ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 33
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:28 AM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Ugh. I crapped out midway through the last episode and now I don't really have any desire to see the current one. :-)
It starts pretty damn rough, but the end is absolutely worth it.

The "romance" is a nothing burger.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:39 AM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Definitely didn't notice this Easter egg.
He's real. It's canon.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:13 PM 06-30-2022
Enjoyed this week's episode....a couple of surprises but still pretty good
[Reply]
Frazod 11:42 PM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Enjoyed this week's episode....a couple of surprises but still pretty good
I guess I'll spoiler this for now

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 10:37 PM 07-01-2022
Looks like we'll finally get an epic space battle in the finale! With the Romulans! :-)

[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:03 AM 07-02-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:21 AM 07-02-2022
Spoiler!
Agreed.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:04 PM 07-02-2022
Spoiler!
I'm holding out hope because we didn't see a death.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:00 PM 07-02-2022
So I'll just go forward assuming Kirk fought the derpiest Gorn to ever live at the end of its life. Lol

Still enjoyed the episode in spite of the few blatant ripoffs. Enjoying this show quite thoroughly so far.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:19 PM 07-02-2022
Chris Doohan, the son of original the original Scotty James Doohan, played an excellent Scotty in the fan-made Star Trek Continues a few years ago. It would really be cool if they brought him onboard to reprise the role. Roddenberry's son is one of the producers, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that it could happen.

I don't think there's much need to spoiler things at this point since it seems there are only about six of us who give a shit.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:20 PM 07-02-2022
Chris Doohan as Scotty occurred to me too, but he's in his early 60s. I know ages can be fudged a little, but Scotty should only be in his mid to late 30s at this point.

Speaking of which, I've wondered if their plan long-term is to transition into a psuedo-reboot of TOS. We've never seen the beginning of Kirk's 5 year mission, doing some kind of "TOS: Year One" show would be the least of Kirkman-Trek's affronts to canon.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:27 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Chris Doohan as Scotty occurred to me too, but he's in his early 60s. I know ages can be fudged a little, but Scotty should only be in his mid to late 30s at this point.

Speaking of which, I've wondered if their plan long-term is to transition into a psuedo-reboot of TOS. We've never seen the beginning of Kirk's 5 year mission, doing some kind of "TOS: Year One" show would be the least of Kirkman-Trek's affronts to canon.
Hmm. I didn't realize he was that old. But I guess to have a World War II vet as a dad, he'd pretty much have to be.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:27 AM 07-07-2022
Just finished the season finale. Not only the best episode of the season, but it ranks among the best Star Trek episodes ever. Absolutely fantastic.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:10 AM 07-07-2022
Just finished the season finale. Not only the best episode of the season, but it ranks among the best Star Trek episodes ever. Absolutely fantastic.
Ok, this is high praise coming from you. Going to go check this out immediately.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:29 AM 07-07-2022
OK. Good. Because if you said anything other than that I would have told you to go fuck yourself. That shit was golden.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 33
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up