ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 120
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
bdj23 08:20 PM 04-25-2023
lol these guys are a bunch of clowns
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:59 PM 04-25-2023

The St. Louis Cardinals are now 9-15 through 24 games this season.

This is the worst 24-game start to a season for the Cardinals since 1973, when they went 5-19. pic.twitter.com/cFwuqJ9iSb

— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) April 26, 2023

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:42 AM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Still time to pick up a 50 pack of tickets for 50% off in honor of 50’s final season! /Mo
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:49 AM 04-26-2023
Willson Contreras is a worse game caller than a random number generator.

A backup catcher who can't hit fastballs, a reliever who can throw 100 mph - and we get beat throwing 4 straight breaking balls.

Contreras is a goddamn disaster behind the dish. I have no earthly idea why this team didn't make a move for Sean Murphy. I mean, apart from "Mo doesn't know who's any good on this team so he was scared to trade the wrong guy again..."

I really feel bad for Girsch and the pitching coach in all this. Because you KNOW they're taking the fall for it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:25 PM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Willson Contreras is a worse game caller than a random number generator.

A backup catcher who can't hit fastballs, a reliever who can throw 100 mph - and we get beat throwing 4 straight breaking balls.

Contreras is a goddamn disaster behind the dish. I have no earthly idea why this team didn't make a move for Sean Murphy. I mean, apart from "Mo doesn't know who's any good on this team so he was scared to trade the wrong guy again..."

I really feel bad for Girsch and the pitching coach in all this. Because you KNOW they're taking the fall for it.
I’d sure love for Mo to finally be held accountable but that’s not going to happen.

Do other teams managers call out their players by name? This seems to be happening a lot. Larissa was tell it like it is kind of manager but I don’t remember even his abrasive personality calling out players rehurally and publicly.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:51 PM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’d sure love for Mo to finally be held accountable but that’s not going to happen.

Do other teams managers call out their players by name? This seems to be happening a lot. Larissa was tell it like it is kind of manager but I don’t remember even his abrasive personality calling out players rehurally and publicly.
He feuded with Colby Rasmuss but I don't recall if he was ever blasting him in public
[Reply]
bdj23 12:53 PM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by :
I’d sure love for Mo to finally be held accountable but that’s not going to happen
Mo might suck as a GM but he's pretty good at hiring fall guys.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:57 PM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Mo might suck as a GM but he's pretty good at hiring fall guys.
Ollie might have to take that fall sooner than Mo had hoped.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:24 PM 04-26-2023
"The one thing I'd ask from our fan base right now is a little bit of patience, because we do think that we do have the talent to win."

- St. Louis Cardinals POBO John Mozeliak
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:29 PM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Ollie might have to take that fall sooner than Mo had hoped.
Bring in Molina. He turns it around? Hire the guy long term.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:45 PM 04-26-2023
All the Cardinals pitching solutions were dealt for Big Bear
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:18 PM 04-26-2023
"The one thing I'd ask from our fan base right now is a little bit of patience, because we do think that we do have the talent to win."

- St. Louis Cardinals POBO John Mozeliak
Fuck your mother, John.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 04-26-2023

By and large, LaRussa only returned fire.

He'd privately lay into guys here and there and if that guy took it public, LaRussa would respond in kind.

But I can't recall him ever firing the first salvos in a public forum. And when he did, it was always uphill. If he put someone on blast publicly, it would be the front office. And even then he wouldn't say "Man, my 2b sucks shit" it would be quite a bit more nuanced than that.

I will always maintain that's what got Shildt fired. He saw in Shildt someone that was going to eventually be willing to do what LaRussa had made an art form of - holding his organization publicly accountable. LaRussa had more organizational cache than Mozeliak and Moe wasn't going to let that happen again, so he fired Shildt before the possibility surfaced.

Because he's fucking awful at his job.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:24 PM 04-26-2023
Bring in Molina. He turns it around? Hire the guy long term.
Good lord no. How about they bring in someone who has actually coached at a high level for more than the WBC. Someone who values analytics but is not handcuffed by them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:28 PM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Good lord no. How about they bring in someone who has actually coached at a high level for more than the WBC. Someone who values analytics but is not handcuffed by them.
We had a great one.

We fired him so we could bring the organization into alignment.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 120
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up