ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 46
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The SNL Thread
Easy 6 08:51 PM 05-12-2007
I've been considering doing this for a while, so here goes. A thread to discuss anyone & anything relating to the show.

They keep a pretty tight lid on all images & apparently stay after youtube as well, so those kinds of things might be a 'lil hard to come by, but oh well.

Pretty much everyone here seems to be a fan of it on some level, so it might be kinda fun.

Its as close to Cant Miss Television as there is for me.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 11:55 AM 01-24-2010
I was just thinking the Waynes World, Austin Powers and Shrek. But I forgot Eddie Murphy was also in Shrek plus a ton other successful movies and stand up. It has to be Eddie Murphy hands down.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 12:03 PM 01-24-2010
Tough to beat this:

Film
Year Film Role Notes
1982 48 Hrs. Reggie Hammond
1983 Trading Places Billy Ray Valentine
1983 Eddie Murphy Delirious Himself Also Producer
1984 Best Defense Lieutenant T.M. Landry
Beverly Hills Cop Det. Axel Foley
1986 The Golden Child Chandler Jarrell
1987 Beverly Hills Cop II Det. Axel Foley
Eddie Murphy Raw Himself Also Producer
1988 Coming to America Prince Akeem/Clarence/Randy Watson/Saul
1989 Harlem Nights Quick (Real Name Vernest Brown) Also Director and Producer
1990 Another 48 Hrs. Reggie Hammond
1992 Boomerang Marcus Graham
The Distinguished Gentleman Thomas Jefferson Johnson
1994 Beverly Hills Cop III Det. Axel Foley
1995 Vampire in Brooklyn Maximillian/Preacher Pauly/Guido Also Producer
1996 The Nutty Professor Professor Sherman Klump/Buddy Love/
Lance Perkins/Cletus 'Papa' Klump/
Anna Pearl 'Mama' Jensen Klump/
Ida Mae 'Granny' Jensen/Ernie Klump, Sr. Also Producer
1997 Metro Insp. Scott Roper
1998 Mulan Mushu (voice)
Doctor Dolittle Dr. John Dolittle
Holy Man G
1999 Life Rayford "Ray" Gibson Also Producer
Bowfinger Kit Ramsey/Jeffernson 'Jiff' Ramsey
2000 Nutty Professor II: The Klumps Professor Sherman Klump/Buddy Love/
Lance Perkins/Cletus 'Papa' Klump/
Anna Pearl 'Mama' Jensen Klump/
Ida Mae 'Granny' Jensen/Ernie Klump Also Producer
2001 Shrek Donkey (voice)
Dr. Dolittle 2 Dr. John Dolittle
2002 Showtime Officer Trey Sellers
The Adventures of Pluto Nash Pluto Nash
I Spy Kelly Robinson
2003 Daddy Day Care Charles "Charlie" Hinton
The Haunted Mansion Jim Evers
2004 Shrek 2 Donkey (voice)
2006 Dreamgirls James 'Thunder' Early
2007 Norbit Norbit Rice/Rasputia Latimore-Rice/Mr. Wong Also Producer
Shrek the Third Donkey (voice)
2008 Meet Dave Starship Dave (Spacecraft), Captain
2009 Imagine That Evan Danielson
2010 A Thousand Words Post-production
Shrek Forever After Donkey (voice) Post-production
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:36 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie:
but I think the absolute best lineup the ever had was around 1989 when they had Phil Hartman,Dana Carvey,Jon Lovitz,Nora Dunn,Jan Hooks,Dennis Miller,Kevin Nealon and their BACKUP players were Chris Rock,Chris Farley,Mike Myers,and Adam Sandler. Holy crap!!!
That was the era, from like 1986 to 1994 when I wouldn't miss a moment.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea, that would be my favorite era.

An underrated guy that started in that era was Tim Meadows. He was actually one of the longest running guys on the show. Something like 9 or 10 years.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 02:10 PM 01-24-2010
I watched an episode a few nights ago, because I want so much to like SNL. It was the Charles Barkley one. The ONLY times I laughed were at the MacGruber sketches. Apparently they're making a movie from that so I guess they're ready to beat that into the ground.

This show was last really funny a few years after Will Ferrell joined. It got bad with him on it later, but at least he kept it afloat. Since he left, it has been adrift in a sea of lame. The weird part is, it is one of the most talented casts they've had in a while. The writing just sucks. Every sketch is one note and that note is, at best, mildly amusing.

Hey! Conan's out of work! Maybe he can go back to writing for the show and save it from itself!!!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:07 PM 02-21-2010
For those of you unfamilar, it looks like the 'Draft Betty' campaign is 'this close' to a reality. Better, bringing an all-star girly cast [Molly Shannon, Tina Fey] to help her shoulder the burden of a 90 minute live show.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/02/...ite/#more-6280
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:20 PM 02-21-2010
Good stuff...

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:22 PM 02-21-2010
One of my favorites of Steve Martin...

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:54 AM 03-13-2011
Jessie J. straight killed it.

It's like Katie Perry and Die Antwoord had a baby.
[Reply]
Delano 09:00 AM 03-13-2011
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Jessie J. straight killed it.
Those legs. Oh my God, those legs.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:57 AM 03-13-2011
Originally Posted by Delano:
Those legs. Oh my God, those legs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Epic enough to forgive this? :-)

[Reply]
Easy 6 10:32 AM 03-13-2011
Party in the USA, really? if theres an award for lameass song titles, this is the clear winner for 2011. She's about to find herself irrelevant... too crazy for the kiddies & too unsophisticated for adults.

But last nights episode was one of the best i've watched in a long time, 'Kings of Catchphrase Comedy' had me in absolute tears, especially the airhorn guy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:44 AM 03-13-2011
Originally Posted by scott free:
Party in the USA, really? if theres an award for lameass song titles, this is the clear winner for 2011. She's about to find herself irrelevant... too crazy for the kiddies & too unsophisticated for adults.

But last nights episode was one of the best i've watched in a long time, 'Kings of Catchphrase Comedy' had me in absolute tears, especially the airhorn guy.
I posted that, not about Miley, but referencing the fact that Jessie J. wrote it for her. She's writing for Britney too.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:50 AM 03-13-2011
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I posted that, not about Miley, but referencing the fact that Jessie J. wrote it for her. She's writing for Britney too.
I had no idea who Jesse J was until last night, but i definitely came away impressed with her skill & formidable stage presence. Still, Party in the USA is weak IMO.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:19 AM 03-13-2011
Originally Posted by scott free:
I had no idea who Jesse J was until last night, but i definitely came away impressed with her skill & formidable stage presence. Still, Party in the USA is weak IMO.
I'm starting to think that, when it comes to music, GB still has it all over the rest of us. Started with the Beatles, Who, Zep and Stones. Went quiet for a while, or at least competed on an even playing field. They never did get an epic contribution in LA Metal or Seattle sound. Then I noticed that I liked the modern pop of the likes of Pulp [though The Strokes and The Killers acquit themselves well there] more than most genres. But man, the women are killing it, Winehouse kicked it off but didn't really capitalize, but Duffy, Adele, Sharlene Spiteri, Lilly Allen.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:31 PM 03-19-2011
And Li'l Wayne is of worth.

- Eminem
[Reply]
Page 10 of 46
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up