« First < 414748495051 52 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 04:36 PM 12-18-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Unless Trey demonstrates more reliability and consistency, no, I'm not paying him.
I think this ship has jumped the Khols bathroom as they say
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:38 PM 12-18-2023
Starting to wonder if he's got a nagging injury, because he's been absolute dog shit these past couple weeks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:42 PM 12-18-2023
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think this ship has jumped the Khols bathroom as they say
The penalties are real - so I'm not saying to ignore them.

But, setting aside for the minute the penalties, Trey Smith has low-key been our worst offensive lineman this year, IMO.

Add the penalties back in and it's been Taylor (though Smith has plenty of flags of his own; nobody touches Taylor). But on a snap to snap basis, when it simply comes to executing his assignment, I think Smith's been our worst guy.

And maybe part of that is me weighing passing snaps much heavier than running snaps. Smith's been better than Taylor in the run game. But Taylor's been much better than Smith in pass pro.

Smith's cheap - that's great. But are we sure he's actually good? Because I'm starting to think he isn't. And if someone came along with a 3rd round pick who thought he was a viable long-term answer for them, I think I'd be fine bringing Allegretti back, drafting a long-term answer at G to try to replace him and going from there.

Smith struggled for most of last season. He's struggled for big chunks of this season. I'm thinking he's probably pretty damn overrated at this point.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:45 PM 12-18-2023
It may be a certain type of D tackle that gives him problems.. I know we were praising him earlier this year.. Spaghetti may be just the same player.. IDK..
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:46 PM 12-18-2023
I don’t remember him blowing up anyone on blocks like he did the first couple years. Haven’t seen that mean mother fucker level people on the second and third levels.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:55 PM 12-18-2023
Originally Posted by Kman34:
It may be a certain type of D tackle that gives him problems.. I know we were praising him earlier this year.. Spaghetti may be just the same player.. IDK..
He struggled yesterday, but for the season I would just remind people he plays next to trash.

He did struggle with that athletic fatty yesterday, but watcu the clip of Clyde's big screen pass. That big MFer may be faster than CEH. Smith is definitely worth keeping if he doesn't want an astronomical contract.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:11 PM 12-18-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
He struggled yesterday, but for the season I would just remind people he plays next to trash.

Wait What Hold On GIFfrom Wait What GIFs

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:12 PM 12-18-2023

He did struggle with that athletic fatty yesterday, but watcu the clip of Clyde's big screen pass. That big MFer may be faster than CEH. Smith is definitely worth keeping if he doesn't want an astronomical contract.
"Plays next to trash"?? Smh grow up fgs.
[Reply]
JPH83 05:17 PM 12-18-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The penalties are real - so I'm not saying to ignore them.

But, setting aside for the minute the penalties, Trey Smith has low-key been our worst offensive lineman this year, IMO.

Add the penalties back in and it's been Taylor (though Smith has plenty of flags of his own; nobody touches Taylor). But on a snap to snap basis, when it simply comes to executing his assignment, I think Smith's been our worst guy.

And maybe part of that is me weighing passing snaps much heavier than running snaps. Smith's been better than Taylor in the run game. But Taylor's been much better than Smith in pass pro.

Smith's cheap - that's great. But are we sure he's actually good? Because I'm starting to think he isn't. And if someone came along with a 3rd round pick who thought he was a viable long-term answer for them, I think I'd be fine bringing Allegretti back, drafting a long-term answer at G to try to replace him and going from there.

Smith struggled for most of last season. He's struggled for big chunks of this season. I'm thinking he's probably pretty damn overrated at this point.
Not sure I agree with this. He's had some rough patches but he's significantly better than Allegretti. The OTs have been every bit as bad in pass pro and awful run blockers, even Creed has had dodgy patches. The whole line had just been really up and down. Trey is probably overrated but the OTs are the problem. Penalties, whiffs, awful run-blocking, we've seen it all.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:42 PM 12-18-2023
Interesting, because many here have proclaimed Wylie to be the worst RT in football and Veach was supposedly correct to “upgrade” to Taylor and make him the second highest paid RT in the league.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 05:43 PM 12-18-2023
I think Trey is playing with an injury because the dude has been nails for a few seasons now CONSISTENTLY. And he's been struggling for a few weeks and I think that's all it is.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:56 PM 12-18-2023
Is it possible that they had to change his medication for his clotting condition?

I know less than nothing about anything involved, but that might explain it if it is.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:20 PM 12-20-2023
fell on his ass and got up looking to murder someone

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:25 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
fell on his ass and got up looking to murder someone

The first time I saw this on TV, I didn't know why Trey Smith didn't block #5. Now I realize that was just a bad TV angle and he blocked the right guy. Rice took a terrible angle on #5 and could have pushed him out towards the sideline.
[Reply]
thabear04 09:47 PM 01-15-2024
https://www.instagram.com/brandontho...RlODBiNWFlZA==

The guy has a video of Smith just being a big nasty bully against Christian Wilkins gotta love it.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 52
« First < 414748495051 52 >
Up