ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 949 of 3903
« First < 449849899939945946947948949 950951952953959999104914491949 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 02:58 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
The hysteria never stops in here, good god.
What hysteria do you see here? Please point out some examples.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:59 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
1st reported coronavirus death of an active duty soldier occurred on Saturday. Reported publicly today.
———————————————————-
'Sailors do not need to die': Captain of aircraft carrier hit by coronavirus outbreak begs Navy for more help

The commanding officer of the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, which was forced into port in Guam due to a coronavirus outbreak, wrote a letter to the Navy on Monday warning that the "the spread of the disease is ongoing and accelerating."

"Sailors do not need to die. If we do not act now, we are failing to properly take care of our most trusted asset — our Sailors," Capt. Brett Crozier, the carrier's CO, wrote in the letter exclusively obtained by The San Francisco Chronicle.

https://www.businessinsider.com/uss-...rus-2020-3?amp
I didn't click on the link, but I assume there was a death on this ship?

I wonder how it got on there in the first place?
[Reply]
Mecca 03:00 PM 03-31-2020

4000 people are on that ship and apparently a bunch of them have it, on a ship like that people fly in and out all the time, it's an aircraft carrier so they aren't isolated.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:00 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What hysteria do you see here? Please point out some examples.
I think he is referring to the Michael Jordan debate from earlier this afternoon.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:01 PM 03-31-2020
It's a line many New Yorkers know well: "if you cannot fit on this train, there is another right behind."

Many straphangers, having had the wool pulled over their eyes before, aren't keen to take the conductors' advice. Soon, however, they may not have a choice.

Police officers will begin enforcing social distancing on subways this week, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday, despite complaints from essential workers that their usual trains have been packed following coronavirus-induced service cuts.

"I understand people are trying to get somewhere, but no one should be getting on a crowded train," the mayor told local station NY1. "Spread out throughout the train, wait for the next train.

"The PD's going to go out there, if they see any overcrowding, they're going to literally split it up, pull people off the train, move them along to different cars, whatever it takes."

On top of service cuts that have been deemed "essential service" for restaurant workers,
healthcare professionals and others who must commute during the "New York on Pause" issued by the governor earlier in March, many lines have seen even less service thanks to limited availability of train crews.

"We are running as many trains as possible with the crews we have available," the Metropolitan Transit Authority said in service alerts Monday.
Wait...what? Restaurant workers have been deemed "essential"? They were the first things to close down here...
[Reply]
Mecca 03:03 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Wait...what? Restaurant workers have been deemed "essential"? They were the first things to close down here...
Dining rooms closed but take out and drive thrus are open.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:03 PM 03-31-2020
None of your restaurants are offering carry out service?
[Reply]
Donger 03:04 PM 03-31-2020

No deaths yet. COD maybe? Port call(s)? I read that orders were given that ships had to stay at sea for 14 days after any port call.
[Reply]
Donger 03:04 PM 03-31-2020
I think he is referring to the Michael Jordan debate from earlier this afternoon.
Was that all the NBA stuff that I ignored?
[Reply]
loochy 03:05 PM 03-31-2020
:-) and such....to do takeout
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:05 PM 03-31-2020
No deaths yet. COD maybe? Port call(s)? I read that orders were given that ships had to stay at sea for 14 days after any port call.
Huh?

Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
1st reported coronavirus death of an active duty soldier occurred on Saturday. Reported publicly today.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:06 PM 03-31-2020

Originally Posted by Mecca:
4000 people are on that ship and apparently a bunch of them have it, on a ship like that people fly in and out all the time, it's an aircraft carrier so they aren't isolated.
just like all our naval strike ships. They always have “stuff” coming into the ships, even at sea. Ive never served on an aircraft carrier, but have been in one. You think cruise ships pack people in like sardines, these Navy ships, I bet a virus would spread like wildfire in no time.

Bet this is the first of many ships that will have outbreaks. Just common sense. You can only take so many precautions and still be battle ready.

Maybe some Navy vets could tell us their experience or opinions?
[Reply]
Donger 03:07 PM 03-31-2020
Huh?
No deaths yet on the Roosevelt. Carriers don't have soldiers.
[Reply]
Donger 03:08 PM 03-31-2020
The outbreak seems to be escalating rapidly. A week ago the Pentagon confirmed three sailors on the Roosevelt had tested positive and that number had risen to 25 two days later. Since then the number of cases has almost tripled. On Monday, a US defense official told CNN that a second US aircraft carrier, the USS Ronald Reagan, is also facing a "handful" of positive cases.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:08 PM 03-31-2020
Huh?
he’s not got updated info?

First U.S. military service member dies from coronavirus

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN21I01Z
[Reply]
Page 949 of 3903
« First < 449849899939945946947948949 950951952953959999104914491949 > Last »
Up