don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired", "let off some steam, Bennett", soooooo many gratuitous Arnie muscle shots and some horrendous fight choreography. I feel like this is THE quintessential 80s action flick.

And John Matrix is superhuman, right? He ripped off a ****ing locked chain with his bare hands and is a literal one man army. He's probably killed 100 guys on-screen and hasn't so much as a scratch.

Oh, and the main baddie dude is wearing, like, some chain mail shirt and tight leather pants LOL and he's not even fit. I am not convinced this dude is lethal.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:51 PM 08-17-2017
I've still got to watch Conan, The Running Man, Last Action Hero and Eraser to finish up my classic Arnie binge. At this point I'd say:

Terminator 2=Predator=Total Recall>Terminator>True Lies>Commando
[Reply]
unlurking 10:53 PM 08-17-2017

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:02 PM 08-17-2017
I finally saw "Get Out" and I have to say it was very original. What did you guys think?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-18-2017
Saw Annabelle Creation last night. Really good flick....but can anyone explain the ending scene to me??
[Reply]
sully1983 06:47 PM 09-01-2017
can't wait for IT & Mother! September definitely looks promising . Also , there is the new Michael Keaton film called American Assassin that looks pretty entertaining .
[Reply]
-King- 08:44 PM 09-01-2017
Watched GoTG2 the other day. I liked the first one better but this one wasn't bad. Visuals are still great. Jokes are good even though they overdo them sometimes.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:14 PM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I finally saw "Get Out" and I have to say it was very original. What did you guys think?
I guess you have never seen The Skeleton Key.
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've still got to watch Conan, The Running Man, Last Action Hero and Eraser to finish up my classic Arnie binge. At this point I'd say:

Terminator 2=Predator=Total Recall>Terminator>True Lies>Commando
Man that's like my childhood right there.

Predator is probably number one for me, but total recall and running man are up there. True Lies was cool but kind of goofy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:53 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Man that's like my childhood right there.

Predator is probably number one for me, but total recall and running man are up there. True Lies was cool but kind of goofy.

He's got some serious classics, but most are dated as hell with the cheesy 80s action movie tropes.

If you love Arnie and haven't seen it, he has a movie called End of Days that came out around 1999 that was pretty good. Well, at least I remember it being pretty good back when I was a kid.

I'll probably re-watch that one along with the classics to see if it holds up. I'm taking my time though. Commando was kind of a disappointment.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:53 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:

I fucking loved it but as someone mentioned it had some similarities to The Skeleton Key and even The Stepford Wives.
[Reply]
Page 175 of 286
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185225275 > Last »
Up