ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe "Cool" and being elite? Yeah, no.
mr. tegu 05:54 PM 01-30-2023
I admit I realize I have been overestimating him like many others. He is quite good but elite he is not and he definitely hasn't earned his "cool" moniker. And I have heard multiple pundits now say, even after yesterday he is a better QB than Mahomes, but Mahomes is the better player. Talk about moving the goalposts to fit your narrative.

I will give him credit for the Brady comparison though as he has absolutely been carried by his defense and luck like Brady was in his earlier years in winning playoff games. But Burrow isn't as clutch as Brady was even back then.

And for those who think he is even close to Mahomes:

Burrow 0 times 30 point postseason games to Mahomes 8
300 yard games is 1 to 7
TD drives in fourth quarter is a whopping 0 to 14

Good old Nick Wright has more in the video but here is a picture with the most relevant part of Burrow's fourth quarter stats in the postseason. It's remarkable the Bengals have won any games honestly in the postseason.

Attached: Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 5.50.28 PM.png (95.2 KB) 
[Reply]
penguinz 07:01 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh dude, REERUN.

Alex Smith was never anywhere near Burrow.

You guys are really letting your Bengals hatred cloud any sort of judgement whatsoever.

You want to talk about Burrow not getting a ring, okay, that's a legit argument for not being in MAHOMES class, but you absolutely cannot claim that he's not an elite QB.

This is dumb.

Mahomes is legitimately in the discussion for the best to ever play and he's 27 years old.

This is totally skewing your ability to see anything around that with any objectivity.

The test is this-

If Mahomes did not exist, what QB would you want if you could take anyone in football?

Maybe you say Josh Allen. Maybe you say Burrow. But hardly anyone has another answer to that question.
You are not someone who should be calling another a retard. You sucked on CEH so much he probably has flowers sent to you on special occasions.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:16 PM 01-31-2023
The premise of this thread is incredibly ignorant and stupid.

Patrick Mahomes is unquestionably the #1 QB in the NFL, with a bullet.

Burrow, Allen and Herbert are behind him. In that order? Probably, though i'm not sold on Herbert in the postseason. Burrow and Allen are the only 2 that have a proven, realistic chance to legitimately chase him for hardware.

There is only 1 redeeming quality to the OP.

It shows who knows what a football is and who thinks a football is something that grows in your anus.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:29 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He's unquestionably elite.

He's unanimously top 3.

That's elite by any reasonable standard.

He has the best ball placement of any QB I've ever seen.
Elite? Yes
Top 3? Yes
The next Brady? TBD
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:34 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
You are not someone who should be calling another a reerun. You sucked on CEH so much he probably has flowers sent to you on special occasions.
You been saving that up for awhile, haven't you? So WITTY.

I admitted long ago that I misjudged Clyde.
I'm still waiting on the Josh Gordon break out game.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:43 PM 01-31-2023
Joe Burrow in games where he had a healthy, utterly average offensive line after playing 2 whole games together.

292/423 69% 3348 7.9 28/6 108.7 rating

Sacked 24 times in 12 games (NYJ through Tampa). 2 per game. This doesn't even include the Pats game, when Collins went down right before halftime, where he threw for 375 and 3 tds.

Burrow in 4 consecutive games without Ja'Marr Chase (all 4 within the previous set of games).

93/139 66.9% 1063 7.6 8/3 99.9 rating. One of those game the Bengals rushed 39 times for 241yards and 5 rushing TDs.

Oh, did i mention that he's the NFL's all time leader in completion percentage for a career? Holey mother of ****turds.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:46 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Elite? Yes
Top 3? Yes
The next Brady? TBD
Anyone who says the next Brady before Joe has played 10 years in the league, should be looked at with a raised eyebrow.

Character traits of Brady or Montana. Sure. On field performance will be quite a few years away though.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:46 PM 01-31-2023
If you compare Burrow's statline from the 2021 POs vs Jimmy G's it's honestly not that different.

However, I do think Burrow is one of the top 4 QBs in the league currently (Mahomes is in a league by himself) that is interchangeable with Allen/Herbert with guys like Hurts/Lamar just below them.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:52 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
If you compare Burrow's statline from the 2021 POs vs Jimmy G's it's honestly not that different.

However, I do think Burrow is one of the top 4 QBs in the league currently (Mahomes is in a league by himself) that is interchangeable with Allen/Herbert with guys like Hurts/Lamar just below them.
What is this obsession with calling Herbert a Top 5 QB? Burrow is clearly a better QB than Herbert.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:57 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
What is this obsession with calling Herbert a Top 5 QB? Burrow is clearly a better QB than Herbert.
Of the 3, Burrow has the best supporting cast with the worst OL.

Allen probably has the worst supporting cast of the 3. Herbert has the middle of the 2.

I think Herbert's handcuffed with a buffoon as HC.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:29 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Of the 3, Burrow has the best supporting cast with the worst OL.

Allen probably has the worst supporting cast of the 3. Herbert has the middle of the 2.

I think Herbert's handcuffed with a buffoon as HC.
Herbert had an opportunity to show what he is all about in the playoffs and watched Lawrence not only have one of the worst halves of playoff football ever, but also one of the biggest comebacks ever. I have never seen a QB get more love for doing less. Burrow does have more talent around him, but ask yourself if you had to pick one QB to lead your team in the SB if the talent surrounding them was the same who are you picking between the two?
[Reply]
teedubya 08:41 PM 01-31-2023
Burrow is clearly elite... and this team will be a challenge to play for years to come, as long as they can sign some of those other players.

If you don't think Burrow is elite and had you scared a bit going into that game after going 0-3 vs. him, well, you are just retarded.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:44 PM 01-31-2023
Josh Rivers is dropping down the QB list
[Reply]
Spott 08:44 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Burrow is clearly elite... and this team will be a challenge to play for years to come, as long as they can sign some of those other players.

If you don't think Burrow is elite and had you scared a bit going into that game after going 0-3 vs. him, well, you are just reeruned.
He is elite, which makes Sunday’s defensive performance against him look that much better. He had two chances to win that game in the fourth quarter and our D stopped him both times.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:01 PM 01-31-2023
I don't see how you can't say the guy isn't elite. I mean who would you put above him other than Mahomes?

He didn't have the best game last Sunday but the Bengals still barely lost. He was playing with a shit offensive line too.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:06 PM 01-31-2023
Had Matt Ryan reached elite status going into 2017?

Was Rivers ever elite?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up