ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 243 of 286
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
In58men 10:36 PM 07-05-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Luca was really cute. Pixar just does such a great job.
Watched it tonight based solely on your post. We all enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:48 PM 07-05-2021
Got a Movie Thread/Series Thread tie-in.

Watched Lincoln as an Independence Day relaxation, was 2/3 through the movie before it struck me who was playing Lincoln's Secy Nicolay.

[Reply]
Cheater5 03:47 AM 07-06-2021
I’m not up to speed on my current Hollywood actors category—- who played Secretary Nicolay?
[Reply]
eDave 04:20 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
I’m not up to speed on my current Hollywood actors category—- who played Secretary Nicolay?
Jeremy Strong
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:54 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Originally Posted by eDave:
Jeremy Strong
He plays Kenneth, a central character in Succession, which is being discussed a little bit in the Must See Series thread currently.

Starting here;

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost...postcount=1187

Kind of a larger than life, meme-able character that's almost bigger than TV, along the lines of Tony Soprano or Walter White [not that he's 'the same' as them, character-wise, . . . just a different high profile archetype], captures the zeitgeist of a certain type of person in a time and place.
[Reply]
Cheater5 05:20 AM 07-06-2021
Thanks. Never heard of him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:40 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Watched it tonight based solely on your post. We all enjoyed it.
I'm glad you guys enjoyed it as well. It wasn't Pixar's best, but it was an enjoyable watch for sure.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:46 AM 07-06-2021
I'm glad you guys enjoyed it as well. It wasn't Pixar's best, but it was an enjoyable watch for sure.
I think part of Pixar's recent dip has a ton to do with its lack of memorable music. These last few films are lacking the talents of someone like Michael Giacchino, who has been terrific is basically every film he was involved with for Pixar.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:58 AM 07-06-2021
Caught Synchronic with Anthony Mackie on Netflix. Decent, trippy idea of a movie. If you're bored and looking for something new to watch, check it out (and is there a movie that Mackie HASN'T been in lately??). I actually wanted this movie to be longer to further explore the premise of what was going on. It felt like it could have been much better with another 20-30 minutes to me.

Also saw Tomorrow War on Prime. I loved the premise, and I also loved seeing Yvonne Strahovski (dammit girl), but it just felt like it didn't live up to what it could have/should have been. I'm a Chris Pratt fan, but it felt like he was purely going through the motions for a paycheck in this one. This is a movie that may have been better suited as a series.

And just an opinion here - through the age of Covid I'm glad for platforms like Netflix and Prime to have put out the content they have in movies and series to make up for the lack of theater entertainment, but man is there a dropoff in quality between the two. Again I'm grateful to have it, but do I ever miss the blockbuster and true Hollywood product you get in the theater. If Netflix and the rest are going to continue down this path and this really is the future we're looking at, hopefully the quality continues to improve (and I realize that means costs will go up, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there).
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:21 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I think part of Pixar's recent dip has a ton to do with its lack of memorable music. These last few films are lacking the talents of someone like Michael Giacchino, who has been terrific is basically every film he was involved with for Pixar.
Funny you mention that because the whole time I was watching Luca I was getting Final Fantasy VII vibes from the music. Personally, I love it as it gives me a nostalgic feeling, but it is certainly not memorable for the masses.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:25 AM 07-14-2021
I watched the first two installments of those Fear Street movies on Netflix.

The first was better than the second, IMO, but overall they're decent. Worth a watch. Kind of a strange middle ground between PG-13 and Rated R so think Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark- not true horror.

The third and final should be out soon so I will definitely catch that one too.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:19 PM 07-14-2021
Oh, and I also finally caught The Green Book. I liked it well enough. I thought Viggo was great as was Mahershala.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:05 PM 07-14-2021
I watched the first two installments of those Fear Street movies on Netflix.

The first was better than the second, IMO, but overall they're decent. Worth a watch. Kind of a strange middle ground between PG-13 and Rated R so think Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark- not true horror.

The third and final should be out soon so I will definitely catch that one too.
I’ve only watched the first Fear Street. It’s definitely rated R
[Reply]
sully1983 07:27 PM 07-14-2021
Oh, and I also finally caught The Green Book. I liked it well enough. I thought Viggo was great as was Mahershala.
I still can't believe the guy that directed Hall Pass directed Green Book. That is flat out hilarious :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:47 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I still can't believe the guy that directed Hall Pass directed Green Book. That is flat out hilarious :-)
Yep. And him and his brother co-directed Dumb and Dumber, Kingpin and There’s Something about Mary
[Reply]
Page 243 of 286
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253 > Last »
Up