ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 352
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
BWillie 10:55 PM 12-18-2021
Mitch looked pretty solid in the 1st half. Its too bad Dave has regressed so much that Lightfoot may actually be better.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:37 AM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Thankfully, we're going to see a lot of the first half without McCormack after 2 early fouls
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Mitch looked pretty solid in the 1st half. Its too bad Dave has regressed so much that Lightfoot may actually be better.
He is the weakest big man I've ever seen in my life. Biggest dude on the floor and gets owned regularly by guys 2 inches shorter and 50 lbs. lighter. They need to put him on one of those Marvel actor regiments to put on some muscle.

I'm nominating him for this thread's pile on the crap player. He deserves it so far....
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:48 AM 12-19-2021
Everyone wants to see McCormack's minutes decrease, but, like it or not, he's a very important piece. Self is going to give him every opportunity because he knows that he needs him, even defensively. And he will likely turn it around eventually, like last year.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:15 AM 12-19-2021
McCormack's issues are mental, not physical. He does not have an aggressive mind set. It is obvious. A guy that big should want to out-physical defenders in the paint and dunk EVERYTHING. Instead, he fades and tries to hit jump shots 5 to 6 ft from the basket. Soft.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:38 AM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Everyone wants to see McCormack's minutes decrease, but, like it or not, he's a very important piece. Self is going to give him every opportunity because he knows that he needs him, even defensively. And he will likely turn it around eventually, like last year.
That's the perplexing thing. He did this SAME SHIT last year and then turned it on.

It's like bizzaro world. Most dudes feast on shit teams and then wither against better opponents. It's super weird.

I mean, it's possible he doesn't turn it on and last year was an aberration. I hope not, but it's possible.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:45 PM 12-19-2021
He's soft (which isn't going to change at this point) and he's got a really bad feel/mind for the game (which is also not changing either). The team does in fact need him, though, but not for scoring.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:05 PM 12-19-2021
Sure looks like I didn't miss much last night with this one. Jeesh
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:43 PM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Sure looks like I didn't miss much last night with this one. Jeesh
Looks like they trailed 3 times all game and never by more than one possession, but if you read this thread it was the worst effort ever by KU basketball and should never be spoken of again.

After seeing posts Thursday night about how the Chiefs are screwed at QB for years, I was waiting to read the fire Bill Self posts.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:55 PM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's soft (which isn't going to change at this point) and he's got a really bad feel/mind for the game (which is also not changing either). The team does in fact need him, though, but not for scoring.
But it did change though. He was far better in conference play than he was early. And it was all toughness/effort from my seat.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:18 PM 12-19-2021
Fumblllllllllllllll titans
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:20 PM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Fumblllllllllllllll titans
Uhhhh. Wrong thread LOL
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:21 PM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Uhhhh. Wrong thread LOL
Forgot i checked the KU thread :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:24 PM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
But it did change though. He was far better in conference play than he was early. And it was all toughness/effort from my seat.
That's true, but that change wasn't permanent. He needs to be this team's Landen Lucas instead of whatever he's trying to be right now.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:08 PM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That's true, but that change wasn't permanent. He needs to be this team's Landen Lucas instead of whatever he's trying to be right now.
Lucas is why I'll never discount Self's ability to get major mental growth from his bigs, Udoka as well, actually.
[Reply]
RustShack 05:31 PM 12-19-2021
I can’t wait to see how we stack up against Baylor(on ESPNU lol) Jan 1. And obviously my return trip to the Field House Jan 11. I’m still a little hesitant on expectations, but damn our defense should keep us in any game.

I also still can’t believe I bought Iowa State at Kansas tickets for ONLY $25 on Black Friday. I thought I got a deal a few years ago when I got them on sale for $84 my first trip there lol

Big12 is the best basketball conference right now, and it’s about to be better in a few years.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 352
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up