ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 38
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Yellowstone
srvy 09:22 AM 06-13-2018
New series to debut on Paramount network staring Kevin Costner. Trailer looks pretty good writer is Taylor Sheridan of the Sicario film series. Just my opinion but seams a loose take on Cliven Bundy.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:04 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think it’s more than that.

Everyone agreed Ryan Binghams character needed to die. Then he shows back up? And he’s being the same prick he was before.

The discipline is coming apart. And he sees Binghams character as a personification of the problems. And he was supposed to have hot lead in his dome. So he lashes out and catches the discipline that should have deaded Binghams character. And ancillary work, Costner comes unglued on him and gives him a little more discipline that should have got Binghams character dead.

So his whole belief structure is coming apart.

I don’t see the blonde chick as anything affecting Lloyd.
Lloyd briefly alluded to that. But Rip made a fair point - he isn't dead and therefore John Dutton doesn't want him to be. Again, if it's okay to kill for John, why isn't okay to let him live for John?

It's an underlying ethos that Lloyd has demonstrated for a long time and suddenly the underpinnings of it (John's word is law) don't apply?

Walker is a pretty boy douche but he's wearing the brand now. And yeah, I think they handed that out a little to freely, but it is what it is. But hey, if killing Lloyd gives Bryan more to do, I'm on board with it. I JUST realized last week that the guy who plays him is the same guy who played Midge's hipster boyfriend in Mad Men.

"You make the lie. You invent want."
"I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent..."

"The cops....you can't go out there."
"You can't..."
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:41 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Lloyd briefly alluded to that. But Rip made a fair point - he isn't dead and therefore John Dutton doesn't want him to be. Again, if it's okay to kill for John, why isn't okay to let him live for John?

It's an underlying ethos that Lloyd has demonstrated for a long time and suddenly the underpinnings of it (John's word is law) don't apply?

Walker is a pretty boy douche but he's wearing the brand now. And yeah, I think they handed that out a little to freely, but it is what it is. But hey, if killing Lloyd gives Bryan more to do, I'm on board with it. I JUST realized last week that the guy who plays him is the same guy who played Midge's hipster boyfriend in Mad Men.

"You make the lie. You invent want."
"I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent..."

"The cops....you can't go out there."
"You can't..."
I didn’t realize that either. Thats one of the best scenes in mad men. It’s just fucking perfect. I rewatched Mad Men sometime this summer and there is some goddamned big headed philosophical dialogue in there. Pretty compelling shit.

Anyway Matter at hand. I think boiling it down to John’s Word is the law is handwaving some real shit that these guys built their life around. Technically, Rip is right, but I don’t have to suspend belief very much to adopt Lloyds frame of mind.

For 40 years if he does the work and keeps his shit together for John, life as he knows it is going to go on. Then all the sudden he does, and life how he knows it DOESN’T go on, it can be rattling. And Bless his heart, I live Lloyd but the character they’ve developed in the show isn’t curing cancer. And it’s difficult for most people to be objective about something close to them, anyway, I don’t have to work too hard to conclude Lloyd can’t see the forest for the trees, and it feels like the foundation his world is built on is coming apart. Some of that is the acting. That’s a hell of a performance he’s turned in since he decided to fight Ryan Bingham.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:13 PM 11-29-2021
Last episode had so much Missoula in it.

The protest was on the street towards the back end of downtown Missoula. They briefly flashed a bar called the "Silver Dollar" which is a total shithole I spent many nights in. Cheap drinks and a good place to shoot pool. If you kept going down the street following the railroad tracks, there was the gym I used to train at, bare bones and totally awesome views of the mountains shown in the background of that protest.

Coster and Summer got in his truck in front of the bus station, which is near the center of downtown and you can't help but pass on your bar hoping night. Later Beth pulls into a parking garage in front of a restaurant called Wally and Buck. My wife is high school friends with the owners. We've spent some time with them when we were back in Missoula and I always enjoyed it because she's a good looking blonde. Woof woof!

Almost make me miss home.....but I have also heard they are honestly getting in influx of out of state people moving there because they think Yellowstone represents some outlaw "cowboy" shit that ACTUALLY happens in Montana. It doesn't, and your average farmer isn't good looking or rich.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:23 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:

The protest was on the street towards the back end of downtown Missoula. They briefly flashed a bar called the "Silver Dollar" which is a total shithole I spent many nights in. Cheap drinks and a good place to shoot pool. If you kept going down the street following the railroad tracks, there was the gym I used to train at, bare bones and totally awesome views of the mountains shown in the background of that protest.

Coster and Summer got in his truck in front of the bus station, which is near the center of downtown and you can't help but pass on your bar hoping night. Later Beth pulls into a parking garage in front of a restaurant called Wally and Buck. My wife is high school friends with the owners. We've spent some time with them when we were back in Missoula and I always enjoyed it because she's a good looking blonde. Woof woof!

Almost make me miss home.....but I have also heard they are honestly getting in influx of out of state people moving there because they think Yellowstone represents some outlaw "cowboy" shit that ACTUALLY happens in Montana. It doesn't, and your average farmer isn't good looking or rich.
I resemble that remark :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 09:28 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I resemble that remark :-)
Sorry, I meant super rich.

:-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:43 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He was kind of her lap-dog last season. It's an open question as to whether or not they actually consumated any sort of relationship.

This storyline is a reach, IMO. Lloyd is someone who's murdered to protect the ranch and now some weird sort of unrequited puppy love is going to have him scrapping decades of good will?

It's one of those lazy sorts of character turns that I just don't care for.
It's called thinking with your dick. Pussy is man's greatest weakness.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:46 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:

And I'm pretty sure there is more black people on the show than in the entire state of Montana lol.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:22 AM 12-01-2021
The guy who plays Jamie (Wes Bentley) is from Jonesboro, Arkansas and is a former heroin addict.

The guy who plays Lloyd is an actual former professional rodeo cowboy.

Costner, the guy who plays Chief Rainwater and the guy who plays Walker are all guitar players. The guy who plays Kayce is a drummer.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:35 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The guy who plays Jamie (Wes Bentley) is from Jonesboro, Arkansas and is a former heroin addict.

The guy who plays Lloyd is an actual former professional rodeo cowboy.

Costner, the guy who plays Chief Rainwater and the guy who plays Walker are all guitar players. The guy who plays Kayce is a drummer.
Walker is an actual country music performer. He's had a pretty long career prior to Yellowstone.

Not sure how into Red Dirt Country you are but he's a good listen.

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:21 PM 12-01-2021
A little light reading

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ye...?ocid=msedgntp
[Reply]
lcarus 06:02 PM 12-01-2021
Can someone fill me in on why Lloyd hates Walker so much? I know Walker refused to kill people for them. I remember all of that.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:54 PM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Can someone fill me in on why Lloyd hates Walker so much? I know Walker refused to kill people for them. I remember all of that.
He stole the hot barrel girl from him.
BTW those barrel gals are hot trouble
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 01:38 PM 12-02-2021
Rip and Lloyd both hate Walker because he dishonored the brand and was supposed to be train stationed for it. The barrel piece of ass is just insult to injury.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:58 PM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
A little light reading

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ye...?ocid=msedgntp
This is pretty spot on. I hate this whole Rip\Lloyd thing. It really doesn't make sense and is annoying. Fine, Rip, punch him out and that should be that. Let Lloyd get his revenge on Walker some other way. Move on.

It makes no sense, Lloyd is going to be Rip's best man, which is a big deal. Now I guess he's just gonna throw that out the window cuz Lloyd for the first time ever "went against" the rules. Just dumb.

I feel like Lloyd is somehow gonna work with the boy and do a better job than Rip or something stupid like that. I dunno. Whatever.

I'll need to binge this thing when the season is over, like I mentioned before. Might make all this a little less stupid maybe...maybe.

Right now, I'm watching it because I have loved it to this point. Hopefully it gets back to making sense in that world.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:01 PM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Lloyd made a pass at Walker who refused him...happened off camera though...
[Reply]
Page 12 of 38
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up