ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 361
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
KC native 07:24 PM 05-30-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'm thinking of getting my headrests embroidered with the SCAT Pack Bee symbol. What say you?

That looks pretty cool.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:35 PM 05-30-2015
I like the embroidered headrests.

So what's your plan for keeping this car relatively clean with it being outside all the time? Did you decide on a car port cover thing?
[Reply]
hometeam 08:02 PM 05-30-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'm thinking of getting my headrests embroidered with the SCAT Pack Bee symbol. What say you?

Rice~
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:03 PM 05-30-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
That looks pretty cool.
This one looks too busy.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:35 AM 05-31-2015
Talk about modification of your new car. I don't like this. But, it won some award at a major car show this weekend.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:12 PM 05-31-2015
Bought a '15 TDI Jetta two weeks ago brand new off the lot.

Change oil light has come on twice. First time was supposedly caused by the switch to pop the hood triggering the change oil light on a car that had only driven 300 miles. Took three days to wait for the part and get the fault fixed.

90 miles later, the change oil light triggers again.

I feel like a fucking moron right now for going through this whole process. Drove three different trailblazer variants and none of them had an electrical problem such as this.

Motherfuck this shit.
[Reply]
stonedstooge 02:19 PM 05-31-2015
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:

Change oil light has come on twice. First time was supposedly caused by the switch to pop the hood triggering the change oil light on a car that had only driven 300 miles. Took three days to wait for the part and get the fault fixed.

I feel like a ****ing moron right now for going through this whole process. Drove three different trailblazer variants and none of them had an electrical problem such as this.

Mother**** this shit.
Welp, did you change the oil then?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:21 PM 05-31-2015
Originally Posted by stonedstooge:
Welp, did you change the oil then?
The oil doesn't need changing for another 3,000 miles.

It's an electrical issue on a new car.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:22 PM 05-31-2015

I feel like a fucking moron right now for going through this whole process. Drove three different trailblazer variants and none of them had an electrical problem such as this.

Motherfuck this shit.
I hate to be the bearer of bad-news but it's a Jetta.

Second, and while you can surely do what you want, it seems odd for someone who complains about what he makes, doesn't have a career and might be going back to school, to get a new car.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:26 PM 05-31-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I hate to be the bearer of bad-news but it's a Jetta.

Second, and while you can surely do what you want, it seems odd for someone who complains about what he makes, doesn't have a career and might be going back to school, to get a new car.
Lucked into enough money recently to make such a deal and traded in last vehicle for $2000ish under KBB and NADA values and for only $250 less than the private sale I had somewhat lined up.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:29 PM 05-31-2015
Lucked into enough money recently to make such a deal and traded in last vehicle for $2000ish under KBB and NADA values and for only $250 less than the private sale I had somewhat lined up.
Ok well good to hear on the financial aspect.

Before my wife and I got together, she had what was a 2 year old Jetta at the time and less than 30k miles on it. Her father is mechanically inclined and they had so many problems with that car that they didn't even keep it a year before they decided it was a hunk of shit and sold it. Too many stories from other Jetta owners like this exist. Not sure why you chose it?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:36 PM 05-31-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Ok well good to hear on the financial aspect.

Before my wife and I got together, she had what was a 2 year old Jetta at the time and less than 30k miles on it. Her father is mechanically inclined and they had so many problems with that car that they didn't even keep it a year before they decided it was a hunk of shit and sold it. Too many stories from other Jetta owners like this exist. Not sure why you chose it?
Someone who (ostensibly) knows more about cars and is an engineer (not automotive, however) said it would be worthwhile to get based on fuel economy and how TDIs hold a little bit value after putting miles on it.

I'm not mad at that guy; I'm fucking furious at myself because if I'm going to have everpresent issues with a car I could have bought a beater of a vehicle and had enough money to not worry about gasoline prices for a few years.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:43 PM 05-31-2015
Someone who (ostensibly) knows more about cars and is an engineer (not automotive, however) said it would be worthwhile to get based on fuel economy and how TDIs hold a little bit value after putting miles on it.

I'm not mad at that guy; I'm fucking furious at myself because if I'm going to have everpresent issues with a car I could have bought a beater of a vehicle and had enough money to not worry about gasoline prices for a few years.
Wait for Jason and his response. He knows way more about cars than me but from what I know about reliability, VW and especially the Jetta are pretty far down the list. And I've known quite a few Jetta owners and they are all fixing them more than any car we've had.

I'd have saved some of that money into savings and gotten a nice used ride with good MPG instead. Plenty of reliable options out there that are still fun to drive but meet reliability/fuel economy. You really don't need to be driving brand new cars these days unless you like paying for that luxury and have the economic means to do so.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:48 PM 05-31-2015
Great. I bought a shitty car and thought it was a good idea.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:50 PM 05-31-2015
I know a guy who has a Jetta tdi. Loves it, gets great gas mileage, runs good, always starts.

The only thing that works on the car is the drive train. Literally nothing else. No AC. Electrical, no radio, speedo, windows, nothing. He's an old country boy and has the drivers window where he can manually raise and lower. He's had the issues since it was under warranty intermittently. He said fuck it at some point.

He still kicks himself for being the good ole country boy who goin buy him one o them DIESEL CARS!!!
[Reply]
Page 61 of 361
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up