ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 56
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:44 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
It makes him the guy that was so busy impersonating a ****ing fence post, he couldn't be bothered to stop Arden Key from damn near breaking Patrick's ankle.

He put the whole run in jeopardy because he ****ing sucks against anyone with any kind of speed.

Brown thinks he's Trent Williams. He's not. He's 320 pounds of chewed ****ing bubblegum suited to run block at right tackle, not pass protect for the face of the NFL at LT.

**** outta here.

Go get yourself one of his stupid ****ing 0 sacks shirts and use it as your new jizz rag fapping to highlights of Brown getting his ****ing doors blown off.

Good riddance. Joe Burrow is gonna miss some games to injury because of this mother ****er right here.

He did us a massive solid going to the Bungles
You're the worst poster on here and that's saying something. Trent Williams got him ass absolutely handed to him by Frank Shart.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:49 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Pants:
Would you have preferred the Chiefs caving to OBJr and giving him $25 million per year?

What's your actual stance on OBJr? "He's not as bad as some CP posters make him out to be?" Wow, incredible take.
No, but he signed for less than what we just signed a guy for that's never even played LT. I'd have taken Brown at his Bengals contract in a heartbeat. I trust this front office and like Jawan's upside at LT, but he could easily be worse than OBJ. Also wasn't last year Taylor's first good season?

OBJ is a top 10 LT in the league. Jawan Taylor is going to get really tested in this offense with Mahomes dropping back to far and the fact that we throw an insane amount more than we pass. It's not an easy offense for OTs and doesn't help them out one bit.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 11:54 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
No, but he signed for less than what we just signed a guy for that's never even played LT. I'd have taken Brown at his Bengals contract in a heartbeat. I trust this front office and like Jawan's upside at LT, but he could easily be worse than OBJ. Also wasn't last year Taylor's first good season?

OBJ is a top 10 LT in the league. Jawan Taylor is going to get really tested in this offense with Mahomes dropping back to far and the fact that we throw an insane amount more than we pass. It's not an easy offense for OTs and doesn't help them out one bit.
I think everyone here would have taken Brown for the price that Cincy paid.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:59 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Pants:
He didn't cost them "so little." He cost them close to his actual value.

He's an improvement over what the Bengals had but he's also a poison pill on that line.

The only thing that's making this entire situation not quite perfect is that we probably overpaid for Taylor a little.
The other thing making this not perfect is we don't have a speed rusher to take advantage of Brown (yet).
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:00 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
I think everyone here would have taken Brown for the price that Cincy paid.
Oh no, not so fast I didn’t want him back at any price I don’t like players that have a fatal flaw even if they’re good otherwise which is exactly why I knew Alex Smith had to go because his fatal flaw was running away from imaginary pressure without looking downfield to see who is open
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:03 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The other thing making this not perfect is we don't have a speed rusher to take advantage of Brown (yet).
Meh. We're probably draft someone quick enough. But we also have both Gay and Sneed. Spags is going to send them anyway, and of course Spags will send them on Brown's side. Not worried about being able to beat OBJ.
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:08 AM 03-16-2023
If the bunghole fans think they got a steal with this deal, they are in for a rude awakening. The guy stunk for most of last season, in a contract year no less. Do you really believe all of the sudden he will be more motivated to play and give it his all in this shitty contract he signed?
Do you think Veach, the goat GM of this league, would so easily just move on from him if he had so much value? He wasn't even franchise tagged. LOL.
[Reply]
xztop123 01:05 AM 03-16-2023
Yeah taylor does a lot for our screen game
[Reply]
JPH83 01:12 AM 03-16-2023
Incredibly annoying. It's a very good deal for the Bengals, and they luck into it because Brown was a dumb, greedy f***. Paying more for Taylor, we were done on this, and it pisses me off that the Bungles benefit. Now I REALLY want a speed rusher to abuse this prick.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:51 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
We’re just letting people sign elsewhere, left and right. I’m not even upset or concerned about it. We could have kept any of them, but we’re just purposefully not. Again, at this point I completely trust this franchise. It’s just really interesting.
10 selections in this year's draft
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:58 AM 03-16-2023
It all comes down to Taylor. If he can pass protect at the level he did at RT then we actually still come out as big winners. Unfortunately so did CIN.

KC Vs. CIN rivalry will be red hot. No bulletin board material necessary.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:04 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Incredibly annoying. It's a very good deal for the Bengals, and they luck into it because Brown was a dumb, greedy f***. Paying more for Taylor, we were done on this, and it pisses me off that the Bungles benefit. Now I REALLY want a speed rusher to abuse this prick.

I don't think it's that good of a deal for the Bengals. Brown is a run blocking LT but Burrow doesn't have near the pocket awareness and escape ability that Patrick Mahomes II has. Therefore he will be a sitting duck with Orlando Brown protecting him. Patrick did more good for Orlando Brown to keep him from giving up so many sacks. If Blake Vangard doesn't see value in bringing back Orlando Brown II then it's not that big of a deal.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:36 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I don't think it's that good of a deal for the Bengals. Brown is a run blocking LT but Burrow doesn't have near the pocket awareness and escape ability that Patrick Mahomes II has. Therefore he will be a sitting duck with Orlando Brown protecting him. Patrick did more good for Orlando Brown to keep him from giving up so many sacks. If Blake Vangard doesn't see value in bringing back Orlando Brown II then it's not that big of a deal.
Depends, do you believe Karlaftis will dominate OBJ or the other way around?
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:45 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It all comes down to Taylor. If he can pass protect at the level he did at RT then we actually still come out as big winners. Unfortunately so did CIN.

KC Vs. CIN rivalry will be red hot. No bulletin board material necessary.
Bungholes lost their two starting safeties, their starting tight end and one can argue their better running back who was used heavily last year in pass blocking schemes.
The loss of Bell and Bates are particularly significant. You don't just replace that through the draft. Especially this draft that lacks depth at the safety position.
Bungholes defense as it stands is very much weaker than the one we faced last season.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:00 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Bungholes lost their two starting safeties, their starting tight end and one can argue their better running back who was used heavily last year in pass blocking schemes.
The loss of Bell and Bates are particularly significant. You don't just replace that through the draft. Especially this draft that lacks depth at the safety position.
Bungholes defense as it stands is very much weaker than the one we faced last season.
Yeah, but it's still the safety position which isn't nearly as big of a deal as having a solid LT. Orlando is a really big signing for them and at far cheaper than anybody expected.

The Bengals better.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 56
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up