ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Have NFL defenses fully adjusted to the RPO?
rabblerouser 08:30 AM 09-30-2022
Elements of this discussion are popping up in other threads, so let's discuss it in its own thread?

My opinion :

NFL defenses have caught up with the RPO.

Time for Patrick to really hone his pre-snap reads and start actually going through progressions based on those reads as opposed to reading the safety to determine man or zone and then doing everything else based on what the defense presents once the ball is snapped.

They know what we're doing and have adjusted.

Will Reid toss Bieniemy and go back to his WCO roots and press Mahomes to be even greater?

Or are we looking at another McCarthy-Rogers situation?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:04 AM 10-06-2022
I mentioned in the Pacheco thread I also think Pacheco is a better option out of shotgun. Watch his feet pre-handoff and before he hits his holes. He has really active feet which allow him to do a lot more things instantaneously including some misdirection. I know not all shotgun is RPO but there’s plenty of debate on whether shotgun limits some of what we can do. These types of things might at least help us with the running game.

Which brings up the next related question… I personally believe shotgun allows mahomes to be mahomes, but I also get the advantages of playing under center. Is there ever a point where we run more and more under center?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:14 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Which brings up the next related question… I personally believe shotgun allows mahomes to be mahomes, but I also get the advantages of playing under center. Is there ever a point where we run more and more under center?
Mahomes will always be Mahomes when the play breaks down, and THAT is when he's needed to 'don the Superman cape', so to speak.

I think we definitely are at the point where The Chiefs (Andy Reid) need to make a commitment to actually running the ball to counteract all the coverage-based defenses Mahomes is seeing. Bring them safeties up.

And that means both running more and operating from under center more.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:15 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So, it turns out it comes down to execution. Who'd have thought?
They had like 180 yards rushing, and a good portion of it was out of blue and brown formation with 22 personnel at times even.

Totally not the scattergun pass happy offense with no real plan of attack beside "Patrick make it work."
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up