Page 8 of 22
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Top gun trailer
Sorry 01:44 PM 07-18-2019
Couldn't find a thread.

https://youtu.be/qSqVVswa420
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:05 PM 05-28-2022
Loved it. Glad they brought back the tomcat.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:59 PM 05-28-2022
Sorry, I just had to……

[Reply]
BWillie 12:22 AM 05-29-2022
Absolutely fantastic movie. I don't really see the point of Jennifer Connellys character but I guess most ppl just have to have some romantic love interest in a movie, which Ill never understand.
[Reply]
-King- 05:27 AM 05-29-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Got tickets for tomorrow. Will be my first movie in a MX4D theater. Hope it's worth it. I'm really excited for it.
Totally worth it. The last 30 or so minutes were just a roller coaster. This movie was tailor made for that type of theater. The only thing I would change would be a bigger/curved screen to make it more immersive. Other than that, 10/10 experience.
[Reply]
Snica 09:54 AM 05-29-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I remember they had a toddler-aged kid in the first one that was Goose's son. If that is supposed to be Rooster, yeah, the time line is more than a bit off. Would help a bit if the wife was pregnant at the time and the kid was born after Goose died.

Of course, this movie was completed a couple of years ago and has sat in the can because of covid. And do they actually say when the movie was set? If the kid was born in, say, 1984, and the movie is set in 2016, that would make him 32. If it was a child born after Goose's death, he could be around 30. If Rooster didn't go the Annapolis route immediately after high school and instead went to a normal college, then attended OCS later, the time line isn't too bad. Also, at least when I was in, it generally took a lieutenant about eight years to make lieutenant commander, so if he's portrayed as a lieutenant in this, he could just be a really senior one in his early 30s.

The hardest part to believe is that Mitchell himself is still (a) a captain on active duty, and (b) flying jets in his 50s.

But, it's just a movie - and from everything I've heard, a damned good one. So I'm more than willing to let it go.

Haven't seen it yet but I'm being on it being a second child.

"Hey you big stud, take me to bed and lose me forever."
[Reply]
stumppy 02:04 PM 05-29-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Sorry, I just had to……

:-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:20 PM 05-30-2022
So Tom Cruise has his biggest opening weekend. 100 m or so.

Big deal. Movie admission is a hell of a lot more than it did when Top gun came out.

I want to know how many tickets were sold-not money.
[Reply]
kcpasco 06:22 PM 05-30-2022
Great movie that added diversity without going stupid woke bs.
[Reply]
B_Razz 08:15 PM 05-30-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You are the first person (whos over 30 I presume) who hasn't seen Top Gun.
I just saw the first top gun this weekend and I am 33. Just never saw it for some reason. Loved the 2nd one ( just saw it today). The first one was okay....
[Reply]
Stryker 08:26 PM 05-30-2022
Going to see this tomorrow @ 10:35 am! Tickets in hand! Can not wait!

Watched No Time to Die, Matrix Resurrection and now this. Rest of week will be Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger and the Chris Pine one! Fun summer so far! :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:48 PM 05-30-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

Big deal. Movie admission is a hell of a lot more than it did when Top gun came out.

It is definitely a big deal. I don't remember any Tom cruise movie getting nearly this kind of hype and it is easily the most hyped up theater movie post covid at a time when many movie makers are splitting between theaters and streaming.

And it deserves the hype. This movie was specifically made with the cinema in mind and it delivered. The insistence on making this a cinema only movie upped their game. It was an absolute adrenaline rush and I can't imagine feeling a fraction of that streaming from home. Can't rememher the last time I felt that way
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:00 AM 05-31-2022
If you eject at mach10+ you're not living to tell about it afterwards lol. That's almost 8,000 mph.

F15 pilot talks about ejecting at 800mph and how it crush his orbital bones, fractures vertebrate, broken limbs, getting knocked out only to wake up hanging in a parachute. Was lucky to get out of that alive.

Imagine going 10x that fast. It'd rip your body apart.

And does Maverick own a car?
[Reply]
BWillie 07:31 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It is definitely a big deal. I don't remember any Tom cruise movie getting nearly this kind of hype and it is easily the most hyped up theater movie post covid at a time when many movie makers are splitting between theaters and streaming.

And it deserves the hype. This movie was specifically made with the cinema in mind and it delivered. The insistence on making this a cinema only movie upped their game. It was an absolute adrenaline rush and I can't imagine feeling a fraction of that streaming from home. Can't rememher the last time I felt that way
It was a significant mistake for Dune to not open in theaters. Had to cost them 50 million. Blockbusters shouldn't be streamed, at least initially.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:26 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

Top Lifetime Adjusted Grosses

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/..._gross_to=2019

Not going to post the list because the graphic is too long, but the top 5 are:

Gone With The Wind
Star Wars
Sound of Music
E.T.
Titanic

The first Marvel movie (Avengers Endgame) cracks the list at No. 16.

And the original Top Gun is No. 124.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:46 AM 05-31-2022
Where am I?

Earth!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 22
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up