ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 181 of 185
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
crispystl 03:26 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Frank Clark taught him that spin move. Those words straight from George’s mouth. Put some respect on his name.
It's true DJ. We all saw the tape.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:26 PM 09-25-2023
Anyone wanna talk about Mike Dana just pushing that G/C's shit in?

:-) I aint seen a bullrush that effective in a good minute. That shit was hilarious.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:27 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Frank Clark taught him that spin move. Those words straight from George’s mouth. Put some respect on his name.
Great. I still want back the team's $90 million he stole from us
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:38 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s so promising to see so many young players make strides under Cullen. Pretty much every single DL player is noticeably far better now than before he took over. This DL is going to be NASTY towards the end of the year and going forward.

You NEVER want to lose a guy like CJ95, but if we do end up trading him in the offseason, I have high hopes for the player they choose to replace him being coached by a guy that has proven to be able to bring the best out of his players.

My fear is losing Cullen to a team wanting him as their DC while also losing Jones to a trade.
Yup - I think this has to be a real concern at this point.

55 is old for a HC, but not a DC. Lots of teams like grizzled older DCs. And he has one year as a DC with Urban Meyer; not like he has some lengthy track record of failure.

Someone's going to hire him as a DC next season. He had some alcohol related strangeness in '05 and '06 (fired from Mississippi shortly after being hired; suspended for a couple weeks I think with Detroit) but that was 20 years ago now and I figure teams will probably be willing to look past it.

If the Chiefs stay at this level, and I think they will, I'll be surprised if they don't lose him. And before we get to 'well what Spags retires?' - I'm not a huge fan of that possibility either given that I think Spags coaches the shit out of DBs and I think he has developed some really good concepts and tendency breakers here in KC in his own right.

I think there may actually be some peter principle stuff with Cullen that we can't be sure of either way. But I know he's a HELL of a defensive line coach and I'd sure hate to lose him. He's a really good complement to Spags, IMO.
I just think it's pretty likely we will.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:49 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Anyone wanna talk about Mike Dana just pushing that G/C's shit in?

:-) I aint seen a bullrush that effective in a good minute. That shit was hilarious.
Danna has some kind of freakish strength ala Chris Jones that you just have to be born with.

He's 260 fucking pounds. :-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:56 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Danna has some kind of freakish strength ala Chris Jones that you just have to be born with.

He's 260 ****ing pounds. :-)
He’s also been in an NFL weight room for 4 years…..
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:02 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
So has Derrick Nnadi.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:03 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
So has Derrick Nnadi.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:09 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Please stop :-) they aren't going 18-1. This is why yiu guys lose your shit in close games thinking we're unbeatable and should blow everyone out.
Might want to try to find some receipts of me ever doing that before putting your foot in your mouth.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:13 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Scary thing for the rest of the league is he's largely doing this without playing next to Chris Jones yet. Didn't play week one and only 16 snaps in week 3.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:28 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Scary thing for the rest of the league is he's largely doing this without playing next to Chris Jones yet. Didn't play week one and only 16 snaps in week 3.
The scary thing for the rest of the league is Chris Jones has been doing this without playing next to George Karlaftis...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:29 PM 09-25-2023
And Omenihu is debuting in 4 games. Yeah, this is going to be an incredibly fun year for the defense.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:35 PM 09-25-2023
Once Omenihu gets in the lineup, at least 15-20% of George’s pressures will convert to sacks.

Watch
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:41 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
And Omenihu is debuting in 4 games. Yeah, this is going to be an incredibly fun year for the defense.
Fresh legs and no tape.

Perfect for us as the hard part of the schedule begins.

Tua ain't gonna know what's coming.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:44 PM 09-25-2023
:-) Spags and the boys threw this man into an existential crisis

Justin Fields after the Chiefs game: "I'm looking at it like the big picture, life in general to be honest with you. I think this past week has had me kind of look at it like: What are the important things in life?"
[Reply]
Page 181 of 185
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185 >
Up