ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 264
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:44 AM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Why Him? with Bryan Cranston and James Franco sucked but was worth a few laughs.

The Great Wall was.. ridiculous. In so many ways.

The Bye Bye Man was a shitty horror flick but actually more enjoyable than I thought it'd be so it's worth a look if you're a scary movie lover.

Dr Strange was awesome and much funnier than I expected.
Great Wall looked so bad, they couldn't string together :30 that didn't look terribad.

I missed Strange. I need to get it watched.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:36 PM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Great Wall looked so bad, they couldn't string together :30 that didn't look terribad.



I missed Strange. I need to get it watched.

It was so bad. Damon had this shitty Scottish or Irish accent for no apparent reason and the way they were waging war against these ridiculous monsters was so over the top. They legit had these chicks bungee jump off the Wall with spears lol it made absolutely no sense.

I had put Strange off in much the same way. I think I just assumed it'd be bad with the magic and what not but I was pleasantly surprised. Now I'm actually excited to see hot they incorporate him into the Infinity War.. I highly recommend it.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:32 AM 04-09-2017
Finally saw Kong. Freaking loved it. The chi is pretty amazing, he looks so real. But Jesus he is YUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE..... Already looking forward to the next one!
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:36 AM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It was so bad. Damon had this shitty Scottish or Irish accent for no apparent reason and the way they were waging war against these ridiculous monsters was so over the top. They legit had these chicks bungee jump off the Wall with spears lol it made absolutely no sense.

I had put Strange off in much the same way. I think I just assumed it'd be bad with the magic and what not but I was pleasantly surprised. Now I'm actually excited to see hot they incorporate him into the Infinity War.. I highly recommend it.
The first part of Strange dragged a little to me. Within like the first 20 minutes I was thinking to myself that this movie was going to take forever. Then I found myself at the end of the movie wondering why it was already over. It was a damn good movie in my eyes.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:27 PM 04-13-2017
Finally got around to watching Moonlight today.

I liked it.
Spoiler!


Could have used more Janelle Monae though :-)


[Reply]
Easy 6 02:21 PM 04-14-2017
Watched a very entertaining movie on Starz last night called "Blood Father", starring Mel Gibson as a down and out ex-con in search of his missing daughter

When he finds her all hell breaks loose, very good movie that I recommend you watch... its a perfect role for Gibson
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:35 AM 04-15-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Watched a very entertaining movie on Starz last night called "Blood Father", starring Mel Gibson as a down and out ex-con in search of his missing daughter

When he finds her all hell breaks loose, very good movie that I recommend you watch... its a perfect role for Gibson
GIMME BACK MY DAUGHTER
[Reply]
EPodolak 12:48 PM 04-15-2017
Saw "Land Of Mines" last week. Danish movie tells the true story of WWll German prisoners being forced to clear land mines from Danish beaches after the war. The Danes were bitter, portrayed them as Gestapo like.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:19 PM 04-17-2017
Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time today.

Age aside, it was enjoyable. For some reason I love Ford's screaming. That opening scene where he's running from the tribesmen screaming for the guy to start the engines makes me laugh.

Also, I had no idea it was about supernatural shit and mysticism. I saw Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and just thought maybe they were taking the franchise in a new direction. Are Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade the same?
[Reply]
Miles 12:02 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Also, I had no idea it was about supernatural shit and mysticism. I saw Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and just thought maybe they were taking the franchise in a new direction. Are Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade the same?
Yeah they both are and Last Crusade was the other great one. General complaints about Crystal Skull were diverting from theme to include fucking aliens and overall absuderty of many scenes.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:44 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by Miles:
Yeah they both are and Last Crusade was the other great one. General complaints about Crystal Skull were diverting from theme to include fucking aliens and overall absuderty of many scenes.

Like that refrigerator scene. Ugh.

I will say I actually enjoyed that film though. I can tell you it wasn't a good movie, but I did enjoy it. I think I just like the psuedo archaeologist/treasure hunter/adventurer vibes.

Thinking about it, I bet this franchise had a huge influence on the Tomb Raider series.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:45 AM 04-18-2017
my 6yo just discovered Indiana Jones a couple of weeks ago so we watched Raiders and Temple together. Fun movies.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:08 PM 04-19-2017
I didn't like Popstar when I saw it in theaters last summer but after watching it again it does have it's moments.

The CMZ scenes are gold.


[Reply]
unlurking 03:10 PM 04-21-2017


Originally Posted by :
Set in an alternate present-day where humans, orcs, elves, and fairies have been co-existing since the beginning of time. Bright is genre-bending action movie that follows two cops from very different backgrounds. Ward (Will Smith) and Jakoby (Joel Edgerton), embark on a routine patrol night and encounter a darkness that will ultimately alter the future and their world as they know it.
Has Will Smith fallen so low as to doing Netflix movies, or has Netflix risen so high as to start paying top dollar for actors?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:34 PM 04-21-2017
Netflix paid $90 million for that movie.

Don't you dare slander Will Smith's name like that!
[Reply]
Page 168 of 264
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218 > Last »
Up