ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 240 of 256
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:04 PM 01-22-2024
I'll have to take a pic of it but there's an insanely good camp spot early game for PalWorld. Has a ton of Ore nearby, which is essential, and it's up on a plateau so you can create a choke point for raids.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:09 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
I'll have to take a pic of it but there's an insanely good camp spot early game for PalWorld. Has a ton of Ore nearby, which is essential, and it's up on a plateau so you can create a choke point for raids.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 01-22-2024
Essentially #2 but I like his spot better. Just don't have a flyer quite yet to really go out and explore.
[Reply]
Bump 07:01 PM 01-22-2024
the popularity of palworld, Ark is basically a cult classic, that scam game was the most wishlisted game on steam at the time, Rust is very popular, Conan had a solid playerbase.

People want this type of game, but companies seem scared to even try to make one.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:20 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
the popularity of palworld, Ark is basically a cult classic, that scam game was the most wishlisted game on steam at the time, Rust is very popular, Conan had a solid playerbase.

People want this type of game, but companies seem scared to even try to make one.
Well this type of game with twists that make it even more fun. Just farming or doing mundane tasks doesn't cut it for most. The amount of systems and complexity in Palworld works to an amazing degree. This small devteam is very overwhelmed right now, but I'm sure the millions they made in a few days more than makes up for it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:21 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Essentially #2 but I like his spot better. Just don't have a flyer quite yet to really go out and explore.
I don't have a flyer yet either but for future reference those are solid choices.

Just found a Vanwyrm lvl 14, saddle is pretty easy to get too. Not the fastest flyer but you can reach new heights!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:07 PM 01-22-2024

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:54 PM 01-24-2024

[Reply]
Frazod 01:06 PM 01-24-2024
Enshrouded download complete - I'm going in!

BTW, the price on this through Steam is under $30.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:13 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Enshrouded download complete - I'm going in!

BTW, the price on this through Steam is under $30.
Yup 10% off on Steam, lmk what you think of it. Seems more RPGish than most survival games which should be a huge plus.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:26 PM 01-24-2024

What a crazy success story, passionate and broke..small devteam from knowing nothing to mega success.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:03 AM 01-25-2024
Been playing Enshrouded for a few hours now - well, that and watching a bunch of YouTube stuff on how to fucking play it. Like most modern games of this type, it just tosses you in the deep end and laughs while you're drowning. Slowly getting the hang of it. I guess.

The good:

Overall it's fun. The best way I can think of to describe it is Skyrim meets Kingdom of Amular. Huge open world that I've barely scratched the surface of. Lots of shit to gather and craft. There are two fairly important aspects to it - one is a grappling device that allows you to climb stuff (I have that one) and a cape thing that allows you to glide from high spots like a giant flying squirrel (don't have that one yet). You have to progress through the story and gather the appropriate resources to be able to craft them.

The bad:

No difficulty setting. I can see this is being very annoying for old farts like me or masochists who want the game to beat the shit out of them. Also, and this is really pissing me off, no quicksave. If you die, you respawn back at your base, and have to slog back to where you got whacked to recover any loot you didn't already have with you. I HATE THAT. I REALLY FUCKING HATE THAT. The game has also has a very annoying tendency to just pop opponents out of the ether which then immediately attack you, and at least in this stage of the game, it only takes a few hits to kill you. Very frustrating. Also, the grappling thing is very twitchy, and you can only use it in very limited spots. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just doesn't.

I'm not sure if the game is completely finished yet; that may explain the low price. If this is the case, I certainly hope they tweak some of the most annoying aspects of it. But it may just be what it is.

Overall I'm enjoying it, but not as much as I'd hoped.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:39 AM 01-25-2024
Been playing Enshrouded for a few hours now - well, that and watching a bunch of YouTube stuff on how to fucking play it. Like most modern games of this type, it just tosses you in the deep end and laughs while you're drowning. Slowly getting the hang of it. I guess.

The good:

Overall it's fun. The best way I can think of to describe it is Skyrim meets Kingdom of Amular. Huge open world that I've barely scratched the surface of. Lots of shit to gather and craft. There are two fairly important aspects to it - one is a grappling device that allows you to climb stuff (I have that one) and a cape thing that allows you to glide from high spots like a giant flying squirrel (don't have that one yet). You have to progress through the story and gather the appropriate resources to be able to craft them.

The bad:

No difficulty setting. I can see this is being very annoying for old farts like me or masochists who want the game to beat the shit out of them. Also, and this is really pissing me off, no quicksave. If you die, you respawn back at your base, and have to slog back to where you got whacked to recover any loot you didn't already have with you. I HATE THAT. I REALLY FUCKING HATE THAT. The game has also has a very annoying tendency to just pop opponents out of the ether which then immediately attack you, and at least in this stage of the game, it only takes a few hits to kill you. Very frustrating. Also, the grappling thing is very twitchy, and you can only use it in very limited spots. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just doesn't.

I'm not sure if the game is completely finished yet; that may explain the low price. If this is the case, I certainly hope they tweak some of the most annoying aspects of it. But it may just be what it is.

It's Early Access so it's not close to finished. I played for a few minutes and was shocked it didn't have a sprint toggle which for my dead hands is a must. It will get better over time and if it doesn't mods should be introduced at some point to fix those things. Might be the type of game that needs seasoning before it's ready to keep frustration levels low.

Also kinda shocked that you can't set difficulty and such, every survival game I know of allows you to tweak anything to your hearts desire.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:39 AM 01-25-2024

The good:

The bad:

It's Early Access so it's not close to finished. I played for a few minutes and was shocked it didn't have a sprint toggle which for my dead hands is a must. It will get better over time and if it doesn't mods should be introduced at some point to fix those things. Might be the type of game that needs seasoning before it's ready to keep frustration levels low.

Also kinda shocked that you can't set difficulty and such, every survival game I know of allows you to tweak anything to your hearts desire.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:35 AM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:

A sprint toggle wouldn't do you much good anyway, since it depletes your stamina so quickly.

Another thing that seems to be missing from this game entirely is any form of currency, and so far, no populated towns or merchants. And there doesn't seem to be a way to regain health or advance game time by sleeping. The NPCs you gather don't follow you, ever. They just hang out at the base. No meaningful conversations with them, either. You get the blacksmith first, and he just does smithing stuff and grunts/yells at you - period. I got attacked at my base by some wandering zombie thing and the fucker just stood there. Reminds me a little of Diablo in that regard.

One thing that I should do and haven't yet is establish other bases. You can carry the stone/flame things in your inventory and set up as many as your level allows. That will alleviate some of my frustration with having to retrace my steps so often after getting greased. And I'm sure it will be better once I've got the flying cape thing. I also haven't figured out how to roll/dodge during combat yet. I've seen it used in videos, so I know it's there. It may be some keystroke combo I haven't figured out yet, or may require selecting a skill from the tree. Also, apparently the bad guys don't level with your character, so they simply get stronger the farther you venture away from the starting area.

It is an interesting combination of things old and new.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:51 AM 01-25-2024

[Reply]
Page 240 of 256
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250 > Last »
Up