ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2047 of 4904
« First < 1047154719471997203720432044204520462047 204820492050205120572097214725473047 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:52 AM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Week 1 vs Week 7... six weeks, nothing really dramatic.

Chargers started slow as they do anywhere every year and required 14 points in the 4th to be in it.

YoungHoe Koo (who?) had a late FG blocked/tipped and they missed 44 yarder with .05 left in the game. Dude had a 4 game career... Denver's fault they trotted him out there?

Statistically speaking there wasn't much different between the two teams in those games, outside of 1st downs for Denver were lower in week 7.

I didn't do a player comparison so I don't know who was or was not in both games for either team.

On to Dallas... Ok, so they 'avg' 33 points in their next 5 games.

28@ AZ, 30 vs LAR, 31 vs GB, 40 @ SF, 33 @ WAS
Scored 28 when they beat KC ... understand why you stopped at 5, drives the total down and it hurts

After that, they scored 7, 9 and 6 points... not sure that works for you either.
Was that while Zeke was suspended? If so, nice try. But I don't think so.
[Reply]
TEX 10:53 AM 09-14-2018
Week 1 vs Week 7... six weeks, nothing really dramatic.

Chargers started slow as they do anywhere every year and required 14 points in the 4th to be in it.

YoungHoe Koo (who?) had a late FG blocked/tipped and they missed 44 yarder with .05 left in the game. Dude had a 4 game career... Denver's fault they trotted him out there?

Statistically speaking there wasn't much different between the two teams in those games, outside of 1st downs for Denver were lower in week 7.

I didn't do a player comparison so I don't know who was or was not in both games for either team.

On to Dallas... Ok, so they 'avg' 33 points in their next 5 games.

Scored 28 when they beat KC ... understand why you stopped at 5, drives the total down and it hurts

After that, they scored 7, 9 and 6 points... not sure that works for you either.
And here you go - divert with your stats to ignore the ONLY point he is trying to make. Safe space found. Tactic at full go. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:42 AM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Was that while Zeke was suspended? If so, nice try. But I don't think so.
Edit***
Elliott played @ Denver.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:43 AM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
And here you go - divert with your stats to ignore the ONLY point he is trying to make. Safe space found. Tactic at full go. :-)
Sorry to muck things up with data.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:58 AM 09-14-2018
And, I'll add to all of this... I've never denied there's a disadvantage for visiting teams playing at a higher elevation. Never once. I just don't buy into the narrative that it props up a team that is truly a 5-6 win team to finish any season at 9 wins simply because of the location.

I maintain that it evens out and believe most of you do as well with the comments around 'epic collapses' which have happened. Hell, the examples provided earlier with 2006, 2008 and 2009 ... Denver started on the road and had an even split in the first 4. But, that's still used to defend the stance... interesting.

Take the Cowboys game last year --- Denver plays that same week in Dallas with the Cowboys (and I looked, Zeke played in Denver)... are we suggesting that Dallas would have rolled the Broncos? Denver's defense held teams to under 80 yards like 9 times last year and 4 of those on the road. So, they were fine against the rush - issue was passing defense, simliar to last week.

Same with the Chargers and how they missed the final kick with the kicker that wasn't on their roster 6 weeks later?
[Reply]
Best22 12:03 PM 09-14-2018
And, I'll add to all of this... I've never denied there's a disadvantage for visiting teams playing at a higher elevation. Never once. I just don't buy into the narrative that it props up a team that is truly a 5-6 win team to finish any season at 9 wins simply because of the location.

I maintain that it evens out and believe most of you do as well with the comments around 'epic collapses' which have happened. Hell, the examples provided earlier with 2006, 2008 and 2009 ... Denver started on the road and had an even split in the first 4. But, that's still used to defend the stance... interesting.

Take the Cowboys game last year --- Denver plays that same week in Dallas with the Cowboys (and I looked, Zeke played in Denver)... are we suggesting that Dallas would have rolled the Broncos?

Same with the Chargers and how they missed the final kick with the kicker that wasn't on their roster 6 weeks later?
The Chargers didn't miss the kick. It got blocked

Now your selling your own team short
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:04 PM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
The Chargers didn't miss the kick. It got blocked

Now your selling your own team short
I did reference that in a post earlier.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:11 PM 09-14-2018

Most pass-blocking snaps played without allowing a single quarterback pressure:

1. Jared Veldheer - 40
2. Jason Peters - 37
3. Jeremy Parnel - 36
3. Cam Robinson - 36 #BroncosCountry

— PFF DEN Broncos (@PFF_Broncos) September 14, 2018

:-)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:27 PM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

And yet, CKINT threw 3 picks..........into a bad secondary. I understand that you're excited that your offensive line has actually protected the quarterback for the first time in years. But when your quarterback threw 3 picks in that same game, that shows what a shitty quarterback you have. You have no excuses to make for him when he threw 3 picks from o clean pocket. You will soon come to see that everything we tried to tell you about CKINT was true.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:44 PM 09-14-2018

That drop off in points coincided exactly with the beginning of Zeke's suspension....

They only scored 17 @ Denver and their QB said his lungs felt like they were on fire. Spin away...but no other team has a situation that physically impairs an opponent like that. None...
[Reply]
Best22 12:47 PM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

Case will look awful once he gets pressured
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:02 PM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
That drop off in points coincided exactly with the beginning of Zeke's suspension....

They only scored 17 @ Denver and their QB said his lungs felt like they were on fire. Spin away...but no other team has a situation that physically impairs an opponent like that. None...
Lucky us, I guess... the lungs on fire thing - that's the whole season though, right - not just the first few weeks.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:16 PM 09-14-2018
Chubb was going against Duane Brown too

Danielle Hunter was a force off the edge in Week 1. pic.twitter.com/qCD4F5kSGA

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) September 14, 2018

[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 02:32 PM 09-14-2018
Veldheer didn’t face any competition. He won’t til next week in baltimore
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:13 PM 09-14-2018
Cooler air is denser than warm air so warm air in higher altitudes would be less dense meaning even less oxygen available early in the season. The Broncos have been practicing in it and their bodies have had more time to get acclimated to the thinner air.

I spent a week in Colorado/Utah in late July/early August and it took three days before I felt like I could breathe close to normal. Of course, I'm sixty years old and have a paralyzed left diaphragm so I'm not a good example.

Back in the days of carburetors, engines needed to be jetted differently. Outboard engines would lose 10% of their power for each 2000 feet in elevation. Increased temperature would cause another 10% loss in power. The human body is not an internal combustion engine however it does require oxygen and reducing the oxygen will have an effect. Especially if the body is not acclimated to it.

By the way, the Broncos should have been disqualified for smearing Vaseline on their uniforms and bodies.

AND...

Tony Gonzalez was definitely IN BOUNDS on the TD that was taken away.

I thought I had gotten over that...

Evidently NOT!
[Reply]
Page 2047 of 4904
« First < 1047154719471997203720432044204520462047 204820492050205120572097214725473047 > Last »
Up