ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 422 of 435
« First < 322372412418419420421422 423424425426432 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:10 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Frank Clark and Sammy Watkins, two of the greatest playoff performers in franchise history, DIDN'T WORK OUT? :-)

The Return of The Shark is making DJLN eat stupid pills.
Sammy Watkins was making #1 receiver money to average less than 600 yards/season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:14 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sammy Watkins was making #1 receiver money to average less than 600 yards/season.
If you'd like, I can show you a lot of players who earned their regular season pay and disappeared in the playoffs.
[Reply]
O.city 03:15 PM 10-16-2023
If you'd like, I can show you a lot of players who earned their regular season pay and disappeared in the playoffs.
I'd say for that money, you need both?
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 03:17 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So did James Winchester, Khalen Saunders and Nick Allegretti.

Stupid argument is stupid.
Um, I don't remember any of those guys making big plays in the championship games. You are smoking crack through your ass
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:18 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Um, I don't remember any of those guys making big plays in the championship games. You are smoking crack through your ass
Saunders made one of the more important plays of the game in the Super Bowl.

But you didn't know Frank Clark was playing in Denver. So there's that...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:20 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Frank Clark and Sammy Watkins brought us championships, period.

The signings worked out.

Maybe it was like paying $100 for a steak at Plaza III you could have at home for $25, but if you got road head on the way home, was it worth it?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:21 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Correct.

Asking for more than 4 good playoff games from Frank Clark for $77 million is pretty reasonable.

Asking for more that 3 good playoff plays from Sammy Watkins for $45 million seems fair as well.

These aren't plucky 3rd day picks, fellas.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:23 PM 10-16-2023
Frank Clark and Sammy Watkins brought us championships, period.

The signings worked out.

Maybe it was like paying $100 for a steak at Plaza III you could have at home for $25, but if you got road head on the way home, was it worth it?
Like I said - I'm just happy Brett Veach learned from his mistakes and isn't eager to engage in the post hoc nonsense you fellas are such a fan of.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:24 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
This was quite the annihilation. Bravo!
Yeah really great "annihilation"
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:27 PM 10-16-2023
Okay, team. New rule. Anybody can just do whatever the fuck they want in the regular season. It doesn't matter, after all. You only have to show up in the playoffs and make a handful of big plays over a couple games.

So it has been decreed by Chiefs Kingdom that you are worth your mega millions contract if you just do that!
[Reply]
RunKC 03:29 PM 10-16-2023
Sammy was a good signing and I loved the structure. Didn't love bringing him back that last year but I digress.

He was a big player in us winning our first SB man. So was Frank. Goddamn man.

I don't get the "but we paid ___ amount!" Okay and? The vast majority of FA's are deals that never live up to the money. That's why these deals have lots of fluff money in them.

Acknowledge that the Chiefs won their 1st SB in 50 years and these guys were a part of it. What the hell else do you want?
[Reply]
O.city 03:36 PM 10-16-2023
537 yards and 2 TD's per year

They paid Sammy Watkins for that. But he had 1 big catch in the SB.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:38 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sammy was a good signing and I loved the structure. Didn't love bringing him back that last year but I digress.

He was a big player in us winning our first SB man. So was Frank. Goddamn man.

I don't get the "but we paid ___ amount!" Okay and? The vast majority of FA's are deals that never live up to the money. That's why these deals have lots of fluff money in them.

Acknowledge that the Chiefs won their 1st SB in 50 years and these guys were a part of it. What the hell else do you want?
A sober-eyed and realistic perspective on what those players actually did during their time here.

Frank Clark is a lazy drunk who coasted for 90% of his time here. And in the post-season he was decent - generously - in half his games.

Houston and the SB in 2020. And no, he wasn't some game-wrecking force in those games either as badly as you people want it to be so. My god, re-watch that Houston game, the games was OVER when he was out there scooping up coverage sacks. And in the SF game you're sitting here talking about post-season sacks from Chris Jones without acknowledging that he was an ANIMAL in that game. Far far FAR better than Clark. I mean it wasn't close.

2020 -- Cleveland. And he was very good in this game. Weirdly, the only game he didn't get a post-season sack in but I digress. He was everywhere.

2021 -- Pittsburgh. Also didn't get a post-season sack but he was solid. Against Buffalo he was lousy and against Cincy he played arguably the worst game I've seen from a DL in the post-season against an absolute shitshow of an OL. "BUT PLAYOFF FRANK!!!!"

2022 -- Cincy. Probably the only game he's played in his entire "Playoff Frank" run where I think he was instrumental to the outcome. Really a good game and we needed everything we got from everyone.

It's just hilarious to me that going way back to the first 6 weeks of his slapdick drunken horseshit here we had the usual Clark ball-washers saying "You guys only care about sacks!!!" and when I would point out "Uh, no, sacks are oftentimes a happy accident - I want to see X, Y and Z from him and maybe the sacks will come..." And now it's "But look at all his post-season sacks!!!"

I never ever EVER said Clark can/should be judged by his sacks. I said that when you were using the lack of sacks as some sort of shield. I'll say that now when you're using the post-season sacks as a sword.

Frank Clark was a bad football player - not an overpaid one, not an overrated one, but a flat fucking BAD one - for the overwhelming majority of his career here.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:40 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

This is a participation trophy bullshit mentality and you know it.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 03:46 PM 10-16-2023
Butterfly Effect.
[Reply]
Page 422 of 435
« First < 322372412418419420421422 423424425426432 > Last »
Up