ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 112
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:39 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Do you watch much football?

Not every receiver has the Tyreek Hill jets to just blow by guys.

Guys like Mike Evans, Tee Higgins-hell, even a lot of Jamarr Chase's catches are just that sort of play.

When you're 6'4" you don't need much room to go up and get it. There aren't many corners that can match that catch radius and go up and challenge that.

Didn't beat his man? Looks to me like he beat him for an 18 yard catch.
Only highlights on toosdays.

Who said that? Who said anything about Tyreek Hill?

Are you comparing Justyn Ross to Mike Evans, Tee Higgins or Jamarr Chase. He hasn't even established himself as Chase Claypool yet. Get a grip on your emotional bias.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:51 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Sir have heard of a man named Randy Moss?
I think so.

Isn't he the one who likes to run over cops?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:04 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Only highlights on toosdays.

Who said that? Who said anything about Tyreek Hill?

Are you comparing Justyn Ross to Mike Evans, Tee Higgins or Jamarr Chase. He hasn't even established himself as Chase Claypool yet. Get a grip on your emotional bias.
Uh, no, no I'm not.

I'm saying that guys like that win reps in that way. Big, tall, long WR's in that mold.

And I'm saying, hell, if he win that way, you can throw that all damned day long until they pull a safety over. And if they do THAT, then someone else is open.
[Reply]
Arch Stanton 06:02 PM 10-10-2023
Rice deserves a throw on the first play of every game, so he can get his drop and then get down to business.

Ross deserves more looks, due to the potential. Players like that seem to succeed for other teams, with way lesser quarterbacks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:27 PM 10-10-2023
Someone told me he was only in for 6 plays.

6 plays
4 targets

There were 2 drops but Mahomes must think he’s open if he throws balls his way 2/3 of the time.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:27 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
And he still didn't beat his man. He high pointed the ball over his head.
You just kind of making it up as you go sport?
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:19 PM 10-10-2023

He's at the top of the screen. Wide open on the play that Mahomes throws deep to Watson, but is a bit short.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:22 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
So you can't get good WR's after 30? You don't think an addition like Rice or trading for Toney does anything like that?

Seems you're pretty dug in on a narrative here.
You're moving the goalposts.

Of course you can get good WR's past #30. But not with Waddle's skill-set. There are lots of ways to win reps for WR but the blazing speed plus hands, plus route runners go high.

Don't be dense.

Yeah I'm pretty dug in on the realities of the salary cap and the notion of fielding a defense, too. Call me crazy.
[Reply]
TEX 07:29 PM 10-10-2023
One could argue that the ideal situation was to keep Hill and go find someone like Waddle so teams couldn't try to take it away (they didn't really, but they tried).
Yes. But Chiefs were going to try something that could also have worked very well when they wanted to pair JuJu with Hill. That was option #1. And I would have loved yo have seen it. But after Adams signed with the Raiders, Hill decided he wanted $30Mil, and things changed. But they were all in at $25Mil.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:20 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yes. But Chiefs were going to try something that could also have worked very well when they wanted to pair JuJu with Hill. That was option #1. And I would have loved yo have seen it. But after Adams signed with the Raiders, Hill decided he wanted $30Mil, and things changed. But they were all in at $25Mil.
Yeah, well, sure.

And we'd be complaining that Chris Jones was in Tennessee or something. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

It is what it is, move on, draft and develop the next group of stars.
[Reply]
TEX 07:57 PM 10-11-2023
Yeah, well, sure.

And we'd be complaining that Chris Jones was in Tennessee or something. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

It is what it is, move on, draft and develop the next group of stars.
Yea, well, sure and context matters... Read O city's statement and then read mine. We were simply duscussing types of WR's to build a team with. It was a surface discussion. Simple. No need to "move on" or anything, becauae it wasn't about that at all.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:54 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yea, well, sure and context matters... Read O city's statement and then read mine. We were simply duscussing types of WR's to build a team with. It was a surface discussion. Simple. No need to "move on" or anything, becauae it wasn't about that at all.
I did read it, and I responded to his post that a 'Waddle' type WR would either cost a high first, or a ton of money. And same with your post; keep Hill to pair with Juju, watch Jones walk.

And the TEAM moves on.

Who's not reading what?
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 PM 10-11-2023
You're moving the goalposts.

Of course you can get good WR's past #30. But not with Waddle's skill-set. There are lots of ways to win reps for WR but the blazing speed plus hands, plus route runners go high.

Don't be dense.

Yeah I'm pretty dug in on the realities of the salary cap and the notion of fielding a defense, too. Call me crazy.
So Waddles skill set can’t be found anywhere other than the top of the draft?

You always say the chiefs draft so well in all these rounds, why couldn’t they have drafted wrs to pair with hill for cheap?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:31 AM 10-12-2023
So Waddles skill set can’t be found anywhere other than the top of the draft?

You always say the chiefs draft so well in all these rounds, why couldn’t they have drafted wrs to pair with hill for cheap?
Not usually, no.

As for the second part of your post- well, they spent for Watkins in '18, so they needed to spend draft picks everywhere else.

I really don't understand why some of you guys just flat don't understand the equation.

If you're paying an elite QB, you have to go cheap in other places. You have to draft and develop. The salary cap is real, and you fudge it for a year maybe, but then you're going to have to have a few rough seasons like The Rams, for example.

The way The Chiefs are doing it, they're going to contend for Super Bowls every single year.

I doubt Veach strikes out on four swings at WR here. We can afford to be a little patient while they figure it out because our defense looks really good.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:02 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Someone told me he was only in for 6 plays.

6 plays
4 targets

There were 2 drops but Mahomes must think he’s open if he throws balls his way 2/3 of the time.
I think this is a significant development. If this sort of ratio continues, LOOK OUT.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 112
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112 >
Up