ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 286
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:30 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This right here.

I've been a huge library fiend for the past year and a half or so. It's awesome. They've got new movies and music as well.
my wife is a librarian, so I don't even have to go there! Of course, our library will even mail you the books for $3. And you can get music, movies, ebooks.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:35 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
my wife is a librarian, so I don't even have to go there! Of course, our library will even mail you the books for $3. And you can get music, movies, ebooks.

Damn, I hate to be that one-upping douche but our library system will deliver the shit to your house for the free! Yes, free.99.

It's an awesome service that a large percentage of the population doesn't even know about, which is probably a good thing because if everyone knew they'd probably overload the system.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:37 PM 07-12-2016
It's kinda risky for me living in apartments though. I had the fourth Game of Thrones book delivered to my house once and no one was home so they legit just left it right at the base of the door. In an apartment that shit could get snatched up so quick.

I mean, it's something from the library that literally anyone can have for free so I wouldn't think people would be apt to steal it, but people are weird and shady. I wouldn't put it past them.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:02 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Damn, I hate to be that one-upping douche but our library system will deliver the shit to your house for the free! Yes, free.99.

It's an awesome service that a large percentage of the population doesn't even know about, which is probably a good thing because if everyone knew they'd probably overload the system.
ours did until about 2 years ago. they decided to can it because a few people would use it to just order a shitload (you can have 99 items out at once apparently).
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:16 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
ours did until about 2 years ago. they decided to can it because a few people would use it to just order a shitload (you can have 99 items out at once apparently).
That's why we can't have nice things. They say we're allowed to check out 101 items at once here. I try and be courteous, only withdrawing 10 books/movies at a time and I won't request home delivery unless it's at a library on the other side of town.

I'd imagine most people don't give two shits, though. Some of the items I check out just look like they've been through hell. I can't tell you how many times I've checked out a movie only to get home and find that the disc is so scratched up my DVD player can't play it. Inconsiderate assholes. It's gotten to the point where i check the disc before even leaving the library to save myself the annoyance.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:43 PM 07-13-2016
If you are reading books, don't you want to buy them so you can have that trophy?

I am the same with movies in that if I buy one I want the hard copy, not a digital download.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:58 AM 07-14-2016
Watched The Witch. Was completely let down. I hate when they hype a movie and then it sucks.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:05 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
If you are reading books, don't you want to buy them so you can have that trophy?

I am the same with movies in that if I buy one I want the hard copy, not a digital download.

Nope. I hate clutter.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:01 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:

I'd much rather borrow it for free from the library.
[Reply]
Cheater5 12:31 PM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Watched The Witch. Was completely let down. I hate when they hype a movie and then it sucks.

Yeah, I thought so too. Difficult to understand the dialogue at times as well. It was like eating a huge bowl of plain oatmeal- it gets boring fast, and you get full of it after a few bites.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:46 AM 07-22-2016
Finally watched Gran Torino. I hadn't watched it because I wasn't really into all the slurs. I'm not a prude or anything, I just figured it would be over the top. And it wouldn't have been if Eastwood and all his buddies called each other mics and pollocks. :-)

Goddamn that was a hell of a good movie. I wish I'd have watched it sooner.
[Reply]
frankotank 10:00 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Finally watched Gran Torino. I hadn't watched it because I wasn't really into all the slurs. I'm not a prude or anything, I just figured it would be over the top. And it wouldn't have been if Eastwood and all his buddies called each other mics and pollocks. :-)

Goddamn that was a hell of a good movie. I wish I'd have watched it sooner.
before I saw Gran Torino easily Unforgiven was IMO the best Eastwood movie...ever.

I don't like racists....don't like slurs etc.....but this movie....you start out hating the sonofabitch and by the end you're rooting for him. just awesome. push comes so shove I think I still give Unforgiven the nod....but Gran Torino is just a great great movie.
[Reply]
frankotank 10:01 AM 07-22-2016
has anyone seen the new Tarzan movie?
I heard a few things and they are exact opposites. some say yay...some say boo.
[Reply]
Fish 10:06 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
has anyone seen the new Tarzan movie?
I heard a few things and they are exact opposites. some say yay...some say boo.
Shitty.
[Reply]
frankotank 10:07 AM 07-22-2016
SK - I love him. remember that even the babe couldn't hit a home run every time!
after I read Under The Dome I wanted to kill him. then I read 11/22/63 and I loved him again. hahahaha

totally agree with afore mentioned - his shorts are the best. but always always the book will outshine a movie. as for the shorts...so many come to mind....but the one that always stuck with me (from Skeleton Crew) cause it just scared the shit out of me....Gramma.

geeze man...just fucking creepy. and the end....OMG.....you'll never look at old people the same again.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 286
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Up