ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 94
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:53 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nope - played a very good game tonight.

The team badly needs a complementary rusher alongside Jones and when Clark plays like that guy, this defense can win football games.

Last night he was that guy. We got the effort we needed from him and he actually dominated reps. Ain't any arguing otherwise and no sense in trying.

He deserves a tip o' the cap for that game.
Mods, please lock this thread down.

It has served its purpose.

Everyone now bows to the altar of Frank Clark. We are all Clarkolytes.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:14 AM 01-30-2023
Dude showed up to Arrowhead yesterday in an Elanor Mustang fastback.

So cool.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:16 AM 01-30-2023
Dude definitely turns it up during the playoffs
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:26 AM 01-30-2023
Another underrated player was Mike Danna. He was getting pressure a lot as well
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:28 AM 01-30-2023
I think the wildest stat to me isn't just the fact that Clark is now #3 on the all time sack list.

It's that he's played 3 fewer playoff games than Reggie White (#5 on the list) and 5 fewer games than Suggs (#4 on the list). He's also played 4 fewer games than Bruce Smith (#2) and 2 fewer than McGinest (#1 on the list). I know there has been chafing from both Football and Baseball about these records cheapening as more teams get allowed in the playoffs, but this has been EARNED by Frank -- and that's amazing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:29 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Mods, please lock this thread down.

It has served its purpose.

Everyone now bows to the altar of Frank Clark. We are all Clarkolytes.
You made me sad with your rep.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:46 AM 01-30-2023
Guy really is just sandbagging it throughout the year lol

Credit where it's due, though. He really is a different player in the postseason.
[Reply]
loochy 09:51 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I know there has been chafing from both Football and Baseball about these records cheapening as more teams get allowed in the playoffs, but this has been EARNED by Frank -- and that's amazing.

Well he didn't really benefit from that, as he's played on badass teams that didn't really benefit from the cheapened rules...and he's played on teams that get first round byes. How many has he missed because of byes for the Chiefs? 3? How many for the Seahawks? I don't remember.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:54 AM 01-30-2023
I think the wildest stat to me isn't just the fact that Clark is now #3 on the all time sack list.

It's that he's played 3 fewer playoff games than Reggie White (#5 on the list) and 5 fewer games than Suggs (#4 on the list). He's also played 4 fewer games than Bruce Smith (#2) and 2 fewer than McGinest (#1 on the list). I know there has been chafing from both Football and Baseball about these records cheapening as more teams get allowed in the playoffs, but this has been EARNED by Frank -- and that's amazing.
god damn great stat

DJ's Left Butt is going to have to look at frank's name on the ring of honor for the rest of his life. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:55 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
god damn great stat

DJ's Left Butt is going to have to look at frank's name on the ring of honor for the rest of his life. :-)
Probably so.

But hey, I've said for years that I'd probably cull a full 1/3 of those guys from the Ring. So it is what it is.

I mean if Jack Steadman is up there, how important can it really be...
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:56 AM 01-30-2023
He give the best post season interview in the history of the NFL. And i heard he passed Reggie White in all time post season sacks too....
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:13 AM 01-30-2023
Is there a number that you would be okay with them bringing Clark back for the last year of his deal? Obviously his cap hit of $28 million isn't going to work. If he takes a pay cut, what would be palatable to have him on this team again?

Keep in mind, that I'm of the mindset of just cutting bait and moving on. I'd rather bring back Dunlap on another 1 year deal, plus signing Danna if we can.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:25 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by loochy:
Well he didn't really benefit from that, as he's played on badass teams that didn't really benefit from the cheapened rules...and he's played on teams that get first round byes. How many has he missed because of byes for the Chiefs? 3? How many for the Seahawks? I don't remember.
Clark is also playing in an era where D-lineman can't suplex the quarterback and QB's are allowed to wear yellow vests on gameday. Neil Smith lighting his cigar last night was just *chefs kiss*.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:31 AM 01-30-2023
Clark is also playing in an era where D-lineman can't suplex the quarterback and QB's are allowed to wear yellow vests on gameday. Neil Smith lighting his cigar last night was just *chefs kiss*.
This was the best moment postgame for me.

Seeing the old guard get to share in this, and the new players willingly embracing them, is what the Kingdom is all about.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:32 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Is there a number that you would be okay with them bringing Clark back for the last year of his deal? Obviously his cap hit of $28 million isn't going to work. If he takes a pay cut, what would be palatable to have him on this team again?

Keep in mind, that I'm of the mindset of just cutting bait and moving on. I'd rather bring back Dunlap on another 1 year deal, plus signing Danna if we can.
Unless keeping him prevents bringing in a younger longer term player keep renegotiating him for as long as he keeps bringing the Shark to the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 94
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Up