« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:19 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nice rebuttal.

Where’s all this talent that Dorsey drafted on defense in Cleveland?

That list consist of Denzel Ward, who was a top 10 pick, and nothing else.

Nice try dipshit.
Is Veach your cuckhold or something? Guy is average at best and only got the job because hes the coaches buddy. Name 1 player Veach has drafted thats close to Kelce/Hill/Jones
[Reply]
Urc Burry 05:28 PM 09-29-2021
The Metcalf stuff is dumb. Yes I wish we would have taken him in hindsight. But he was a physical freak who couldn’t stop or turn. He had 1200 yards in his whole college career. It’s 1 in a 100 that he panned out

And Hardman was a panic pick with all that was going on with Tyreek. If you remember it wasn’t looking good for Tyreek ever playing again. Veach tried to go for the player who has a similar skill set
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05:28 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You know what I love about Chiefsplanet?

We lose a couple of games, and our GM is an idiot, and coach Reid is terrible, and all of these players are busts, and anyone who says otherwise is a dumbass.

Then we'll win a few games and all of that is forgotten and everyone never doubted the team for a second.

Forget "Overreaction" Planet. I'm thinking more "Manic/Depressive" Planet.

100% highs or 100% lows (mostly from the same people depending on what happened that week).:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 05:47 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'm going to have to disagree with at least the Texans game. 10 pressures and 3 sacks. That's some incredible production and absolutely played a massive role in that 49-7 run we had that game.
Also want to point out that Chris Jones did not play in that game so he didn’t exactly have someone taking up the attention from him
[Reply]
RunKC 05:50 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Is Veach your outstanding citizenhold or something? Guy is average at best and only got the job because hes the coaches buddy. Name 1 player Veach has drafted thats close to Kelce/Hill/Jones
So did Dorsey. He was a 22 year personnel guy who never got serious consideration until Andy went to KC.

And then he sucked ass and got fired twice lmao

Btw Andy was responsible for Kelce and Kareem dummy
[Reply]
staylor26 05:51 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Is Veach your outstanding citizenhold or something? Guy is average at best and only got the job because hes the coaches buddy. Name 1 player Veach has drafted thats close to Kelce/Hill/Jones
Kelce is the best player at his position.

Tyreek is arguably the best player at his position.

Jones is the 2nd best interior pass rusher in the league.

Veach has been here for 4 years, and has had 1 1st round pick, while picking at the end of every round.

Maybe give it some fucking time and he will, but if the bar is to draft a Kelce/Hill/Jones in his first 4 years as a GM, those are some very unrealistic expectations.

Sneed, Gay, Bolton, Thornhill, Smith, Humphrey, Niang etc. all have ridiculous upside. Just because they aren’t elite now, doesn’t mean that they won’t be after they’ve developed.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:08 PM 09-29-2021
Not necessarily staylor. Dorsey pulled it off in less than 4 years. They fired him cause he wore crew neck sweatshirts when everyone else had a suit on. You'll never change my mind on that.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:14 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Not necessarily staylor. Dorsey pulled it off in less than 4 years. They fired him cause he wore crew neck sweatshirts when everyone else had a suit on. You'll never change my mind on that.
Dorsey came to the Chiefs when they had the #1 overall pick in every fucking round.

Veach’s first draft was without a 1st round pick because of the Mahomes trade, and he has never even had a top 25 pick. He’s had exactly 1 1st round pick, and it was 32.

Veach’s first draft class hasn’t even finished year 4. Most of the young talent he’s drafted is in year 3 or less.

It’s also absurd to say Veach can’t find elite talent when we know for a fact that he found the best player on our team, and the best player this organization has and ever will have.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:17 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Also want to point out that Chris Jones did not play in that game so he didn’t exactly have someone taking up the attention from him
Jesus Christ I'd forgotten all about that. The saga of Chris Jones and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Basketball Game.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:19 PM 09-29-2021
Kelce, Hunt, Peters all problem children. Kelce got calmer with age( it took some time).
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:29 PM 09-29-2021
The fantasy that Veach deserves all the credit for Mahomes always makes me chuckle.

It's definitely never happened before in the real world where an organization fires someone and then gives his replacement all the credit while claiming the terminated individual actually wasn't responsible for most of what he accomplished.

I have no doubt that Veach scouted Mahomes but John Dorsey was the GM at the time and deserves the credit. I'm not interested in semantics.

The "Chiefs would never have drafted Mahomes without Brett Veach" narrative was shoved down our throats in an attempt to buy Bert some positive PR with the fanbase when we promoted an inexperienced guy to GM. I'm not naive enough to believe otherwise.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:35 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The fantasy that Veach deserves all the credit for Mahomes always makes me chuckle.

It's definitely never happened before in the real world where an organization fires someone and then gives his replacement all the credit while claiming the terminated individual actually wasn't responsible for most of what he accomplished.

I have no doubt that Veach scouted Mahomes but John Dorsey was the GM at the time and deserves the credit. I'm not interested in semantics.

The "Chiefs would never have drafted Mahomes without Brett Veach" narrative was shoved down our throats in an attempt to buy Bert some positive PR with the fanbase when we promoted an inexperienced guy to GM. I'm not naive enough to believe otherwise.
Nobody said he deserves “all the credit”. That’s a strawman if I’ve ever seen one.

Also, were those at Texas Tech also in on the propaganda campaign?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:36 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Absolutely something worth pointing out.

It's also worth saying that John Dorsey knew exactly where he had to be to bring Mahomes into the organization, a spot that nobody really expected him to have to get to. And as it turned out the team right behind where he landed would've taken him.

Meanwhile we've seen Veach get caught flat-footed on the Speaks and Hardman picks.

Veach did an excellent job scouting but the real "GM Work" in ensuring that PM was a member of the Chiefs was done by Dorsey and its impossible to overstate what an amazing job he did getting us where we needed to be.
We know Veach got Reid and Dorsey to buy in on Mahomes. That was legendary Veach-ian work acknowledged by all parties.

Why do you assume that it was all Dorsey who knew *exactly* where he needed to be to draft Mahomes? Veach was the one in contact with Mahomes' rep Chris Cabbot for 94 consecutive days before the draft.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...d-with-chiefs/
Originally Posted by :
Based on their intel, Cabott said they expected Mahomes would be taken shortly after the ninth pick. He described the lineup of the Bills, Saints, Browns and Cardinals at the 10th through 13th picks as the “hot corner” for Mahomes.
Veach is responsible for Mahomes. We won a Super Bowl because of Mahomes. We have potentially the greatest athlete of our generation in Kansas City because of Veach.

You want to pretend he should be evaluated because of Hardman and Speaks? Laughable. If Veach didn't exist, this franchise would've likely gone decades without another title.

It's not that Veach can do no wrong - he's absolutely had some misses - but the guy gets enormous credit because he's primarily responsible for the most franchise-altering decision in the modern NFL.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:37 PM 09-29-2021
Totally, bro. It's not like the story was corroborated by the agency that represents Mahomes or anything. We just made it up as a PR move to get rid of that dastardly Dorsey.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:06 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You know what I love about Chiefsplanet?

We lose a couple of games, and our GM is an idiot, and coach Reid is terrible, and all of these players are busts, and anyone who says otherwise is a dumbass.

Then we'll win a few games and all of that is forgotten and everyone never doubted the team for a second.
Hence why I highlighted earlier to someone else that wait till Creed or Trey has a bad game. It will happen and the responses will be predictable.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 112
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Up