ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 152
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Raiders suck thread****
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 07-26-2019
So much fail in that franchise they need an official thread like the Donkeys.

Let's get it going.

Raiders WR Antonio Brown has been placed on the non-football injury list to begin camp, per source

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:48 AM 11-16-2022
The league owns a 107.0 passer rating vs the Raiders this season.

For context, Patrick Mahomes is the NFL’s all-time leader, at 105.8.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:49 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You’re my boy C4MVP, and I thought we were already supposed to have had drinks at this point. But this is the Alex Smith excuse. Carr just isn’t that guy. It’s time to move on. Draft a stud quarterback, finish 2nd in the division instead of 4th. A wild card is always better than no playoffs.
Man, I am trying to get down to Florida. This past two years have not been going to plan. Life has been a harsh mistress.

I actually think the team moves on. Just wish I could see a top 20 defense someday. I ask for so little.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:19 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
David Carr still probably thinks this team is super bowl bound
7 losses is done, right?

Even if the Faid win out, I don't think you make the playoffs with 7 losses this year.

Dolphins, Jets, Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, Titans are all 6-3 or better. That's 6 teams right off the jump that I think manage 11-6 or better. I think a 7 loss team might get in with that last playoff spot, but you'd need a fair amount of tiebreakers. With 5 losses already to AFC teams, I think they're shot even if they win out.

And you bet your ass I'll be rooting for them in every game that isn't against the Chiefs at this point. Seeing their season circle the drain by week 10 only to STILL get a shitty draft pick would just be glorious.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:10 PM 11-16-2022
Report: The reason the #Raiders won't fire Josh McDaniels is financial - "They don't have the money to fire him."

The team is "cash poor" and can't afford to fire McDaniels and then pay another coach, according to
@BillPlaschke

"He'll be the coach this year and next year."
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:11 PM 11-16-2022
They just paid for Gruden. Josh is not getting fired.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:45 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Report: The reason the #Raiders won't fire Josh McDaniels is financial - "They don't have the money to fire him."

The team is "cash poor" and can't afford to fire McDaniels and then pay another coach, according to
@BillPlaschke

They've been cash poor for years.

I'm betting it impacts how they have to structure contracts since the escrow rules require large cash payments for future guarantees. It may well be why trading for an older elite WR in Adams was more appealing to them - they weren't going to have to make escrow payments on 4-5 years with of commitments.

The cap is a LOT easier to deal with if you can write large checks here and there.
[Reply]
frozenchief 01:47 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:

@BillPlaschke

This is the most Raider thing I have ever seen. In a way, it's worse than the Russell Wilson contract because coach salaries don't count against the salary cap and we're talking about a few million here. Yes, a few million would tremendously impact my life. But look how much money the Hunts have. Or Jerry Jones or Stan Kroenke or Whats-His-Face Walton, the Broncos new owner. They all have enough green that they could fire McDaniels if they thought it best. But not the Raiders. Bad enough they fire a coach that was actually doing something and that the players wanted so they could hire someone with a proven record of losing. No, they have to put themselves in a financial bind so they can't fix their own mistake.

Classic.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:49 PM 11-16-2022
Here's where the report is coming from.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:01 PM 11-16-2022
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:22 PM 11-16-2022
Having 2 of my most hated teams implode at the same time does my old heart good
[Reply]
Brody Wa 02:33 PM 11-16-2022
This is very good news. Not on par with Marcus Allen playing for the Chiefs type of news but it’s still very good news.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:23 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They've been cash poor for years.

I'm betting it impacts how they have to structure contracts since the escrow rules require large cash payments for future guarantees. It may well be why trading for an older elite WR in Adams was more appealing to them - they weren't going to have to make escrow payments on 4-5 years with of commitments.

The cap is a LOT easier to deal with if you can write large checks here and there.
That’s exactly the reason they couldn’t/wouldn’t sign Mack. Didn’t have enough cash for the escrow.
[Reply]
the steam 06:42 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Reminds me of the media saying Chip Kelly was gonna take over the NFL after like 3 or 4 games
[Reply]
frozenchief 08:49 PM 11-16-2022
This might have been posted earlier. If it is, feel free to skip this. Send me a PM and I’ll refund the money I charged you to read this.

Mike Sando of the Athletic posted an incredible statistic:

The Raiders are one of 5 teams to have led by 17 points in four or more games this year. The rest of the league is 49-3-1 in that situation. The Raiders are 1-3. A .250 winning percentage when the rest of the league has a .9245 winning percentage.

Tashan Reed analyzes the various reasons why the Raiders really suck this year, and ironically, not having enough cash to buy out a shitty coach is not in the list:

https://theathletic.com/3898492/2022...h-mcdaniels-2/
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:09 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
Reminds me of the media saying Chip Kelly was gonna take over the NFL after like 3 or 4 games
Dude looks like he smells like rotting lunch meat.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 152
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Up