ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 38
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>Yellowstone
srvy 09:22 AM 06-13-2018
New series to debut on Paramount network staring Kevin Costner. Trailer looks pretty good writer is Taylor Sheridan of the Sicario film series. Just my opinion but seams a loose take on Cliven Bundy.

[Reply]
Buehler445 04:38 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
That might have been some of the most amazing action that I have ever seen in the first 15 mins of a season opener. WOW!

The rest of E1 was ok, but everything just kinda fell a little flat for me after that.
The first :15 was just wrapping up last season basically. The rest was setup. I’m sure there will be fireworks.

I did thoroughly enjoy the Indian torture.
[Reply]
kevrunner 11-15-2021, 02:07 AM
This message has been deleted by kevrunner. Reason: Error
displacedinMN 08:01 PM 11-28-2021
I wish they would extend some of the story lines a little more.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:14 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I wish they would extend some of the story lines a little more.
Its being recorded, can't wait to watch it tomorrow

I'm worried about Lloyd, he might be ready to sell out after that humiliation in the bunkhouse...
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:13 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its being recorded, can't wait to watch it tomorrow

I'm worried about Lloyd, he might be ready to sell out after that humiliation in the bunkhouse...
The scenes from next weeks preview is...troublesome if you're team Lloyd.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 11-29-2021
Last two episodes felt more like moving chess pieces than anything.

Glad to see they're steering away from Jamie as a big bad. A) He's just too big of a pussy to be intimidating and B) There's just no WAY he'd have ordered an attack on Casey. For everything he hates about Beth and his frustration with John (who I say he's too in awe of to attack) - Casey is his brother in the same sense of any 'normal' person. He almost seems to look up to him. There's no way he'd do that.

I also can't convince myself to be scared of that little Australian Dwarf woman from Market Equities. Willa Hayes was a far better character. I'm supposed to be all cowed when she tries to bark back at Beth and all I can see is a Pomeranian trying to bow up on a Doberman.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:23 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm team Laramie.

Good lord. That person is just perfectly shaped.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:36 AM 11-29-2021
Would somebody remind me of what happened with Lloyd and the blonde woman who is now with singing cowboy?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:12 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Would somebody remind me of what happened with Lloyd and the blonde woman who is now with singing cowboy?
He was kind of her lap-dog last season. It's an open question as to whether or not they actually consumated any sort of relationship.

This storyline is a reach, IMO. Lloyd is someone who's murdered to protect the ranch and now some weird sort of unrequited puppy love is going to have him scrapping decades of good will?

It's one of those lazy sorts of character turns that I just don't care for.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:04 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He was kind of her lap-dog last season. It's an open question as to whether or not they actually consumated any sort of relationship.

This storyline is a reach, IMO. Lloyd is someone who's murdered to protect the ranch and now some weird sort of unrequited puppy love is going to have him scrapping decades of good will?

It's one of those lazy sorts of character turns that I just don't care for.
THIS.

I could honestly do without the bunkhouse bunny bullshit. Both of those girls are annoying as hell.

The writing sometimes feels lazy, like they just want to get to a point so they just...make it happen. It still makes no sense to me that Rip killed the pothead money guy from last season, but whatever.

Last season, I remember not liking as much because it seemed to move too slowly. Then I binged it right after and liked it a ton more. Maybe that's the case this season. I look forward to bingeing this again when it's done.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:59 AM 11-29-2021
My biggest problem with this series is how much you have to suspend belief. If the family that owned the largest ranch in Wyoming was attacked by gunmen and a bomb in three incidents on the same day, it would be national news. In this series they've already blown it off like no harm no foul. This is like "Dallas" meets "The Sopranos."

I would like to spank the chick who plays Beth. She's naughty.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:05 PM 11-29-2021
I don't remember seeing anything in the preview about Lloyd, what does it show? At any rate its not looking good, Rip went too far and embarrassed his right hand man in front of the whole crew... Lloyds gonna turn against them IMO

Last two episodes felt more like moving chess pieces than anything.

Glad to see they're steering away from Jamie as a big bad. A) He's just too big of a pussy to be intimidating and B) There's just no WAY he'd have ordered an attack on Casey. For everything he hates about Beth and his frustration with John (who I say he's too in awe of to attack) - Casey is his brother in the same sense of any 'normal' person. He almost seems to look up to him. There's no way he'd do that.

I also can't convince myself to be scared of that little Australian Dwarf woman from Market Equities. Willa Hayes was a far better character. I'm supposed to be all cowed when she tries to bark back at Beth and all I can see is a Pomeranian trying to bow up on a Doberman.
I bet dwarf lady is gonna prove to be a tough matchup for Beth, she didn't blink in the face of Beths big talk... and she has waaay more money to boot
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:25 PM 11-29-2021
I don't remember seeing anything in the preview about Lloyd, what does it show? At any rate its not looking good, Rip went too far and embarrassed his right hand man in front of the whole crew... Lloyds gonna turn against them IMO
I'm thinking/hoping that Lloyd puts some energy into the kid and teaches him the ropes similarly to how he took Rip under his wing.

Because man - it's just the laziest of lazy writing to have him turn heel. Again - this dude murdered co-workers in cold blood, presumptively several of them, and never had an issue.

Now Rip is hard on him (something he KNEW Rip would do) and he's going to leave the reservation? That just doesn't make sense.

You can't spend 3 seasons demonstrating a guy's character and then just flip it overnight. Not for something that's fairly trivial in comparison to what he's looked past.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:32 PM 11-29-2021
I'm thinking/hoping that Lloyd puts some energy into the kid and teaches him the ropes similarly to how he took Rip under his wing.

Because man - it's just the laziest of lazy writing to have him turn heel. Again - this dude murdered co-workers in cold blood, presumptively several of them, and never had an issue.

Now Rip is hard on him (something he KNEW Rip would do) and he's going to leave the reservation? That just doesn't make sense.

You can't spend 3 seasons demonstrating a guy's character and then just flip it overnight. Not for something that's fairly trivial in comparison to what he's looked past.
I'm just guessing of course, they could take his story any number of directions... but something is definitely brewing with him, they didn't have him get his ass kicked just to drop it, they're setting something up
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:40 PM 11-29-2021

I bet dwarf lady is gonna prove to be a tough matchup for Beth, she didn't blink in the face of Beths big talk... and she has waaay more money to boot
The preview showed him in the stable talking to the kid and saying there’s no room for outcasts like us in the bunkhouse.

I think it’s more than that.

Everyone agreed Ryan Binghams character needed to die. Then he shows back up? And he’s being the same prick he was before.

The discipline is coming apart. And he sees Binghams character as a personification of the problems. And he was supposed to have hot lead in his dome. So he lashes out and catches the discipline that should have deaded Binghams character. And ancillary work, Costner comes unglued on him and gives him a little more discipline that should have got Binghams character dead.

So his whole belief structure is coming apart.

I don’t see the blonde chick as anything affecting Lloyd.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:42 PM 11-29-2021
The preview showed him in the stable talking to the kid and saying there’s no room for outcasts like us in the bunkhouse.

I think it’s more than that.

Everyone agreed Ryan Binghams character needed to die. Then he shows back up? And he’s being the same prick he was before.

The discipline is coming apart. And he sees Binghams character as a personification of the problems. And he was supposed to have hot lead in his dome. So he lashes out and catches the discipline that should have deaded Binghams character. And ancillary work, Costner comes unglued on him and gives him a little more discipline that should have got Binghams character dead.

So his whole belief structure is coming apart.

I don’t see the blonde chick as anything affecting Lloyd.
Wow, not sure how I missed that part of the preview... yep he's feeling unappreciated and cast aside
[Reply]
Page 11 of 38
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up