ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 382
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
frankotank 06:57 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Stingo is incredible, for an English Strong Ale. That small undercurrent of tartness plays so well with the coffee-forward deep malty flavors. That style doesn't quite have the ceiling of a barrel-aged, tart-cherry-added, Belgian Quadrupel. Stingo is a great Right Guard, while BBQ is a great Middle Linebacker.
it IS incredible! very very good. I didn't know there were cherries involved. I think I'll go get some more.....
me likey cherries!
I brew a batch once every several years. my last one I made a wheat and poured a gallon of pure cherry juice into it. it was pretty dang good.
[Reply]
Shag 08:18 PM 09-28-2012
Spent the last four days in San Diego on a beer tourism trip. Phenomenal. I love everything about SD. Had some truly amazing beers - here's the full list (spoilered for scrolling)...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bump 09:06 PM 09-28-2012
damn you had a lot of beer
[Reply]
phisherman 10:09 PM 09-28-2012
That list needs more Russian River.
[Reply]
Shag 10:13 PM 09-28-2012
Originally Posted by phisherman:
That list needs more Russian River.
Didn't run into much RR on tap, sadly. Just missed Supplication on tap by one day... :-) Brought some RR bottles home with me, though...
[Reply]
phisherman 10:20 PM 09-28-2012
Supplication...now you're talking.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:29 PM 09-28-2012
Originally Posted by Shag:
Didn't run into much RR on tap, sadly. Just missed Supplication on tap by one day... :-) Brought some RR bottles home with me, though...
I see you went to Lost Abbey, their brewmaster is from KC. Park Hill grad. and former Boulevard employee. Good dude.
[Reply]
Chest Rockwell 11:58 AM 10-12-2012
All right, I'm headed to this tomorrow and figured this is as good a place as any to help whittle down the list.

Any "must tries" you'd recommend, let me know por favor. List in spoiler below.

I'll probably be avoiding: 1) Pumpkin beers (there are a few I've had that are decent, but honestly, I'm over them) 2) Widely available nationally stuff 3) East Coast stuff (because most of it is as easy for me to get as stuff from #2).

In advance:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Reaper16 12:23 PM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell:
All right, I'm headed to this tomorrow and figured this is as good a place as any to help whittle down the list.

Any "must tries" you'd recommend, let me know por favor. List in spoiler below.

I'll probably be avoiding: 1) Pumpkin beers (there are a few I've had that are decent, but honestly, I'm over them) 2) Widely available nationally stuff 3) East Coast stuff (because most of it is as easy for me to get as stuff from #2).

In advance:

Spoiler!
23, 34, and 119 are the ones in that list that I'd order first. If I were there.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 01:12 PM 10-12-2012
so i had a boulevard tank 7 on draft....it was great
[Reply]
Phobia 01:18 PM 10-12-2012
That's a big list. Here's what stood out for me:
Matilda - Goose Island
Tank 7 - Boulevard
Any of the Lips of Faith from New Belgium
Anything from Avery
Looks like a couple of good Dunkels on the list too. Tank 7 isn't going to blow your mind but it's a very drinkable beer. I'm very fortunate to have that on tap at virtually everywhere I go so I underappreciate it.
[Reply]
phisherman 01:25 PM 10-12-2012
Even if you don't like pumpkin beers, do yourself a favor and try La Parcela from Jolly Pumpkin. It's a pumpkin beer, but it's a delicious sour pumpkin beer. Those guys make a wild ale like noone else in the states (except Russian River, Lost Abbey, The Bruery or maybe Cigar City).

Phil's list is pretty good too; I particularly enjoy Matilda. The Peach Porch Lounger is also pretty tasty by Lips of Faith/New Belgium.
[Reply]
Phobia 01:31 PM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Even if you don't like pumpkin beers, do yourself a favor and try La Parcela from Jolly Pumpkin.
I will keep my eyes open for that. Some pumpkins are a guilty pleasure for me mostly because my wife doesn't drink beer but she'll crack the right pumpkin with me. She likes the Schlafly Pumpkin and Pumpking but I recently picked up a sixer of Mother's Pumpkin and that's her new favorite.
[Reply]
Chest Rockwell 01:38 PM 10-12-2012
Thanks guys, this is exactly why I asked. Rep coming everybody's way.

I'll probably not do the Goose Island and Allegash...I tend to like both those breweries, but I can get the stuff they're offering elsewhere here.

Was definitely going to try the Tank 7 an Lips of Faith (pretty much the only New Belgium I can't get here).

I may give the La Parcela a shot, glad you mentioned it even though I said I'm over pumpkins (Brooklyn's Post Road is about the only one I'll still drink now and then). I'm big on sours and lambics so I was going to give the Timmermans Pumpkin Lambicus a go anyway.
[Reply]
Phobia 01:40 PM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell:
I'll probably not do the Goose Island and Allegash...I tend to like both those breweries, but I can get the stuff they're offering elsewhere here.
Yeah. Smart. Although another consideration is if you fall in love with a brew you can't get anywhere. What then?
[Reply]
Page 98 of 382
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Up