ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 112
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 12:15 PM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Not for my money, they aren't.

But where KC will be drafting, you have a chance to find a stud in the 2nd, but you're going to have to suffer through drafting Skyy Moore. When you're panning for gold, you're going to find a lot of rocks.
My thing is, it's why I'm always for trading up or trading for guys.

We're just not gonna have alot of shots at blue chip dudes.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:42 AM 10-13-2023
Ok, we have 10 days til the Chargers come in here. Get this kid up and get him prepared. I'm ready for the Rice and Ross show.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:50 AM 10-13-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Ok, we have 10 days til the Chargers come in here. Get this kid up and get him prepared. I'm ready for the Rice and Ross show.
I honestly think our WR's woes go away if we start these two.

I know it wont be perfect, but I feel like Ross catch radius and Rice YAC are exactly what we are missing.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:50 AM 10-13-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
My thing is, it's why I'm always for trading up or trading for guys.

We're just not gonna have alot of shots at blue chip dudes.
I'm with you. If somehow Chris Jones isn't on the team next year, I really hope it's because they are acquiring draft capital to move up for an elite WR.
[Reply]
Womble 10:50 AM 10-13-2023
Every game we are hoping Andy gives the kid a proper chance. Every game we see Skyy Moore and MVS get the lions share of snaps and fail to make more than 2 catches. If not against a dogshit defense like Denver then when? Even with Watson out I doubt he'll get more than a couple of snaps.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:52 AM 10-13-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
Every game we are hoping Andy gives the kid a proper chance. Every game we see Skyy Moore and MVS get the lions share of snaps and fail to make more than 2 catches. If not against a dogshit defense like Denver then when? Even with Watson out I doubt he'll get more than a couple of snaps.
I need a bigger sample size. I just think Ross/Ross is worth a shot. Give those two 40 snaps together to see what we got.
[Reply]
KCJake 11:40 AM 10-13-2023
It does seem strange. Maybe Ross is doing something in practice that leads Reid to believe that he's not ready :-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:47 AM 10-13-2023
The Watson injury actually helps instead of hurts, IMO. It will force Reid and Co. to give Rice more snaps, it allows MVS to focus on the one thing he is above average in (deep routes), and it frees up snaps to get Ross on the field to see what he can do.

I believe the team comes out of the mini bye with a more set group of receivers with Toney, Rice, and MVS getting the bulk of the snaps and Moore and Ross getting snaps on special packages or when guys need a breather.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:58 AM 10-13-2023
Andy is reluctant to play rookies on offense. There is no other explanation.

Pacheco was clearly better and his snaps were few and far between until late in the season last year.

Kareem Hunt was the exception because vet RB went down with an injury not because Kareem out played him.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:58 AM 10-13-2023
Moore hasn’t shown anything. Then again neither have MVS and Toney really. If we’re going to give reps to players that are producing it should be Rice leaning into the number one position. After that I would prefer to see MVS/Toney because of their experience in the offense and then Ross and then Moore.

Had high hopes for Moore but for whatever reason it just isn’t working and we need to give Ross more of a shot. He can’t be any worse than the 2 catches and 10 yards Skyy gets each week.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:59 AM 10-13-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
The Watson injury actually helps instead of hurts, IMO. It will force Reid and Co. to give Rice more snaps, it allows MVS to focus on the one thing he is above average in (deep routes), and it frees up snaps to get Ross on the field to see what he can do.

I believe the team comes out of the mini bye with a more set group of receivers with Toney, Rice, and MVS getting the bulk of the snaps and Moore and Ross getting snaps on special packages or when guys need a breather.
I hope so.

But I'm skeptical Rice out snaps Moore this early in the season.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:30 PM 10-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I hope so.

But I'm skeptical Rice out snaps Moore this early in the season.
He doesn't need to and he'll still finish better in every statistical category.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:23 PM 10-14-2023
:-)

[Reply]
carcosa 06:26 PM 10-14-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

This is real. I saw it
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:33 PM 10-14-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
This I agree with. I hope Ross gets a really hard look as well. :-)
[Reply]
Page 110 of 112
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112 >
Up