ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 19
« First < 91516171819
Media Center>NFBT: Any guitarists out there?
nmt1 01:42 PM 03-05-2002
Hey guys:

Just starting out on the guitar and I'm wanting to buy an electric. I don't have much money and would like to find one that would be cheap and good for a beginner. I've seen some Fender and Ibanez guitars that aren't expensive. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:54 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I highly recommend Rocksmith. It makes learning FUN... which is the key, because you will keep coming back.

If you get it for PC (Through STEAM) there are databases out there which will allow you to download pretty much any song you would ever want.
Don't have an Xbox, but who knows, maybe it's the right time...
[Reply]
srvy 04:11 PM 12-28-2022
If you need to check tuning there are a lot of phone apps that will get you there. Boss or Fender I have used and seem fine.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:59 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
If you need to check tuning there are a lot of phone apps that will get you there. Boss or Fender I have used and seem fine.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
I downloaded "Guitar Tuner" and (I think) I got it right but can't be sure.

Either way, I suck at this guitar thing. I just need to spend more money, I'm sure that'll help. Perhaps hire a band!
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:34 AM 12-29-2022
yeah Ibanez makes great instruments for their price. One of my main basses that I use for jazz is a budget model bass.

I agree with the rocksmith thing, it's great for keeping you motivated and it does a really good job of ramping difficulty, like on guitar it will just have you play the root note of the chord and then slowly introduce more and more as you score higher.

Everyone sucks at first, but unless someone is a complete asshole no one cares if you suck. Plus if you're practicing you should be practicing things you suck at anyway.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:35 AM 12-29-2022
Also you can use rocksmith on PC, it just needs this special cable that goes from your guitar to your computer/xbox
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:41 AM 12-29-2022
Man I think I have a spare xbox 360, rocksmith and a cable....

I'll check.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:43 AM 12-29-2022
I'm pretty sure I have a spare cable also if you can't find yours
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:56 AM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
yeah Ibanez makes great instruments for their price. One of my main basses that I use for jazz is a budget model bass.

I agree with the rocksmith thing, it's great for keeping you motivated and it does a really good job of ramping difficulty, like on guitar it will just have you play the root note of the chord and then slowly introduce more and more as you score higher.

Everyone sucks at first, but unless someone is a complete asshole no one cares if you suck. Plus if you're practicing you should be practicing things you suck at anyway.
Right on. My first lesson is tonight. I'm excited for this new adventure.

Oh, and I've told my dogs they're assholes! :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:01 AM 12-29-2022
Also you can use rocksmith on PC, it just needs this special cable that goes from your guitar to your computer/xbox
I'm pretty sure I have a spare cable also if you can't find yours
Let me get through this first lesson and decide how to proceed. If it's fun, I'll keep going, if it's not what I thought it would be, I'll let you know.

Hell, I just looked at Craigslist and FB Marketplace and it looks like I can score an Xbox 360 for pretty cheap, so I might go that route too.

Thank you all for the help, tips, and encouragement, I'm hoping this turns out to be a fun as I have hoped.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:42 AM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Let me get through this first lesson and decide how to proceed. If it's fun, I'll keep going, if it's not what I thought it would be, I'll let you know.

Hell, I just looked at Craigslist and FB Marketplace and it looks like I can score an Xbox 360 for pretty cheap, so I might go that route too.

Thank you all for the help, tips, and encouragement, I'm hoping this turns out to be a fun as I have hoped.
Are you in KC? I could prob just give you an xbox 360 if you come get it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:51 AM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Are you in KC? I could prob just give you an xbox 360 if you come get it.
Lees Summit. And yeah, if I decide that this is going to be another passion, I might just take you up on that...

Hey, I've taught myself (lots of YouTube) how to do the E, A, D, C & G chords, I just really can't move between them without chasing the dogs up to the top floor.

And, like was said before, I don't want to do too much on my own because if don't want to have to unlearn any bad habits I might be doing.

Oh, and the C and G chords SUCK! And my pointer finger must have been a real sissy, it's kind of sore!
[Reply]
Page 19 of 19
« First < 91516171819
Up