ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 39
« First < 283435363738 39 >
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:19 AM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
More people that don’t understand the purpose of the portrayal of Bruce Wayne in this movie

:-)

He’s not supposed to be charismatic. He let’s you know at the very beginning of the movie that he is a “nocturnal animal” for a reason. Bruce Wayne is his “mask”, and he doesn’t yet understand the purpose/benefits of being Bruce Wayne for his overall mission.
Have to agree. It's clear that this was supposed to be a young, inexperienced Batman.

Batman's got like 70 years of source material to pull from. Bruce Wayne, Batman, his rogues, etc. will not always be exactly the same in every movie. People have a difficult time understanding that for some reason.

They did the same complaining about Spider-Man being an Iron Man understudy in his latest trilogy.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:21 AM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Have to agree. It's clear that this was supposed to be a young, inexperienced Batman.

Batman's got like 70 years of source material to pull from. Bruce Wayne, Batman, his rogues, etc. will not always be exactly the same in every movie. People have a difficult time understanding that for some reason.

They did the same complaining about Spider-Man being an Iron Man understudy in his latest trilogy.
There’s also a reason they call him “Vengeance” and not the Batman. Not only is he not the Bruce Wayne we are used to, he’s not even the heroic Batman we’re used to either.

It’s his entire arc in the movie and it’s amazing how people don’t understand it was purposeful and makes sense given what they were going for.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:33 AM 06-10-2022
There’s also a reason they call him “Vengeance” and not the Batman. Not only is he not the Bruce Wayne we are used to, he’s not even the heroic Batman we’re used to either.

It’s his entire arc in the movie and it’s amazing how people don’t understand it was purposeful and makes sense given what they were going for.

I have to imagine that it’s less that they don’t understand it was the direction taken with this rendition and more that they just didn’t like it and have trouble articulating that.

Idk. That’s what I hope it is anyway, because there should not be this much gnashing of teeth over what was clearly the goal here: convey a younger, more brash Bat. He’s new to the job and obsessed. He thinks he can solve the city’s problems with his fists.

Don’t be surprised when we see a more polished Bat and involved Bruce Wayne in coming installments.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:21 AM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I have to imagine that it’s less that they don’t understand it was the direction taken with this rendition and more that they just didn’t like it and have trouble articulating that.

Idk. That’s what I hope it is anyway, because there should not be this much gnashing of teeth over what was clearly the goal here: convey a younger, more brash Bat. He’s new to the job and obsessed. He thinks he can solve the city’s problems with his fists.

Don’t be surprised when we see a more polished Bat and involved Bruce Wayne in coming installments.
I don't know, most people that didn't like it have said they don't like the "emo-douche" portrayal. We (I) would have been happy with a young, inexperienced, rageful Batman. What we (I) didn't like was another Kylo Ren or Anakin.

Regardless of source material, it's just not a character I like, and I'm fine with that. There's so much content in this genre that I don't mind not liking this one. I'll wait for the next Batman trilogy, as I loved the last one.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:27 AM 06-10-2022
To each his own, but I fully disagree that this is like a Kyle Ren or Anakin Skywalker situation.

By the end of the movie, he’s grown into a different character all together, and he will clearly be a different Bruce Wayne and Batman in the next movie.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:19 PM 06-10-2022
To each his own, but I fully disagree that this is like a Kyle Ren or Anakin Skywalker situation.

By the end of the movie, he’s grown into a different character all together, and he will clearly be a different Bruce Wayne and Batman in the next movie.
Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the end. I gave up about halfway through.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:00 PM 06-10-2022
As an artistic choice, I absolutely love the new direction taken

It has room to grow and evolve

A 50's noir crime drama remade for a modern audience, it hearkens back to Batmans earliest beginnings in the comic books... as more of a detective than ultra ninja playboy

That said I do hope the next one isn't quite so plodding, go ahead and make another 3 hour opus... but fill that time with more action, this one lacked in that respect

Big on cool atmospherics, lacking in action
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:44 PM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I don't know, most people that didn't like it have said they don't like the "emo-douche" portrayal. We (I) would have been happy with a young, inexperienced, rageful Batman. What we (I) didn't like was another Kylo Ren or Anakin.

Regardless of source material, it's just not a character I like, and I'm fine with that. There's so much content in this genre that I don't mind not liking this one. I'll wait for the next Batman trilogy, as I loved the last one.
I tend to agree with this. The further i get away from having watched the less desire I have to see a sequel. It just didn't do it for me personally but to each their own.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:48 PM 06-10-2022
I loved this movie. I don't how anybody could get Kylo vibes from Bruce Wayne.

But to each their own.
[Reply]
Stewie 10:01 PM 06-10-2022
Fun fact. Lyle Waggoner and Adam West were the two final actors considered for the Batman TV show.

Adam West got the role, but was typecast thereafter.

Waggoner moved on to better roles and way more money over his career.

Which actor benefitted?

Is it money, or legacy?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:19 PM 06-10-2022
I expected to hate this so actually enjoying it was very surprising.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:01 AM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by unlurking:

This is a good take on it.

I am not the person to even be arguing. I'm not impartial. I will literally enjoy anything they slap together when it comes to Batman and Spider-Man lol
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:02 AM 06-13-2022
The biggest issue I've ever had with a Batman on the big screen was Christian Bale. He wasn't bad; I just really, really don't like the way his mouth moves when he talks :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 07:21 PM 06-21-2022
I finally rewatched this last night. Much like Dune, I loved it the first time around and liked it even more the second time. IMO, this is hands down the best Batman movie ever and frankly it's not close. I liked it more than Batman Begins, and I like Pattinson's portrayal even more than Keaton's.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:36 PM 08-12-2022
FUN.

The Batman chase scene restored with every cinematic Batman theme. Posting because this shit’s fucking amazing. pic.twitter.com/2mTVgKN95l

— OhYeahIt’sThatGuy (@OSthatguy) August 11, 2022

[Reply]
Page 38 of 39
« First < 283435363738 39 >
Up